• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the vulcans to the falklands

This reminds me of a story told by a Royal Air Force Victor commander who landed at the U.S. Andersen Air Force Base (Guam). He was greeted by a USAF ground crew member who asked him "Sir? Is that Vulcan?".

The Victor commander told him that is was a Victor. That unlike the USAF which relied on the B-52. the Royal Air Force had bought the Victor and Vulcan for its long range bomber needs.

The American said "Wow! I wish we could afford to do that!.

Well, you got to admit it was a sexy and futuristic aircraft.

avvictor_03.jpg

The US did not field a comparable looking aircraft until the B-1. The Victor looked like it had come from the latest issue of Popular Mechanics even decades later, while the BUFF looked like it was hacked together from spare parts.

avvictor_03.jpg

The US did not field a comparable looking aircraft until the B-1. The Victor looked like it had come from the latest issue of Popular Mechanics even decades later, while the BUFF looked like it was hacked together from spare parts..

Well in its defense the B-52 was a derivative of the Boeing airliner design philosophy of tube fuselage and underwing engine pods

avvictor_03.jpg

The US did not field a comparable looking aircraft until the B-1. The Victor looked like it had come from the latest issue of Popular Mechanics even decades later, while the BUFF looked like it was hacked together from spare parts.

I always thought it looked like a medieval helmet. What a leap from Lancaster bombers though.

9M_Le2SKaiCJPiW93ef5L-clBsFzUoA4CYQA2Pn4kok.jpg

Back
Top Bottom