• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Voters Have Spoken...or Have They?

Why are we talking about the OP? You assume a post is only ever a reflection of the poster's beliefs? Please answer. I'd really like to know.

I'm guessing you didn't see this post:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-el...re-senate-fails-awe-house.html#post1059079060

BDBoop..if you want people not to expect that the link you're posting represents your views you may want to actually produce some individual commentary on it to give people an idea of what to think as to why you're posting it. Otherwise its up to a guess and with the amount of people who DO post articles rather than making arguments its reasonable to assume if you post it with nothing else it probably means you agree with it.

BDBoop..if you want people not to expect that the link you're posting represents your views you may want to actually produce some individual commentary on it to give people an idea of what to think as to why you're posting it. Otherwise its up to a guess and with the amount of people who DO post articles rather than making arguments its reasonable to assume if you post it with nothing else it probably means you agree with it.

Point taken. The way I grew up, people didn't slant anything when they started a discussion.

Andy Ostroy: The Voters Have Spoken...or Have They?

Republicans and Tea Party braggarts are beaming that voters have spoken. But have they? The truth is, I don't think they've said much of anything. Rather, what they did Tuesday instead was grunt and groan, letting out unintelligible gasps of exasperation. These schizophrenic voters, with their short memories and misguided rekindled love affair with Republicans, demonstrated what an angry, impatient and uninformed electorate is truly capable of.

But yet several Democrats holding office in states that swung to Republican held office (like Governor Beebe of Arkansas for example) . . so obviously the decisions aren't all-encompassing.

Thanks for the fix, Mr. G!

The message from voters was explicit in the 2010 elections. It was the following. "We know dirtbag politicians are going to be dirtbag politicians, but you've crossed the line and you're sinking the ship by doing so. Cease and desist immediately and change the rules so the American government can never come this close to destroying our country again."

I hope Boehner is listening.

However, there was also another message. "Dead people, homeless people, illegal immigrants, ACORN scum, and union thugs can win elections." This time around, it looks like there weren't as many resurrections.

Last edited:
Awwww...since they didn't vote for your guys, they must be deranged, stupid, or lacking guidance.

That's just great political discourse there, I tell ya.

It's essentially what some conservatives were claiming back in '08. Don't remember the "How Obama got elected" video?

Simply put... people are okay with the fickle nature of the American voter when it suits their purpose, and when Republicans fall again... we'll see these threads.

Back
Top Bottom