• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Virgin Birth, Crucifixion, Resurrection, and Ascension

You cannot reconcile "I and the Father are One" with a verse that has a totally different context.
It is in the same account where he says the Father and he are one...

Remarkable at how good you are at playing dumb, just to fit another one of your false doctrines, with the truth staring you in the face.

You are the one doing that by believing the Watchtower is more accurate than the Bible.

You are the one doing that by believing the Watchtower is more accurate than the Bible.
I use the Bible to prove my points...good grief...

You don't know? Good grief...John 10...

I can remember a lot of verses, but have no memory at all of where many of them are in the Bible. This year I plan to work on getting better at that.

I use the Bible to prove my points...good grief...

I use the Bible to prove MY points and you tell me I am wrong anyway. So I assume your wrong ideas come from the Watchtower.

I can remember a lot of verses, but have no memory at all of where many of them are in the Bible. This year I plan to work on getting better at that.
I'm sorry I snapped at you...it's getting late here and I'm tired, I'm going to bed...good night...

For everyone else, it would be equivalent to having a stepdad. Jesus had the same mother as several other people, but not the same father. So the fact Mary had more sons after Jesus was born tells you nothing about his divinity.
Mary had no other children.

Amazing. So what's the Greek word for cousin and where is it used in the new Testament?
Yes, it is amazing that you don't understand the context of the difference between physical brothers and spiritual brothers...

Definition
  1. a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother
  2. having the same national ancestor, belonging to the same people, or countryman
  3. any fellow or man
  4. a fellow believer, united to another by the bond of affection
  5. an associate in employment or office
  6. brethren in Christ
    1. his brothers by blood
    2. all men
    3. apostles
    4. Christians, as those who are exalted to the same heavenly place
  7. https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/adelphos.html
Now, eat cake, I'm going to bed...

You're still denying the plain words of the Bible. "Without Him was made nothing that was made."

Utterly dishonest that you continue to call Christ created when you've been shown this multiple times.
What? There's video now?

Yes, it is amazing that you don't understand the context of the difference between physical brothers and spiritual brothers...

Definition
  1. a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother
  2. having the same national ancestor, belonging to the same people, or countryman
  3. any fellow or man
  4. a fellow believer, united to another by the bond of affection
  5. an associate in employment or office
  6. brethren in Christ
    1. his brothers by blood
    2. all men
    3. apostles
    4. Christians, as those who are exalted to the same heavenly place
  7. https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/adelphos.html
Now, eat cake, I'm going to bed...
The context implies relatives, not specifically biologist brothers. Even your first definition says they could be half brothers, like children from Joseph but not Mary.

Really...the majority of Bible scholars accept the cumulative evidence that Jesus had at least 4 brothers and 2 sisters and that all were offspring of Joseph and Mary by natural means after the miraculous birth of Jesus...during Jesus’ ministry, “his brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him,” so this would certainly rule out their being his brothers in a spiritual sense...his spiritual brothers would not be called brothers is they were not exercising faith in Jesus...

"So his brothers said to him: “Leave here and go into Judea, so that your disciples may also see the works you are doing. For no one does anything in secret when he seeks to be known publicly. If you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” His brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him." John 2:12

The relationship Jesus' fleshly brothers had with his mother Mary also indicates they were her children rather than more distant relatives because they are usually mentioned in association with her...statements to the effect that Jesus was Mary’s “firstborn”...

And she gave birth to her son, the firstborn, and she wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the lodging place." Luke 2:7

Also, that Joseph “had no intercourse with her until she gave birth to a son,” supports the view that Joseph and Mary had other children...Matthew 1:25

The scriptures make it clear, Mary did not remain a virgin throughout her life...

The book of John was written by the brother of James, not John the Baptist. Who was their mom?

BTW Jesus had a cousin: John the Baptist, Elizabeth's son.

The context implies relatives, not specifically biologist brothers. Even your first definition says they could be half brothers, like children from Joseph but not Mary.

All of Mary's other children were half siblings of Jesus, since Jesus was not the biological son of Joseph. Any child of Joseph but not Mary cannot be considered a biological sibling of Jesus.

Really...the majority of Bible scholars accept the cumulative evidence that Jesus had at least 4 brothers and 2 sisters and that all were offspring of Joseph and Mary by natural means after the miraculous birth of Jesus...during Jesus’ ministry, “his brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him,” so this would certainly rule out their being his brothers in a spiritual sense...his spiritual brothers would not be called brothers is they were not exercising faith in Jesus...

"So his brothers said to him: “Leave here and go into Judea, so that your disciples may also see the works you are doing. For no one does anything in secret when he seeks to be known publicly. If you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.” His brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him." John 2:12

The relationship Jesus' fleshly brothers had with his mother Mary also indicates they were her children rather than more distant relatives because they are usually mentioned in association with her...statements to the effect that Jesus was Mary’s “firstborn”...

And she gave birth to her son, the firstborn, and she wrapped him in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the lodging place." Luke 2:7

Also, that Joseph “had no intercourse with her until she gave birth to a son,” supports the view that Joseph and Mary had other children...Matthew 1:25

The scriptures make it clear, Mary did not remain a virgin throughout her life...
What's the word for cousin in the Bible?

• 1 Timothy 4:13: Until I come, attend to the public reading of scripture, to preaching, to teaching. (Does this mean Timothy should stop teaching after Paul comes?)

The book of John was written by the brother of James, not John the Baptist. Who was their mom?

A different Mary.

Yes. A fairly distant cousin.

So the mother of Jesus was not the mother of several other boys?

BTW, what do the majority of biblical scholars say about your Watchtower translation of the Bible, especially John 1? They say it's UTTERLY FALSE.

So the mother of Jesus was not the mother of several other boys?
No. She remained a virgin her entire earthly life. St. Jerome, the expert on translating Greek had this to say.

“You say that Mary did not continue a virgin: I claim still more that Joseph himself, on account of Mary was a virgin, so that from a virgin wedlock a virgin son was born [Perpetual Virginity of Blessed Mary 21 (A.D. 383)].

All of Mary's other children were half siblings of Jesus, since Jesus was not the biological son of Joseph. Any child of Joseph but not Mary cannot be considered a biological sibling of Jesus.
Mary had no other children. And certainly the Jews didn't acknowledge that He was born of God.

I view the Old Testament, New Testament, the Koran and other Holy Books
as inspirational but only partially true.

Why do all of the major Holy books contain myths that can't possibly be true.

It would be a miracle if there weren't miracles in the Old Testament, New Testament,
the Koran and other Holy Books

I view the Old Testament, New Testament, the Koran and other Holy Books as inspirational but only partially true.

Why do all of the major Holy books contain myths that can't possibly be true?

It would be a miracle if there weren't miracles in the Old Testament, New Testament, the Koran and other Holy Books.

There are some basic truths consistent in each holy book. "Suffering is part of the human condition," may only be recognized in Buddhism, but Christianity explains we all suffer because of the original sin. The cause of suffering is not human, but the suffering itself is totally human. So there is some overlap with that one, but the Buddhists are wrong to claim just by being human you are guaranteed to suffer in life.

Who's head was severed long before Jesus' crucifiction, which shows how much people in here know scripture.

And, no Mary's virginity could NOT have survived Jesus' birth, the hymen would have to rip in the birthing process. last ex was a nurse in labor & delivery, she told me that in tact hymens are rare but not unknown.

Back
Top Bottom