• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The US Department of Justice Took Part in Organizing Protests Against Zimmerman

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The PJ Tatler » Newly Released Documents Detail the Department of Justice’s Role in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests

Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents proving that the Department of Justice played a major behind-the-scenes role in organizing protests against George Zimmerman. Zimmerman is on trial for second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in February 2012.

Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act request with the DOJ on April 24, 2012. According to the documents JW received, a little-known DOJ unit called the Community Relations Service deployed to Sanford, FL, to organize and manage rallies against Zimmerman.

If any more evidence is needed that the Obama administration has hopelessly politicized the functions of federal agencies this ought to provide it. The Community Relations Service is supposed to provide mediation services, not take sides in a criminal case.

Dammit, this is the kind of crap you'd expect of some third world communist cesspit. We are watching these evil little creeps corrupt and debase our government.

The PJ Tatler » Newly Released Documents Detail the Department of Justice’s Role in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests

If any more evidence is needed that the Obama administration has hopelessly politicized the functions of federal agencies this ought to provide it. The Community Relations Service is supposed to provide mediation services, not take sides in a criminal case.

Dammit, this is the kind of crap you'd expect of some third world communist cesspit. We are watching these evil little creeps corrupt and debase our government.

All the evidence one needed to come to this conclusion was the fact DOJ didn't file charges and make arrests when the black panthers put out a PUBLIC 10,000 dollar bounty to murder George Zimmerman.

So much for "Justice"

All the evidence one needed to come to this conclusion was the fact DOJ didn't file charges and make arrests when the black panthers put out a PUBLIC 10,000 dollar bounty to murder George Zimmerman.
They are not going after "The Illuminati" clothing brand either.

BOvUgHOCAAE4jyf.png

US DOJ Community Relations Service

The Community Relations Service (CRS), a component of the U.S. Department of Justice, is the Federal government's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. CRS was created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and is the only Federal component dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, conflicts, and civil disorders, with the intent of restoring racial stability and harmony.​

yeah, wtf were these people doing there? There is no reason that these people would be there but to stir up ****.
they probably bussed in homeless people to gin up the protest
</sarcasm>

PJ Media is notoriously erroneous

The Community Relations Service (CRS), a component of the U.S. Department of Justice, is the Federal government's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. CRS was created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and is the only Federal component dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, conflicts, and civil disorders, with the intent of restoring racial stability and harmony.​

yeah, wtf were these people doing there? There is no reason that these people would be there but to stir up ****.
</sarcasm>

As we ALL know as evidenced by recent events, government agencies ALWAYS act in the manner in which they are formed and SOLELY for the intent of their stated purpose. ........................RIGHT??? (-; <dabbing your sarcasm with mine>

I would like to see someone deposed; it doesn't have to be in front of congress but I as a tax payer want to know if my government went out of its way to create a movement for its political gain?

If an employee of our government was sent to Sanford for the purposes of organizing rally I'd like to see them come forward, ask them who directed them, and to what cause / mission.

Think this will get any kind of mention in the mainstream media?

Obama/Holder are out of control.

Better source and I'm with ya' 100%.

As we ALL know as evidenced by recent events, government agencies ALWAYS act in the manner in which they are formed and SOLELY for the intent of their stated purpose. ........................RIGHT??? (-; <dabbing your sarcasm with mine>
Examine the evidence.

There's nothing in the original documents that PJMedia provided which supports the idea that the CRS was doing anything untoward.

So what we're left with is merely PJM's unsupported assertion. If the assertion appeals to you, feel free to buy it.

I know that what I am about to post will be in vain, but...

If this is true, I can't imagine it would be much of a scandal. Government agencies often assist in managing public protests, demonstrations and other gatherings - even those that are against the government itself - simply as a means of safety. Unless the DoJ was endorsing the rallies, there isn't an issue. This story sounds like its either false or a mischaracterization of the DoJ's actions.

/waits for confirmation biased, hysterical responses

If this is true, I can't imagine it would be much of a scandal. Government agencies often assist in managing public protests, demonstrations and other gatherings - even those that are against the government itself - simply as a means of safety. Unless the DoJ was endorsing the rallies, there isn't an issue. This story sounds like its either false or a mischaracterization of the DoJ's actions./waits for confirmation biased, hysterical responses

Is this the same DoJ that was wiretapping the media and going through reporter's phone records?

Examine the evidence.

There's nothing in the original documents that PJMedia provided which supports the idea that the CRS was doing anything untoward.

So what we're left with is merely PJM's unsupported assertion. If the assertion appeals to you, feel free to buy it.

That stuff about "working marches, demonstrations and rallies" and "provide support for protest deployment" seems pretty clear. That comes from DoJ documents unless Judicial Watch is just flat out lying.

This is the most unsurprising breaking news of the day.

If this is true, I can't imagine it would be much of a scandal. Government agencies often assist in managing public protests, demonstrations and other gatherings - even those that are against the government itself - simply as a means of safety. Unless the DoJ was endorsing the rallies, there isn't an issue. This story sounds like its either false or a mischaracterization of the DoJ's actions.

/waits for confirmation biased, hysterical responses

What do you suppose the criteria are for federal involvement in a local issue like that? I mean to say that in all the protest/demostration activity, etc., that I've been around I've never seen the feds show up to help out once.

So, DoJ -> Protests -> Trial that should never have happened -> Race riots. Hummmmm...

There is the theory that the Z-M affair was ginned up to get the black vote out in 2012.

The overtly racist Obama administration is simply disgusting.

What do you suppose the criteria are for federal involvement in a local issue like that? I mean to say that in all the protest/demostration activity, etc., that I've been around I've never seen the feds show up to help out once.
First of all, how do you know that the Feds weren't there? The article you posted argues that they had a BEHIND THE SCENES role not a role that would make them visible.

Second, I just went to the site of the DoJ's Community Relations Service and it describes itself almost exactly the way I assumed it would.

The Community Relations Service is the Department's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. Created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRS is the only Federal agency dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony.

http://www.justice.gov/crs/

They were there to keep the peace - aka prevent the riots that so many white people seem so afraid of. Unless, again, somebody can demonstrate that they were ENDORSING the rally, then this story is a non-issue.

First of all, how do you know that the Feds weren't there? The article you posted argues that they had a BEHIND THE SCENES role not a role that would make them visible.

Second, I just went to the site of the DoJ's Community Relations Service and it describes itself almost exactly the way I assumed it would.

The Community Relations Service is the Department's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. Created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRS is the only Federal agency dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony.

http://www.justice.gov/crs/

They were there to keep the peace - aka prevent the riots that so many white people seem so afraid of. Unless, again, somebody can demonstrate that they were ENDORSING the rally, then this story is a non-issue.

Not surprised, Obama has always been against concealed carry... as well as gun ownership by citizens.

I would like to see someone deposed; it doesn't have to be in front of congress but I as a tax payer want to know if my government went out of its way to create a movement for its political gain?

If an employee of our government was sent to Sanford for the purposes of organizing rally I'd like to see them come forward, ask them who directed them, and to what cause / mission.

Love the thought process. Just wondering with intellectual integrity, on what basis would a "reasonable" person expect to garner truthful answers from said inquiry??? (-;

This is the most unsurprising breaking news of the day.

There is something definitely wrong with this.

DOJ sends secret “peacekeepers” where Trayvon Martin was killed

Last Updated: July 10, 2013

In response to a Florida Sunshine Law request to the City of Sanford, Judicial Watch also obtained an audio recording of a “community meeting” held at Second Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Sanford on April 19, 2012. The meeting, which opens with a gospel hymn and organ music, is reported to have led to the official ouster of Sanford’s Police Chief Bill Lee. A week earlier, a group calling themselves the “Dream Defenders” had barricaded the entrance to the police department demanding he be fired for failing to file murder charges against Zimmerman. The church meeting produced a nine-point plan, the main demand being the firing of Chief Lee.​

DOJ sends secret “peacekeepers” where Trayvon Martin was killed | Judicial Watch

</sarcasm>

no need to limit your reading to pj media

Documents Obtained by Judicial Watch Detail Role of Justice Department in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests | Judicial Watch

Well depose means they have to tell the truth or face impeachment, or I mean disbarment, or some kind of slap on the wrist if they lie.

Love the thought process. Just wondering with intellectual integrity, on what basis would a "reasonable" person expect to garner truthful answers from said inquiry??? (-;

based on the ridiculous proceedings I have seen so far, this needs some real investigation.

the more I watched this case, the more I wondered how it went to trial in the first place. It would be an outrage to find the Feds spent a dime trying to ensure a trial was had.

Back
Top Bottom