• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The US Constitution is Incapable of Dealing with Racism in America.

Your post makes my point. Rule of law; another feature of "true" democracy you left out of your definition. Such considerations, and possibly others, should be included in your definition or it is incomplete.

No, because the Nazis maltreatment of the Jews started with the infamous "Nuremburg Laws"

A true democracy will insist that the rule of law is followed and moreover that these laws are just.

No, because the Nazis maltreatment of the Jews started with the infamous "Nuremburg Laws"

A true democracy will insist that the rule of law is followed and moreover that these laws are just.
Exactly. You keep expanding your definition of 'true" democracy, as I suggested. You're learning, grasshopper. :)

But a “true” Democracy will also insist theat the ideas, emotions, screwy idea and humongous brain farts of the majority will be forced on the entire nation, without recourse.

Exactly. You keep expanding your definition of 'true" democracy, as I suggested. You're learning, grasshopper. :)

No, you do

A true democracy is an accurate reflection of the people's will, specifically no eligible person is prevented from voting/standing

All restrictions on eligibility apply to everyone.

Now where is your perceived expansion ?

But a “true” Democracy will also insist theat the ideas, emotions, screwy idea and humongous brain farts of the majority will be forced on the entire nation, without recourse.

Of course, and it's because a people just won't do that. Not that any law prevents them from doing it.

Of course, and it's because a people just won't do that. Not that any law prevents them from doing it.
“People just won’t do that”? Huh? Have you paid ANY ATTENTION lately? Rhetorical question - the answer is obvious.

No, you do

A true democracy is an accurate reflection of the people's will, specifically no eligible person is prevented from voting/standing

All restrictions on eligibility apply to everyone.

Now where is your perceived expansion ?
It wasn't my definition we were discussing. It was yours. And you keep having to expand on it, after I pointed out your shortcomings in your definition. But you improve on it every post. Eventually you'll arrive at a comprehensive definition. Inevitable., it would seem. You know they say if given enough time a monkey would type out the Bible. So there's hope for you.

Respectfully, a bunch of words on a page can't eliminate a constant feature of the human condition, i.e., racism. People sort themselves and distrust those who are different. Modern societies with a modicum of sophistication attempt to counter this, but none can just plain win and undo it. (And, of course, a bunch of modern societies don't even make the attempt ... just like a bunch of American hillbillies reject the goal and don't try either.)

It wasn't my definition we were discussing. It was yours.
And we did. We also discussed your rather muddled idea of what a "true democracy" is

And you keep having to expand on it

Nope, it's a simple, straight forward criteria
Do you need it detailed for you yet again ?

I pointed out your shortcomings in your definition.

Nope, you simply asked obtuse questions

But you improve on it every post. Eventually you'll arrive at a comprehensive definition. Inevitable., it would seem. You know they say if given enough time a monkey would type out the Bible. So there's hope for you.

And we did. We also discussed your rather muddled idea of what a "true democracy" is

Nope, you simply asked obtuse questions

Good to see your getting your ideas of what a democracy is worked out. You were soooo confused. Glad I could help. No need to thank me.

Good to see your getting your ideas of what a democracy is worked out. You were soooo confused. Glad I could help. No need to thank me.

*You are or you're

If your attempts to explain political terms can be viewed as anything, it is as a warning to others to avoid such muddled thinking.

*You are or you're

If your attempts to explain political terms can be viewed as anything, it is as a warning to others to avoid such muddled thinking.
So now the best you got is grammar Nazi? Still glad I could educate you on how to think about "true' democracy. You're learning.

So now the best you got is grammar Nazi? Still glad I could educate you on how to think about "true' democracy. You're learning.

And your best response to having your shortcomings pointed out, is to abuse others.

Your muddled thinking on democracy is about as educational as warning sign telling you what NOT to do.

And your best response to having your shortcomings pointed out, is to abuse others.

Your muddled thinking on democracy is about as educational as warning sign telling you what NOT to do.
Any idiot knows "true" (your term) democracy is more than merely free elections. I simply pointed that out to you. Sort of my way of mentoring. No need to thank me. I view it as a public service. Akin to giving a confused, misguided homeless man a roof over his head. In this case, intellectual shelter.

Any idiot knows "true" (your term) democracy is more than merely free elections.

Really, can you name one such "idiot" ?

Because really it's not

All restrictions on eligibility apply to everyone

Do you need to "expand" on this ?

I simply pointed that out to you. Sort of my way of mentoring. No need to thank me. I view it as a public service. Akin to giving a confused, misguided homeless man a roof over his head. In this case, intellectual shelter.

No, you merely exposed your ignorance on the subject

You present as much of a public service as the digestive system of birds do for parks attendants.

Now, in your own time, detail the criteria in the world-of-Waddy, to constitute a "true" democracy
(you can expand of the flaws I'll inevitably expose, in subsequent posts).

Really, can you name one such "idiot" ?

Because really it's not

Do you need to "expand" on this ?

No, you merely exposed your ignorance on the subject

You present as much of a public service as the digestive system of birds do for parks attendants.

Now, in your own time, detail the criteria in the world-of-Waddy, to constitute a "true" democracy
(you can expand of the flaws I'll inevitably expose, in subsequent posts).
More confused and senseless drivel. But you're understanding of democracy is getting better. I'm proud to have played a part in that. And yes, the 2nd Amendment does describe an individual right. I'm happy to see we both finally agree on that. It will make my educating you further on gun issues so much easier.

More confused and senseless drivel.

Nope concise and clear

If you can't understand simple English. you need to urgently attend to that

I note you dodge the challenge to name an "idiot" who knows that "true democracy is more than merely free elections."

But you're understanding of democracy is getting better. I'm proud to have played a part in that. And yes, the 2nd Amendment does describe an individual right. I'm happy to see we both finally agree on that. It will make my educating you further on gun issues so much easier.

*your
(you were talking about "meaningless drivel)

Please identify where you perceive changes have been made

Once again:

Which part do you not understand ?

Nope concise and clear

If you can't understand simple English. you need to urgently attend to that

I note you dodge the challenge to name an "idiot" who knows that "true democracy is more than merely free elections."

*your
(you were talking about "meaningless drivel)

Please identify where you perceive changes have been made

Once again:

Which part do you not understand ?
Yet more drivel. Did somebody call you an idiot? Is that why you're obsessing over it? Or is there some truth to it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yet more drivel.

No, just your inability to understand

Did somebody call you an idiot?

IDK, did you ?

Is that why you're obsessing over it? Or is there some truth to it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Because you said:

Any idiot knows "true" (your term) democracy is more than merely free elections.

So the question remains:

Can you name one such "idiot" ?

That's it.

No, just your inability to understand

IDK, did you ?

Because you said:

So the question remains:

That's it.
yet more drivel. Have you enjoyed following me down the rabbit hole this time? And are you asking me if you're an idiot? That's for you to look in the mirror and decide. I do know what most people think, though.

yet more drivel. Have you enjoyed following me down the rabbit hole this time? And are you asking me if you're an idiot? That's for you to look in the mirror and decide. I do know what most people think, though.

Say hello to Alice while you're down that rabbit hole.

(I mean you must know quite a few to make such a claim?)

That's it.

Say hello to Alice while you're down that rabbit hole.

(I mean you must know quite a few to make such a claim?)

That's it.
Say hello yourself; you're down here. Sorry, 'that's it" doesn't cut it. Democracy is more inclusive than simply voting, as I've schooled you before. Now it looks like you're regressing on me. Some lessons I do need to teach over and over, it looks like. Well, I've got patience. Some people are just slow learners. But at least I've got you to admit the 2nd Amendment is an individual right. Maybe I should be satisfied with that.

Say hello yourself; you're down here. Sorry, 'that's it" doesn't cut it. Democracy is more inclusive than simply voting, as I've schooled you before. Now it looks like you're regressing on me. Some lessons I do need to teach over and over, it looks like. Well, I've got patience. Some people are just slow learners. But at least I've got you to admit the 2nd Amendment is an individual right. Maybe I should be satisfied with that.

No thanks, I have no desire to join you and Alice...but enjoy the tea party.

Back
Top Bottom