• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The US and World War 3

braymoore

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If World War 3 suddenly broke out at the end of this year what would be the first actions of the United States? What would be the ultimate outcome for the United States when the war finally was over?

If World War 3 suddenly broke out at the end of this year what would be the first actions of the United States? What would be the ultimate outcome for the United States when the war finally was over?

Too many variables to comment, including the first one - who started it and why?

Too many variables to comment, including the first one - who started it and why?

With all the tension in the ME and the many countries that aren't fans of the United States, these various countries get together and attack Israel in the hopes that the United States will send troops to assist Israel in the attacks.

With all the tension in the ME and the many countries that aren't fans of the United States, these various countries get together and attack Israel in the hopes that the United States will send troops to assist Israel in the attacks.

America, Israel, and NATO would win and then we would start a cold war with Canada for the hell of it. :mrgreen:

Then we turn the ME into a Glass parking lot.....as a Shiny example for all the rest! ;)

If such was to happen, Israel will nuke the agressors before President Obama finishes his round of golf. There isn't a single ME country that could handle Israel and even all combined couldn't do it.

There will not be another world war unless one of China or the US initiates it, and that won't happen. No other country has the capacity and even then, the Chinese currently lack the naval power to compete on a global range.

Israel could take any country in the Middle East by itself, and could probably take any combination of countries that are hostile to the US and Israel.

For it to be a World War, there have to be theaters of war beyond the ME. Could you expand the scenario a bit? Like a Chinese attack on Taiwan (as cliched as it is), DPRK vs. ROK. Do you want Russia involved?

We've got more cold than you, so we win.

If we can beat Russia a very cold place, we can you beat you guys too and take all your pancakes.

Israel could take any country in the Middle East by itself, and could probably take any combination of countries that are hostile to the US and Israel.

For it to be a World War, there have to be theaters of war beyond the ME. Could you expand the scenario a bit? Like a Chinese attack on Taiwan (as cliched as it is), DPRK vs. ROK. Do you want Russia involved?

Okay, lets add the following. China and North Korea team up and attack South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan to overthrow their governments and make one big communist union.

Okay, lets add the following. China and North Korea team up and attack South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan to overthrow their governments and make one big communist union.

First off, poor Seoul. Presumably, the Commies have the initiative and start hostilities. I can't see them getting close to any sort of readiness without us matching, so everyone was coiled, and they sprung first. China would attack any Allied fleets off their coast with cruise missiles, DPRK would move south, and the PLAN would surge boats out a little past the coast. China's ground forces can't really do much, and they don't have the capacity to launch any major amphibious operation.

We would decimate both the Korean and Chinese air forces, get air parity, and move USPACFLT west. Korea would be a meat grinder. We'd reinforce round the clock. It'd actually be similar to a USSR vs NATO scenario. the Allies try to reinforce the ROK, and keep the SLOC open. The Commies try to deny us reinforcements, and win the only real ground war. Everything else would be naval/air oriented.

I'd say we'd win. Same reason as in a Cold War escalation scenario. Technology and firepower over pure numbers. Our advantage is even more pronounced now. At the end of 2013, it wouldn't be a contest.

10-15 years down the line, it'd be closer, or it might go the other way. I'm not informed enough to say more than that.

SETO reforms and Communism becomes what it was destine to become a footnote in history that reads " world's worst idea."

I don't believe the Chinese want war at all and they will never team up with North Korea in an agressive move. China, believe it or not, is turning out to be more capitalist now than Obama America. The Chinese are in it for the money now, they've been bitten by the bug.

I don't believe the Chinese want war at all and they will never team up with North Korea in an agressive move. China, believe it or not, is turning out to be more capitalist now than Obama America. The Chinese are in it for the money now, they've been bitten by the bug.

Yeah, in a *more realistic scenario, they'd steam roll the DPRK before we could, and they'd set up a puppet state. Communist states just love their buffers...

It depends on how many of the nuke country are too afraid to push the button. I think if WWIII broke out now it would probably not be nuclear (that would just be M.A.D.), and what ever side we were on would win. Or a sore looser would launch a nuke leading to Mutual Assured Destruction.

It depends on how many of the nuke country are too afraid to push the button. I think if WWIII broke out now it would probably not be nuclear (that would just be M.A.D.), and what ever side we were on would win. Or a sore looser would launch a nuke leading to Mutual Assured Destruction.

I also think that there would not be any nuclear warfare. If there was IMO the world would become a wasteland and very few would survive. Mostly the rich and powerful.

:2rofll:
Cn'C Obama can't even keep 3 Carrier Strike Groups at sea.

1/3 of the Air Force squadrons have been grounded. It would take over six months for the pilots to become combat proficent before they could be deployed.

The Marines and soldiers are spending more time attending diversity training than combat training.

When you allow your military to be downgraded as much as Obama has done, there's only one last option, NUKES.

First off, poor Seoul. Presumably, the Commies have the initiative and start hostilities. I can't see them getting close to any sort of readiness without us matching, so everyone was coiled, and they sprung first. China would attack any Allied fleets off their coast with cruise missiles, DPRK would move south, and the PLAN would surge boats out a little past the coast. China's ground forces can't really do much, and they don't have the capacity to launch any major amphibious operation.

We would decimate both the Korean and Chinese air forces, get air parity, and move USPACFLT west. Korea would be a meat grinder. We'd reinforce round the clock. It'd actually be similar to a USSR vs NATO scenario. the Allies try to reinforce the ROK, and keep the SLOC open. The Commies try to deny us reinforcements, and win the only real ground war. Everything else would be naval/air oriented.

I'd say we'd win. Same reason as in a Cold War escalation scenario. Technology and firepower over pure numbers. Our advantage is even more pronounced now. At the end of 2013, it wouldn't be a contest.

10-15 years down the line, it'd be closer, or it might go the other way. I'm not informed enough to say more than that.

And of course no losing side would ever resort to nuclear weapons.:lamo

And of course no losing side would ever resort to nuclear weapons.:lamo

The DPRK would, unless we removed their rather limited arsenal from play, with either an air strike, SF raid, or something of the sort.

As for China, it's unlikely they would feel pressed enough to start a nuclear war. Unless we decided to press on Macarthur-style and try to take on all of the PRC, they wouldn't feel threatened directly. Sure, they lose the war, stature, etc. But the leaders aren't going to risk their lives when they don't stand to lose them in the first place.

I don't think we'd see a WWII type end of hostilities, where both sides fight to the death. The DPRK/ROK will definitely be in that position, but the US will never be directly threatened, and the PRC wouldn't be at risk of being conquered by the Allies. We'd see a WWI ending, with the losers being forced to make reparations, and be content with diminished stature and rights on the world stage.

Back
Top Bottom