• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The US and World War 3

With all the tension in the ME and the many countries that aren't fans of the United States, these various countries get together and attack Israel in the hopes that the United States will send troops to assist Israel in the attacks.

I don't think Israel would need our help. They have their own nukes and aren't afraid to use them. Their army is highly motivated and well-trained, the best in the middle east. Soooo, I won't buy into us getting involved unless we had another cowboy in the White House.

Pick another scenario.

Okay, lets add the following. China and North Korea team up and attack South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan to overthrow their governments and make one big communist union.

Better.

Hmm at best? A draw. We'd definately lose in South Korea. But if we concentrated our navy, combined with Japan and Taiwan we could hold off the PRC and the DPRK from invasion of either or both islands. I doubt we'd use strategic nukes cuz China has ICBM capabilities too. Maybe some tactical nukes during sea battles.

In a wholly conventional war, even if we armed every US citizen we'd be outnumbered by Chinese 10 to one. Be tuff to take the land war into China. I think it would end in a standoff, with us losing South Korea but a decent chance of keeping Taiwan and Japan free.

With all the tension in the ME and the many countries that aren't fans of the United States, these various countries get together and attack Israel in the hopes that the United States will send troops to assist Israel in the attacks.

Oh, that's simple: through superior air assets we gain air supremacy, snake and nape every target of oppurtunity iwe find constantly interrupting their lines of communication. Ground forces use speed terrain tactics and firepower to close with and destroy the enemy in close quarter combat, taking advantage of military superiority of the American soldier.

Hmm at best? A draw. We'd definately lose in South Korea.

Had we continued the fighting during the first fight, we would've won a protracted war. Even China would have run out of troops to throw into the grinder. Our technological advantage is even more pronounced over the DPRK, and our advantage over China is still heavily in our favor. More importantly, today, China's public wouldn't accept losses comparable to that of the first conflict. If they're taking massive casualties, which is inevitable in any conventional conflict against the US, the Chinese people are definitely going to start protesting and rioting. Sure, State TV can report on how they're winning tremendous victories, but you can't exactly make-up for a complete lack of correspondence from soldiers, and of course, the US would probably have propaganda showing what's actually going on.

Also, apdst did a good job of explaining why each American soldier would be worth several hundred Commies.

But if we concentrated our navy, combined with Japan and Taiwan we could hold off the PRC and the DPRK from invasion of either or both islands. I doubt we'd use strategic nukes cuz China has ICBM capabilities too. Maybe some tactical nukes during sea battles.

No one would use nuclear weapons, even tactical weapons. M.A.D. Post #25.

In a wholly conventional war, even if we armed every US citizen we'd be outnumbered by Chinese 10 to one. Be tuff to take the land war into China. I think it would end in a standoff, with us losing South Korea but a decent chance of keeping Taiwan and Japan free.

China's amphibious capabilities are far too weak to invade either Japan or Taiwan, and certainly not the US. No one has the amphib capability to invade mainland China.

Israel has hundreds of nukes with lots of Jericho (I, II and III) missiles to deliver them anywhere in the middle east.

No one else in the ME has nukes.

As long as that stays as is - no country in the ME will probably ever invade Israel.

This is silly. There would not be any use of nuclear weapons in a war between the United States and its allies and a coalition of Middle Eastern states. It would be a thoroughly conventional conflict and this hypothetical coalition would be brutalized.

Israel has hundreds of nukes with lots of Jericho (I, II and III) missiles to deliver them anywhere in the middle east.

No one else in the ME has nukes.

As long as that stays as is - no country in the ME will probably ever invade Israel.

The Yom Kippur war was well after Israel developed nuclear weapons. While I see your point that Israel would use them in a last ditch effort, it's a bit ridiculous how people factor in nuclear weapons into their considerations. Even if use if any ABC weapon was practical from a military side of things, it's insane to say that China or Israel would use such weapons just because they're at war and things don't go exactly the way they want them to.

There are a lot more things considered when discussing nuclear weapons than the military aspects.

If World War 3 suddenly broke out at the end of this year what would be the first actions of the United States? What would be the ultimate outcome for the United States when the war finally was over?

WWIII has been raging for over 60 years already.

If World War 3 suddenly broke out at the end of this year what would be the first actions of the United States? What would be the ultimate outcome for the United States when the war finally was over?

Obama would wish he hadn't pushed to disarm our nukes and military that is what would happen ;)

With Obama as president, very unlikely scenario. If they weren't so busy killing each other, those idiots would know that Obama would turn a blind eye to any Muslims attacking Israel.

Obama's most likely actions, unless the US is directly attacked by actual military forces, would be to apologize to someone so he has time to figure out whose dick to suck to keep the US out of it.

The Yom Kippur war was well after Israel developed nuclear weapons. While I see your point that Israel would use them in a last ditch effort, it's a bit ridiculous how people factor in nuclear weapons into their considerations. Even if use if any ABC weapon was practical from a military side of things, it's insane to say that China or Israel would use such weapons just because they're at war and things don't go exactly the way they want them to.

There are a lot more things considered when discussing nuclear weapons than the military aspects.

I said middle eastern countries - China is not in the Middle East.

And if you are ignorant/naive enough to think that a country that does not possess nukes would try and conquer Israel - go ahead.

And Yom Kippur was different, Israel had direct U.S. backing, the other countries had Soviet backing. No way Israel would go nuclear until they had no choice...and it was getting to that point as Israel was apparently considering using nukes before America started the re-supply flights.

Now, there is no such restriction...Israel does what it pleases and pays only lip service to American wishes.

And back then, they only had tactical nukes delivered by plane...and relatively few of them.
Now they can wipe out whole countries with a push of a button.

The minute Israel determines that their country's sovereignty is in substantial doubt from an attacking country...they WILL nuke them.

Every country knows this, so there is ZERO purpose in any attmpt to conquer Israel if you don't have nukes (and even if you do unless you have an AMAZING ABM network)...unless you have a death wish.

You want to believe otherwise...guess how much I care?

Have a super day.

Last edited:
I said middle eastern countries - China is not in the Middle East.

You said, "No one else in the ME has nukes. As long as that stays as is - no country in the ME will probably ever invade Israel." Immediately prior to that, you cited the Israeli nuclear arsenal. That means you said no country in the ME would invade a nuclear Israel unless they had their own nuclear weapons.

After the Israeli's had their nuclear arsenal, and after the Six Day War, a number of Arab countries (Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq) attacked and invaded Israel. Ergo, your point is incorrect.

And if you are ignorant/naive enough to think that a country that does not possess nukes would try and conquer Israel - go ahead.

Isn't it a bit early to start resorting to personal attacks? Keep it civil.

And Yom Kippur was different, Israel had direct U.S. backing, the other countries had Soviet backing. No way Israel would go nuclear until they had no choice...and it was getting to that point as Israel was apparently considering using nukes before America started the re-supply flights.

I have a source specifically countering the claim that Israel was preparing to use nuclear weapons.

I should add, you've changed your position drastically from your earlier post from saying Israel is invasion-proof because of its nuclear arsenal to saying Israel would only use nuclear weapons if at risk of being completely overrun. Note that there is a drastic difference between a country/coalition invading and overrunning a country.

Now, there is no such restriction...Israel does what it pleases and pays only lip service to American wishes.

The same restrictions exist now that existed during the Yom Kippur War. The political fallout of using a nuclear weapon would be extremely more important than the physical fallout, and all world leaders since the advent of nuclear weapons have been aware of them.

And back then, they only had tactical nukes delivered by plane...and relatively few of them.
Now they can wipe out whole countries with a push of a button.

Referring to my earlier cited source, Israel had Jericho missiles during the Yom Kippur War.

The minute Israel determines that their country's sovereignty is in substantial doubt from an attacking country...they WILL nuke them.

Again, my source presents the possibility of an Israeli nuclear arsenal during the Six Day War. By your logic, that war would have then begun with a mushroom cloud. But it didn't, because, as I've said countless times already on this thread, nuclear weapons are not used like cruise missiles, air strikes or soldiers. There are huge considerations to take into account when considering their use, and it's ridiculous to think that any country would start a conflict with a nuclear weapon.
\

Every country knows this, so there is ZERO purpose in any attmpt to conquer Israel if you don't have nukes (and even if you do unless you have an AMAZING ABM network)...unless you have a death wish.

I agree, only a leader with a death wish for himself and his soldiers would attack Israel, but not because Israel would automatically respond with a nuclear attack.

You want to believe otherwise...guess how much I care?

Have a super day.

I'm curious, why are you so rude? Your entire post had barely concealed vulgarity, and all you've accomplished is to lose stature in my eyes, and no doubt the eyes of anyone who continues to follow this thread. If you choose to respond, I'd appreciate it if you just rebutted my points without personal attacks and the like.

You said, "No one else in the ME has nukes. As long as that stays as is - no country in the ME will probably ever invade Israel." Immediately prior to that, you cited the Israeli nuclear arsenal. That means you said no country in the ME would invade a nuclear Israel unless they had their own nuclear weapons.

After the Israeli's had their nuclear arsenal, and after the Six Day War, a number of Arab countries (Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq) attacked and invaded Israel. Ergo, your point is incorrect.

No.

That means exactly what I typed...which was in the present/future tense...not past tense.

I said 'has' not 'had'.

:rolleyes:

I did not even bother to read the rest of your post because I don't really care what you think about this subject.

CERTAINLY not enough to warrant engaging in some pointless, long-winded, multi-quote bore fest with some inflamatory, condescending acting individual who misinterprets even the most simple of statements.

And it's not like the Middle East has not been talked to death anyway.

Why you people like to debate ad naseum about endless, personal theories and thoughts about subjects you have ZERO control is beyond me.

Boredom I guess.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
No.

That means exactly what I typed...which was in the present/future tense...not past tense.

I said 'has' not 'had'.

You really don't seem to understand the point I'm making. In two situations, where Israel is nuclear capable, you're saying the latter situation would never escalate because of said nuclear capabilities. I'm explaining to you that in the former situation, there was an escalation despite the presence of nuclear weapons. Ergo, it is illogical to conclude that your hypothetical is true when there is a comparable historical example that goes against your argument.

Unless you have something in your hypothetical that distinguishes it from the historical example, your position is untenable.

I did not even bother to read the rest of your post because I don't really care what you think about this subject.

CERTAINLY not nough to warrant engaging in some pointless, long-winded, multi-quote bore fest with some inflamatory, condescending acting individual who misinterprets even the most simple statements.

Have a nice day.

It's funny how you don't care, yet you keep coming back to respond.

You really don't seem to understand the point I'm making. In two situations, where Israel is nuclear capable, you're saying the latter situation would never escalate because of said nuclear capabilities. I'm explaining to you that in the former situation, there was an escalation despite the presence of nuclear weapons. Ergo, it is illogical to conclude that your hypothetical is true when there is a comparable historical example that goes against your argument.

Unless you have something in your hypothetical that distinguishes it from the historical example, your position is untenable.

It's funny how you don't care, yet you keep coming back to respond.

Whatever.

Have a nice day.

the collapse of the eastern bloc has never been so good.

Our technological advantage is even more pronounced over the DPRK, and our advantage over China is still heavily in our favor. More importantly, today, China's public wouldn't accept losses comparable to that of the first conflict. If they're taking massive casualties, which is inevitable in any conventional conflict against the US, the Chinese people are definitely going to start protesting and rioting. Sure, State TV can report on how they're winning tremendous victories, but you can't exactly make-up for a complete lack of correspondence from soldiers, and of course, the US would probably have propaganda showing what's actually going on.

After doing some research I think I can agree with you to a point. China's active army and army reserves isn't really that much bigger than ours. Combined with North Korea, at worst we'd be facing a 2.5 to one disadvantage. If the South Koreans and the 2nd ID could hold long enough for us to get reinforcements there, I think we could actually push the Chinese out and end with our lines at the Yalu river this time.

Then with our naval advantage we could prevent any end run to either Taiwan or Japan, and also keep the Chinese from trying to land troops in Korea behind our lines.

I don't think the Chinese people have been "westernized" enough to get very disgruntled about defeats. They might even increase their support if we tried to cross the Yalu into China. I do agree that we'd end up at a stalemate, but at the Yalu, not at the pre-war 38th Parallel line.

If such was to happen, Israel will nuke the agressors before President Obama finishes his round of golf. There isn't a single ME country that could handle Israel and even all combined couldn't do it.

There will not be another world war unless one of China or the US initiates it, and that won't happen. No other country has the capacity and even then, the Chinese currently lack the naval power to compete on a global range.

Israel has not tested nukes thereby I do not think it has any. But other than China, there is also India. Also what of good old Russia?

Israel has not tested nukes thereby I do not think it has any. But other than China, there is also India. Also what of good old Russia?

You really think that India could have that much of an impact if they decided to join the war??

You really think that India could have that much of an impact if they decided to join the war??

Second largest people on earth. Highest software designers, doctors, and other specialties also. Brains and labor at one place. I do not see why it should not be considered as a factor also.

Second largest people on earth. Highest software designers, doctors, and other specialties also. Brains and labor at one place. I do not see why it should not be considered as a factor also.

But what about their military? Do they have any experience in modern warfare? You can't just have sheer brains and expect to win. You also have to have physical force and good ground training.

Not even the cockroaches?

Surely, you wouldn't forget them, would you?

I actually thought about them, but decided not to mention them or the rats in the sewers this time.

"I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~ Albert Einstein.

Back
Top Bottom