• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The Unvaccinated Are Looking Smarter Every Week"

Do they?

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if we had a way to induce an immune response without actually infecting someone with COVID, potentially risking their life. Oh yeah, it's called a vaccine.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if we had a way to induce an immune response without actually infecting someone with COVID, potentially risking their life. Oh yeah, it's called a vaccine.
Yea, I got one of them too, but I'm just citing a study that says natural immunity works and apparently better than vaccines. For those not in the compromised category that's good news.

Yea, I got one of them too, but I'm just citing a study that says natural immunity works and apparently better than vaccines. For those not in the compromised category that's good news.
Natural immunity is definitely a good thing. But catching the coronavirus isn't a defense against catching the coronavirus.

Do they?

the nearly 750,000 dead people and millions more with serious cases, ICU, long covid, etc. do not agree that getting COVID is the best and most reliable defense against COVID, cause they are now DEAD thanks to COVID. That's a helluva side effect....

Natural immunity is definitely a good thing. But catching the coronavirus isn't a defense against catching the coronavirus.
It helps though from reinfections especially if all you experienced was mild or no symptoms on your first rodeo ride.

the nearly 750,000 dead people and millions more with serious cases, ICU, long covid, etc. do not agree that getting COVID is the best and most reliable defense against COVID, cause they are now DEAD thanks to COVID. That's a helluva side effect....
Well, thanks to you, I came across my cited study and it seems natural immunity isn't something to sneeze at (no pun intended).

Everybody dies if you live in fear of the inevitable than you're not really living you just waiting around to die.
Do you wear your seat belt? Avoid smoking, driving drunk? Do you try to eat healthy? Do you look before you cross a road? Do you have other vaccinations? All preventative measures to keep you healthy and alive. Not hard at all to do, none of them indicative of you being a fearful person.

Well, thanks to you, I came across my cited study and it seems natural immunity isn't something to sneeze at (no pun intended).
It's fine, but getting COVID to protect against COVID was a losing strategy for all the dead people.....
Everybody dies if you live in fear of the inevitable than you're not really living you just waiting around to die.
I think the point is the very safe vaccine all but removes the 'inevitable' part as far as risk of death from COVID goes. It's about like not driving drunk - doesn't mean you live in fear, just that you take the obvious steps not to invite death. And not driving drunk helps keep you from killing someone else on your way out, like taking a vaccine helps prevent that as well...

Every day at work I watch unvaccinated Americans slowly dying in their ICU beds, with tubes shoved down their throats, and their families crying outside the doors.
chances are that most probably happened before coven I remember people dying before covid
As far as I'm concerned, every single person who helps to spread anti-vaccine propaganda bears partial responsibility for their deaths.
There wouldn't be any anti-vaccine propaganda for sentiment if almost everyone promoting it wasn't being is absolutely dishonest as they possibly could be.

Also you should be angry with the government for trying to become our physician or for trying to mandate such a thing.

Do you wear your seat belt?
a seatbelt actually protects me from a real danger.

Again I've already had covid and I already know it's not dangerous. And let's also not forget the statistics.

All preventative measures to keep you healthy and alive. Not hard at all to do, none of them indicative of you being a fearful person.
I'm not the one saying how useless the vaccine is that's you people.

It's fine, but getting COVID to protect against COVID was a losing strategy for all the dead people.....
most of them probably didn't die from covid.
I think the point is the very safe vaccine all but removes the 'inevitable' part as far as risk of death from COVID goes.
that's why I don't advocate against taking the vaccine if you need it.

The thing is though is that I don't think anyone intentionally wants to get infected. Many don't see it as a big deal if they do.
I think the point is the very safe vaccine all but removes the 'inevitable' part as far as risk of death from COVID goes. It's about like not driving drunk - doesn't mean you live in fear, just that you take the obvious steps not to invite death. And not driving drunk helps keep you from killing someone else on your way out, like taking a vaccine helps prevent that as well...

most of them probably didn't die from covid.
Well, yeah, so what? No one knows until they get it whether they'll have a mild, serious, or deadly case. You can weigh the odds, I guess, but the most recent surge got a lot of people who I'm sure thought they were safe, and are dead, or spent weeks in hospital and ICU.
that's why I don't advocate against taking the vaccine if you need it.
Kind of like saying, in my view, it's OK to drive drunk if in your opinion you're a good drunk driver. Few of them die on a given night, so why not test the odds and drive drunk. You'll probably be fine! You don't think you "need" to be sober to get home safely, so don't worry about those 10 beers.

Last edited:
The thing is though is that I don't think anyone intentionally wants to get infected. Many don't see it as a big deal if they do.
Sure, it's not a big deal until they are sitting in the hospital and their kids are about to lose a parent.

A friend of ours lost TWO of her family - a nephew and first cousin, in the last month. One in his 30s, the other in her early 40s. Both in good health, they thought, both with kids, both now left single parent spouses because they didn't think THEY were at risk. It's tragic because the deaths were so easily avoidable.

If taking Tylenol killed one of 300 or something (the risk of death for a 35 year old, roughly), would you take it? Of course not, but in this 'narrative' we think nothing of assuming similar risks of getting COVID. Sure, 299 didn't die, but that 1 did, needlessly, knowing the risk, took it for a sore back anyway, could have taken aspirin, left 3 kids motherless.......

b. But I do think that saying this is the pandemic of the unvaccinated may need rethinking.
Why don't you tell that to my cousin Brian? He turned 50 on Friday. He spent his 50th birthday in the ICU hooked up to a ventilator. He was no vaccinated.

90% of the deaths from COVID-19 over the last month have been people who were not vaccinated.

It all depends on each individual's situation and their risk assessment at catching COVID and severity of the symptoms.
My 28 year old daughter caught COVID, wasn't vaccinated, and she said that her symptoms weren't any worse than her seasonal allergies.
After a week it cleared up. I guess she ate enough dirt while she was going up to have a well developed immune system 🤷‍♂️

Well, yeah, so what? No one knows until they get it whether they'll have a mild, serious, or deadly case.
the chances are extremely great that they'll have a mild case or a case with no symptoms at all.

The more you try to fear monger the less credibility you have.
You can weigh the odds, I guess, but the most recent surge got a lot of people who I'm sure thought they were safe, and are dead, or spent weeks in hospital and ICU.
the more you try to fear monger the less credibility you have.
Kind of like saying, in my view, it's OK to drive drunk if in your opinion you're a good drunk driver.
this analogy would only work if the statistics showed that 99.8% of people who were in a collision with a drunk driver suffered no ill effects.

The more you try to fear monger the less credibility you have
Few of them die on a given night, so why not test the odds and drive drunk.
the same reason I don't run around the licking door handles. Taking precautions other than the vaccine works.

Works for me every cold and flu season. Maybe it's magic.

the chances are extremely great that they'll have a mild case or a case with no symptoms at all.
Who is "they?" About 1 in 100 in my area, 45-64 are dead after COVID, nearly 3% hospitalized. Is that 'extremely great' chance at a mild case? Wouldn't be if that was the odd of death of taking cough medicine.... you'd cough for a month at that risk. Honey, only 1 in 33 go to the hospital taking this medicine - if's fine. And if hospitalized, 2 of us won't die!
The more you try to fear monger the less credibility you have.
the more you try to fear monger the less credibility you have.
this analogy would only work if the statistics showed that 99.8% of people who were in a collision with a drunk driver suffered no ill effects.
The point is I'm sure that the odds of not dying while drunk driving are far better than the odds of dying of COVID, but you wouldn't recommend it, right? You put yourself and others at NEEDLESS risk.
The more you try to fear monger the less credibility you have
the same reason I don't run around the licking door handles. Taking precautions other than the vaccine works.

Works for me every cold and flu season. Maybe it's magic.
Didn't work for the dead or hospitalized.

Who is "they?" About 1 in 100 in my area, 45-64 are dead after COVID, nearly 3% hospitalized. Is that 'extremely great' chance at a mild case? Wouldn't be if that was the odd of death of taking cough medicine.... you'd cough for a month at that risk. Honey, only 1 in 33 go to the hospital taking this medicine - if's fine. And if hospitalized, 2 of us won't die!
huh what do white people are so frail in your area.
The point is I'm sure that the odds of not dying while drunk driving are far better than the odds of dying of COVID, but you wouldn't recommend it, right? You put yourself and others at NEEDLESS risk.
your analogy is broken. Drinking and driving would be an act that I'm doing in order to increase my odds of injury or death behind the wheel.

If I was saying that it was okay to run around and look door knobs and French kiss random people that would be analogous to drinking and driving.

Getting the vaccine would be like joining AA in order to avoid drinking and driving it's unnecessary I don't have to join the AA in order not to drink and drive.

I'm not engaging in Behavior it's not that I'm engaging in risky Behavior.
Didn't work for the dead or hospitalized.
fear mongering still doesn't work. I've been inoculated from your bullshit with something known as the truth.

You might as well be warning me about sailing off the edge of the Earth.

It all depends on each individual's situation and their risk assessment at catching COVID and severity of the symptoms.
My 28 year old daughter caught COVID, wasn't vaccinated, and she said that her symptoms weren't any worse than her seasonal allergies.
After a week it cleared up. I guess she ate enough dirt while she was going up to have a well developed immune system 🤷‍♂️
I hear of many cases like your daughter. The stats seem to suggest the majority of people infected are just like her. For all I know I could have already been infected. People have to remember there was a time before the pandemic that people were getting infected and didn't even know it. Many probably just thought they had the flu. Nowadays if you have the sniffles people automatically assume it's covid. Did the flu and colds suddenly disappear?

I hear of many cases like your daughter. The stats seem to suggest the majority of people infected are just like her. For all I know I could have already been infected. People have to remember there was a time before the pandemic that people were getting infected and didn't even know it. Many probably just thought they had the flu. Nowadays if you have the sniffles people automatically assume it's covid. Did the flu and colds suddenly disappear?
Such is the reaction when COVID panic and fear are sold a 'leadership' from the White House on down, by those who want to use that for political control . . . of just about everything and everyone.

Such is the reaction when COVID panic and fear are sold a 'leadership' from the White House on down, by those who want to use that for political control . . . of just about everything and everyone.
I hear once you get the taste of power it's hard to let it go. This has been an example of what absolute power can do. Comply or have your life destroyed. Of course the counter argument is that's the choice the antivaxxers are making.

huh what do white people are so frail in your area.
I'm just telling you the stats, and pointing out that it's now wise to ignore risk levels that we wouldn't dream of taking in about 1,000 other contexts.
your analogy is broken. Drinking and driving would be an act that I'm doing in order to increase my odds of injury or death behind the wheel.
So's not getting vaccinated, when Delta is the most contagious pathogen most of us have ever seen.
If I was saying that it was okay to run around and look door knobs and French kiss random people that would be analogous to drinking and driving.
But it doesn't take that to get COVID, especially with Delta. Have dinner with the wrong person, and he might infect the entire table.
fear mongering still doesn't work. I've been inoculated from your bullshit with something known as the truth.
What have I said that isn't true? It's basic statistics. What is illustrative is how really incompetent we human beings are at assessing risk. We hear about something on apples or lettuce or hamburger that might kill 1 in 1,000,000, seriously sicken not even 1 in 100,000, and we recall millions worth of product. We wear seatbelts to protect against a risk that's trivial for any one of us, buy safe cars to protect the kids, dutifully buckle them in car seats, etc. Get vaccinated against COVID - 1 in 100 or 2 in 1,000? HELL NO!! I'm not going to LIVE IN FEAR! Kids might lose their parent? FREEDOM!!!

FWIW, I've run out of ****s to give about the unvaccinated dying and in the hospital. I only care about who they're leaving behind, and the bills we'll all pay because they are 1) obviously terrible at assessing risk, and so are 2) stupid, selfish, or both.

Last edited:
You mean this article?

Eta:There are a lot of links cited in the article. It will require some time to work through them, but probably worth the effort if one wants to be better informed.
Read it and its citations.
Its bunk. The citations either don;t say what the author thinks they do. For example.. the author states that vaccinated and unvaccinated are equally likely to catch and spread covid.
But this is not true.
The author appears to misinterpret that ONCE a vaccinated person has a breath through infection.. the viral load in the respiratory and oral cavity is the same as an unvaccinated.. person means that they unvaccinated and vaccinated are equally able to spread it.

First.. those who are vaccinated are less likely to contract Covid..including the delta variant (though the delta is more likely to" breakthough")

Second for those that get a break through infection:

Previous studies have found that people infected with Delta have roughly the same levels of viral genetic materials in their noses regardless of whether they’d previously been vaccinated, suggesting that vaccinated and unvaccinated people might be equally infectious2. But studies also suggest that vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus if they subsequently catch Delta: their levels of nasal virus drop faster than do those of unvaccinated infected people, and their nasal swabs contain smaller amounts of infectious virus3,4
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02689-y

Honestly folks.. this article is bunk.

Back
Top Bottom