• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The United States is the Greatest Country in the World. Why don't you think so?

Greatest Country in the World

• United States

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • United Kingdom

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Western European countries/ either France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nordic countries / either Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • South Korea

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Canada

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • All hail China

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Nothing to do with patriotism and everything to do with self interest. Thank God there are 23 states that will still stand against the killing of the unborn for self interest.
Canada is the best country in the world. There are no laws about abortion in Canada.

You don't know that. But men don't get pregnant, do they? Women do. That will never change. Trans rights won't change it. Gay rights won't change it. Only women will ever know the blessing of carrying a child for the duration of pregnancy. Only women will know the blessing of nursing a newborn baby. Only women will ever experience what it is to feel an unborn within their belly. Only women.
And only women, poor women mostly, will feel the desperation of knowing that the fetus they carry, if born will destroy the physical, psychological and financial stability of their family, harm the already born children, her partner and probably the grandparents by putting the family into deep poverty with no chance of ever getting out.

And only sanctimonious prigs with IQs equivalent to jelly fish think they have a right to tell women how they should manage their sexual and reproductive lives so they follow the rules of some misbegotten mega-church preacher that molests the choir members in-between bible thumping sermons about morality.

Every evangelical or Catholic male needs to look at what is actually going on behind the rood screen before they start lecturing women about morality.

And
Canada is the best country in the world. There are no laws about abortion in Canada.
And in your view that’s good. Your view says a lot about you and your country. I’ve met some Canadians, expats, now I know why they left. Progressivism is a disease.

And

And in your view that’s good. Your view says a lot about you and your country. I’ve met some Canadians, expats, now I know why they left. Progressivism is a disease.
And your view doesn't? LMAO

And only women, poor women mostly, will feel the desperation of knowing that the fetus they carry, if born will destroy the physical, psychological and financial stability of their family, harm the already born children, her partner and probably the grandparents by putting the family into deep poverty with no chance of ever getting out.

And only sanctimonious prigs with IQs equivalent to jelly fish think they have a right to tell women how they should manage their sexual and reproductive lives so they follow the rules of some misbegotten mega-church preacher that molests the choir members in-between bible thumping sermons about morality.

Every evangelical or Catholic male needs to look at what is actually going on behind the rood screen before they start lecturing women about morality.
Lol. But you have no problem with lecturing others. Hypocrisy is the main driver of progressives. You’re just noisesome. That means you’re a tinkling cymbal. Sounding brass. Hot air.

Only women will ever know the blessing of carrying a child for the duration of pregnancy. Only women will know the blessing of nursing a newborn baby. Only women will ever experience what it is to feel an unborn within their belly. Only women.
Some women might consider it a curse.

Isn't it nice to see how Canadians, Mexicans, and Americans can have a friendly conversation about whose nation is better.?
And it seems to stem from opinions about abortion.

Lol. But you have no problem with lecturing others. Hypocrisy is the main driver of progressives. You’re just noisesome. That means you’re a tinkling cymbal. Sounding brass. Hot air.
No, what "noisome" means is "smelly" rather than "making a lot of noise."

And

Lots of American ex-pats where I live, too. Can you guess why they left?

You don't know that. But men don't get pregnant, do they? Women do. That will never change. Trans rights won't change it. Gay rights won't change it. Only women will ever know the blessing of carrying a child for the duration of pregnancy. Only women will know the blessing of nursing a newborn baby. Only women will ever experience what it is to feel an unborn within their belly. Only women.
Many may not view it as a blessing. To be clear, I view abortion as wrong - I just also view it as the lesser of two evils, and not my business anyway.

Only women will ever know. . . only if they live through it, have enough money to feed and house and clothe it, have sufficient health care for it to live a full life, etc. Not all US women, a good portion of them living in those 23 states, have all that.

The goal of my post is to gather an understanding as to why so many individual on this site believe that the United States is not the greatest country in the world now, and throughout its existence.
To me the United States is the best country an individual could live in since the Mayflower in 1609.

I honestly don't get why people think that other countries are better than the United States.
-If it is not the best country to live in, than what country is better? And why don't you live there instead?

The only think I can think of as to why people think other countries are better than United States is if you personally prefer a more predictable life with more certainties which created a sense of stability. You prefer moderation and comfortability guaranteed by the state. You like that your life is less unpredictable and you prefer equity than equality of opportunity. You think that the state should care for the better of the majority and not the individual, you would rather the state take care of us instead of employing people with agency to make decisions on their own.
You can live as you want here more so than any other country in the world, and I don't see why you wouldn't want that.

Essentially, I believe that the ultimate purpose of life is to have freedom over your person and life, the ability to create a life you want.

The United States has its large share of atrocities and evil deeds, thought it doesn't erase the overwhelming good we have brought the world. The United States set the precedent for democracy and spread it around the world. The US fundamentally changed the structure of governments worldwide.

Here is a list of the best countries in the world based on "quality of life" or I see it "certainty towards basic needs, mostly healthcare"
These list base the quality of life on equity of the society not the access to opportunity, which is wrong in my opinion. You can have everything you need and be terribly unfulfilled and bored.

RankCountryScore
1Finland99.06
2Denmark98.13
3Norway96.75
4Belgium96.53
5Sweden96.15
6Switzerland94.4
7Netherlands93.69
8France92.08
9Germany91.26
10Japan91.23
11United Kingdom90.68
12Canada90.3
13South Korea89.67
14United States89.11
15Taiwan88.73
16Austria88.52
17Australia88.23
18Ireland87.76
19Singapore87.64
Of course today's younger generation wants a more predictable and stable life. Look at what they have grown up with: 9/11, Iraq War, financial crisis, threat of another financial crisis, school shooting. Mass shootings, January 6th, a 50% divorce rate, inflation, risk of Social Security becoming insolvent, constant debt ceiling arguing, hell the 2020 First Presidential Debate... should I go on?

I don't blame today's younger generation for feeling the way they do.

Last edited:
Many would like too, but are unable too for financial, career or family reasons.
So I guess you are really sad being locked into the greatest nation in the world where tens of millions of foreigner would love to enter - legally or not.
Greatest at what? Greed? Imprisoning people? Terrorism and war mongering? Hypocrisy? Poverty rates for such a weatlhy country? greatest amount of drug addicts?

Overwhelmingly good? We murder and destroy, have done that for decades. We lead to industrialized world in prison rate up there with some really shithole country. The entire history of the US is rife with ****ed up shit, America being so great is fake bullshit American say to try and hide all the shit.
No one is chaining you to a lamp post preventing you from leaving are they? Millions want to get into this country any way they can and disloyal whiners like you are bitching because you are stuck here.
You need a Ukrainian pen pal to tell your problems to.
Or maybe someone from Sudan will listen to how much you dislike America.

I don't preach morality from a church where the priests and the preachers are getting indicted for rape, pedophilia, and soliciting. I don' belong to a church where the anti-abortion women pray at clinics and then use the same clinics to get abortions for their daughters. I don't talk big about stopping abortion and then vote for politicians that refuse to provide effective contraceptives to the women that can't afford them. Let's look around for a real hypocrite. Oh, there you are, tinkling on your cymbal.

Only women will ever know. . . only if they live through it, have enough money to feed and house and clothe it, have sufficient health care for it to live a full life, etc. Not all US women, a good portion of them living in those 23 states, have all that.
Funny how all of these generations have survived without abortion. Life goes on even when the abortion zealots expend all their energy in the effort to kill the unborn.

Funny how all of these generations have survived without abortion. Life goes on even when the abortion zealots expend all their energy in the effort to kill the unborn.
Survived is the correct word. Speaks nothing about quality of life. And it doesn't show how many women actually survived childbirth. Or dying before their time due to having to care for 12 children without a break. One of my aunts died in childbirth. I almost died after giving birth to my second child and later found out that was what happened to me the first time, also. Didn't know about that as I was not conscious when my child was born and then women were seen as such delicate creatures that no one actually educated us about sex and reproduction so no one told me what happened. And, being ignorant, I thought the treatment I received, post-childbirth, was normal and part of giving birth.

So, leave us alone when lecturing about the past. You have no clue what being a woman is like and obviously, don't care what we have to go through.

Last edited:
Funny? What's funny is a conservative male telling women how to live their lives so they suit his God. Survival? Women do that by not listening to men that insist their religious dogma takes precedence over their lives and their families.

I'm going to make a suggestion that will improve your personal happiness: Make sure the women that worship your God never abort, carry every pregnancy to term and when you have mastered that skill, then, only then can you start lecturing the rest of the mothers of the world about your God's demands. Until you can manage your own women you don't have the skills, knowledge, experience, aptitude, leadership or charisma to tell all of woman-kind that you and your God have rules they have to follow.

For something like "greatest ever..."

You need to first give your criteria for basing such a view on.

South Africa might be regarded as the greatest country in the world because of its pleasant climate.

Or the British STEN gun was the greatest sub-machine gun of WWII, because it was the cheapest.

Back
Top Bottom