• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The United States and Star Wars

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
One of my favorite movie series was Star Wars especially episode IV. Watching this movie series about a band of freedom fighters fighting a Galactic Empire that was dictatorial, yet had many of it's citizens believing they are part of a free republic. The premise of the Empire was interesting. They maintained controlled by lies and tricking their people into believing they were free when in fact they were not. When citizens began to see through the lies, the empire destroyed them in the most criminal, ruthless way which at times generated more enemies to where a band of freedom fighters called the Rebel Alliance began to fight back against the Empire and it's lies.

The Galatic Empire in Star Wars reminds me of the United States today. The US government has tricked it's people into believing they have true freedom when in fact they do not. And like the Galatic Empire in Star Wars, the US has committed terrible war crimes against other people while keeping it's own people in the dark. It is spectatcular achievement of propaganda by the US government and the rich people who control the government and the media.

At one time, America had respect. It had some real freedoms. Now, however, the US has transformed into this empire that their forefathers fought against in 1776. It has turned into the Evil Galactic Empire that we watched in the Star Wars movies. The US lies it's people into wars for stupid reasons for oil and profit. The US also keeps it's people in the dark about the millions of citizens who have died at the hands of their government. It has become the "Evil Empire" that Reagan spoke about when referring to the Soviet Union. When will America be a true free nation again?

TimmyBoy said:
The Galatic Empire in Star Wars reminds me of the United States today. The US government has tricked it's people into believing they have true freedom when in fact they do not. And like the Galatic Empire in Star Wars, the US has committed terrible war crimes against other people while keeping it's own people in the dark. It is spectatcular achievement of propaganda by the US government and the rich people who control the government and the media.
Propaganda is done by the wealthy of both sides of the fence. But you are welcome to change your country of origin, why are you complaining again?
The US lies it's people into wars for stupid reasons for oil and profit.
And this isn't propaganda? Yea Right? You keep telling yourself that?
The US also keeps it's people in the dark about the millions of citizens who have died at the hands of their government.
It is mostly a media problem, not the governments. You can find the numbers on the Internet? Are you too lazy to find them for yourself?
It has become the "Evil Empire" that Reagan spoke about when referring to the Soviet Union. When will America be a true free nation again?
Again with the propaganda? Do you have any other debating skills?

stsburns said:
Propaganda is done by the wealthy of both sides of the fence. But you are welcome to change your country of origin, why are you complaining again?
And this isn't propaganda? Yea Right? You keep telling yourself that?
It is mostly a media problem, not the governments. You can find the numbers on the Internet? Are you too lazy to find them for yourself?
Again with the propaganda? Do you have any other debating skills?

You can't call truth "propaganda" buddy. If you want to fall in line with the rest of the empire and the storm troopers then be my guest. I am not falling into line with you. You might try that trick on other people but that trick isn't going to work on me. Their is so much proof out their showing this war is for oil it is pathetic. I served in the United States Army in Bosnia, and I'll tell you with 100% certainty the US government lied to you and told you BS about what happenned in that country. This case is no different here with Iraq. Their are so many dictatorships out their that breed or support terrorists that are far worse than Iraq, that it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for the US to invade Iraq first if the goal was spreading democracy and freedom and fighting terror. So many CIA experts and analysts on terrorism and Bush all but IGNORED these professionals, because this was a war for oil all along. You can believe what you want to believe and you can call the truth propaganda, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is still the truth.

TimmyBoy said:
stsburns said:
You can't call truth "propaganda" buddy. If you want to fall in line with the rest of the empire and the storm troopers then be my guest. I am not falling into line with you. You might try that trick on other people but that trick isn't going to work on me. Their is so much proof out their showing this war is for oil it is pathetic. I served in the United States Army in Bosnia, and I'll tell you with 100% certainty the US government lied to you and told you BS about what happenned in that country. This case is no different here with Iraq. Their are so many dictatorships out their that breed or support terrorists that are far worse than Iraq, that it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for the US to invade Iraq first if the goal was spreading democracy and freedom and fighting terror. So many CIA experts and analysts on terrorism and Bush all but IGNORED these professionals, because this was a war for oil all along. You can believe what you want to believe and you can call the truth propaganda, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is still the truth.
Let's talk like this is business to invade Iraq. Where is our cut of the oil hmm...? More supply would drive the price down? Have an answer for that one?

Dude, just because the oil price isn't going down doesn't mean we aren't using the oil in Iraq.

But anyways, your right about propaganda. It can be used for both sides but the fact is that propaganda is the way in which Bush rallied supporters after 9.11 and was able to take advantage of the fact that americans were on his side so they can do whatever they want.

President Bush did one good thing his whole time in office. The one great thing he does was to pick the country up after 9/11. But unfortunately once he picked them up and the american people were on his side, he used that to his political advantage. He really is a disgrace.

FinnMacCool said:
Dude, just because the oil price isn't going down doesn't mean we aren't using the oil in Iraq.

But anyways, your right about propaganda. It can be used for both sides but the fact is that propaganda is the way in which Bush rallied supporters after 9.11 and was able to take advantage of the fact that americans were on his side so they can do whatever they want.

President Bush did one good thing his whole time in office. The one great thing he does was to pick the country up after 9/11. But unfortunately once he picked them up and the american people were on his side, he used that to his political advantage. He really is a disgrace.
We would have cheaper prices if we had more oil, because then we would be forced to build more refineries to process the oil, thus more processed oil. In a Capitalist society the price should steadily go down, which will make gas and other by products cheaper, because we have a steady source of oil. I hope this makes my point a little better?

That still doesn't prove anything. Ask Gysgt, who is a marine, why we are in Iraq. He'll tell you among other reasons, that we are there for oil. Just because we aren't receiving any doesn't mean anything.

Show me da money!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom