• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

tHe uLtiMatE gOd mAsCuLiNiTy tHrEaD

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
this question is for those who seriously beilve that God IS MALE, whether you are atheist and think that people think that God is male, or if you are religious and think that God is male:

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GOD IS MALE??? Im just wondering and building up my mind in this subject.

i believe in tranquility said:
this question is for those who seriously beilve that God IS MALE, whether you are atheist and think that people think that God is male, or if you are religious and think that God is male:

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GOD IS MALE??? Im just wondering and building up my mind in this subject.
Hmmm... God The Father as He is so often refered to throughout the bible, old and new. A strong clue. Also "The LORD He is God".
However, there are some who speculate that since God made man in his own image and later created woman from out of man He is both then male and female... More plausible I suspect to the transexuals and the likes:lol:

God is perceived as male because Christianity itself is based on sexism towards females. Women are inferior so naturally God cannot be a woman.

Personally I believe god is how you perceive it. I may see god as this shining light, someone else might god as a bearded old man, and another might see god as a beautiful woman. In the end if what leads us to this vision of god is good and pure then i think we are all seeing the same being, just in a light that is most comfortable with ourselves.

Gibberish said:
God is perceived as male because Christianity itself is based on sexism towards females. Women are inferior so naturally God cannot be a woman.
Simply not accurate in accordance to what is True Christianity...
Galatians 3:26-29
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

kk well i just want to say that God is niether MALE NOR FEMALE. God has no gender.

kk well i just want to say that God is niether MALE NOR FEMALE. God has no gender.
Then you have seen Him/Her/It .?.?.?

have u, apostle?
You answer a question with a question... The same... How original.
I know this kiddy game so let us play... I asked first.

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GOD IS MALE???

I don't know, in order for me to speculate on this subject, a god would have to be proven to exist. If you mean, the Chrisitian god of the bible, I say it must be male, as he shows blatant favoritism towards males. Throughout the OT, women were considered second-class citizens, I highly doubt this "god" fellow would want to associate with that crowd.

i need proof please that God IS in fact MALE.

Well god created man first (that shows he favors man over women), then fashioned a rib out of Adam to create a suitable helper for him. God is constantly referred to as he in the bible. According to this "god", any woman who damages a man's testicles, her hand must be cutt off. A woman who is raped, must marry her raper, god punishes Eve and all the women after her with the pains of labor, in the last days of earth, god will make things hard on pregnant women, and even Paul shows sexism, he says if a woman refuses to cover her head in church, then her head must be shaved? I don't think god would show this blatant aggression towards women if this entity were one.

thank you kal,

ive been doing a critial analysis of God's gender and Genesis, and I ran into a pack of mormons on religousforums.com while doing so, ill give u the link and my mot important post:

Back to Genesis 1:27 and the first creation story.

The translation of this verse in Hebrew (English style) is:

wayyibra elohim eth-naadam btsalmo btselem elohim bara otho zacar unqebah bara otham (pronounciation is obviously completely different: b's and v's are different..so on).

so as been stated before (a few pages ago or something like that), the literal translation of this passage from the hebrew bible is:

and created, god, the human in image; in image of god created him; male and female created them.

Now obviously in English this makes no sense. So for starters lets i'll add congugations to help describe what is here.

and (3rd person masculine singular) created, god, the human, in image (3rd person masculine singular possesive suffix); in image of god (3rd person masculine singular) created him; male and female (3rd person masculine singular) created them.

god: masculine plural but treated as masculine singular
human: masculine singular
him: 3rd masculine singular
them: 3rd masculine plural

NOW WHEN TRANSLATING THIS TEXT INTO ENGLISH, THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION TO MAKE GRAMMATICAL SENSE IS TO REPLACE THAT (3rd person masculine singular) WITH "he". NOTE: the WORD "HE" in Hebrew is:
הוּ
English would be like so: Hu

THIS WORD IS NOT In THIS PASSAGE OF THE BIBLE, THEREFORE we can assert that when we read Genisis 1:27- So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Take out the he/his and you get no gender. THAT IS WHY I SAY THAT GOD HAS NO GENDER.
-----------------------------
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26899&page=10&pp=10

ok. No i have not seen my creator. your turn. Have u?
God The Father...Yes
God The Son... Absolutely
God The Spirit... Unmistakably
It is your privilege, not mine alone, not me only;

John 6:40 Will of God: "every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life.
"John 14:21 "he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will manifest myself to him."
Matt. 5:8 (3 Ne. 12:8) the pure in heart shall see God
Matt. 11:27 "and no man knoweth the Son but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son and they whom the Son will reveal himself; they shall see the Father also."
Gen. 12:7 Lord appeared unto Abraham
Heb. 12:14 "follow peace and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."
Daniel 10:5,6 Daniel sees the Lord; describes his appearance.
Ezek. 1:1 Ezekiel sees "visions of God."
Acts 7:55 Stephen sees "God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God."
Gen. 26:2 Isaac sees the Lord.
Gen. 28:13 Jacob sees the Lord in a dream.

There are many more scriptures pertaining to this... And yet those of us who have accomplished this by way of prayer, diligence, and all manner of sanctification, are commonly regarded as heretics both within and without the church. Whereby, many are silent/silenced.
I am not so concerned of them that say they've seen God... Rather, them that have not.

Wait......are you actually claiming to have seen God?

tecoyah said:
Wait......are you actually claiming to have seen God?
It is not always easy... Being truthful.
It is fine... As I don't expect anyone here to believe me.
Doesn't change the fact.
Matthew 10:32-33 Amp.
Therefore, everyone who acknowledges Me before men and confesses Me out of a state of oneness with Me, I will also acknowledge him before My Father Who is in heaven and confess that I am abiding in him.
But whoever denies and disowns Me before men, I also will deny and disown him before My Father Who is in heaven.

So what color is god? Is God male or female?...since you have first hand experince.

So what color is god? Is God male or female?...since you have first hand experince.
Awww... Do I detect a note of unbelief midst your sarcasm..?
I am not at liberty to say... My quest was/is personal, as so should yours be. There are many who choose not this endeavor, whether in the faith, or not. It is key to purify your heart and bring your flesh into submission (prayer/fasting/obediance/patience)... Otherwise, known as walking in the Spirit, all the while considering the consequences of this, these very scriptures:
Luke 12 (New King James Version)
And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

If you think about, we do not know for certain whether god's a male of female, just what the bible tells us. And it has gone through so many translations, that it's far from the word of god anymore. The authors of the bible could have been gender bias, that could be why god is portrayed as a "he", in all reality, the "he" could be a "she" or an "it".

kal-el said:
If you think about, we do not know for certain whether god's a male of female, just what the bible tells us. And it has gone through so many translations, that it's far from the word of god anymore. The authors of the bible could have been gender bias, that could be why god is portrayed as a "he", in all reality, the "he" could be a "she" or an "it".
Jesus tells us in John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (KJV)
Are spirits without gender... I should tend to think not. Some are even described as animals and insects which are also gendered by nature. The scriptures within themselves are said to be God breathed. Inspired/spoken by God, written through the hands and personalities of men. A dictation if you will.
You raise a good and plausible point. Except that if God wrote/handed down His word to men. Yet the bible tells us even elsewhere "That He watches over his word"... ?

Apostle13 said:
Jesus tells us in John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (KJV)
Are spirits without gender... I should tend to think not. Some are even described as animals and insects which are also gendered by nature. The scriptures within themselves are said to be God breathed. Inspired/spoken by God, written through the hands and personalities of men. A dictation if you will.
You raise a good and plausible point. Except that if God wrote/handed down His word to men. Yet the bible tells us even elsewhere "That He watches over his word"... ?

Yes, but it could very well have once been the word of a perfect god, but his word has been perverted, and misconstrued many times over by many different men, and the bible is most likely far from it's original version. For a proof that it's not perfect, one could take a verse to suit their needs, but another can always find a contradicting verse. A perfect god would not leave his word perverted, and up for intepretation like so.

apostle..i was seriously asking you what color and gender God is, but whatever.

kal, yes all we know about god is from the bible (and some people from personal experiecnes). And like I stated before, with evidence, God has no gender.

kal-el said:
Yes, but it could very well have once been the word of a perfect god, but his word has been perverted, and misconstrued many times over by many different men, and the bible is most likely far from it's original version. For a proof that it's not perfect, one could take a verse to suit their needs, but another can always find a contradicting verse. A perfect god would not leave his word perverted, and up for intepretation like so.
Still... If He watches over it then from a non-compromising faith perspective even the translators would have been doing God's will in a rightly interpretation thereof.
...Also we should consider Father speaks to gender, even so does God, as opposed to goddess.

apostle..i was seriously asking you what color and gender God is, but whatever.
...And while I do in fact appreciate an honest/sincere inquiry. I am unable to break liberty... I have shown you the way through scripture, knowledge and insight. Thereby, marking a challenge. "The only way to the Father is through the Son."
2 Corinthians 12
Paul's Vision and His Thorn in the Flesh
This boasting is all so foolish, but let me go on. Let me tell about the visions and revelations I received from the Lord. I was caught up into the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether my body was there or just my spirit, I don't know; only God knows. But I do know that I was caught up into paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be told. That experience is something worth boasting about, but I am not going to do it. I am going to boast only about my weaknesses. I have plenty to boast about and would be no fool in doing it, because I would be telling the truth. But I won't do it. I don't want anyone to think more highly of me than what they can actually see in my life and my message, even though I have received wonderful revelations from God. But to keep me from getting puffed up, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from getting proud.
Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Apostle13 said:
Still... If He watches over it then from a non-compromising faith perspective even the translators would have been doing God's will in a rightly interpretation thereof.
...Also we should consider Father speaks to gender, even so does God, as opposed to goddess.

Yes, in the beginning, god might very well have guided the authors into recording exactly what he meant, but god didn't speak the words and let the authors write it shorthand, each author wrote a part of the bible in his specific place and time in history. Translating the bible many times from it's original language was no walk in the park. The translators could phrase things how they wanted them phrased, etc,etc,etc, without changing the whole thought. And those translations were copied and recopied a thousand times over. So, in the end, god might not have said anything in the bible, it could be all the work of primitive men.

And the father thing. Well, like I said, if the authors of the bible wanted to write that god was a guy, so be it, obviously they were prejudice against women, not having any women authors in the entire bible.

Back
Top Bottom