• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

tHe uLtiMatE gOd mAsCuLiNiTy tHrEaD

ok apo: another ?: what color is christ, since like you said you can experience the "father" (very extrem pratiarchy there), through the son.

i believe in tranquility said:
ok apo: another ?: what color is christ, since like you said you can experience the "father" (very extrem pratiarchy there), through the son.

John 14:6-14 said:
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Luke 24:31 said:
Their eyes were opened, and they recognized him, and he vanished out of their sight. (WEB)
2 Kings 6:17 said:
And Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
For to see one is to see all... To see HIM at all is to first be born of Spirit (There are some noted exceptions) as described in John 3; Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
If your eyes are not spirit then how can you see that which is..?
If you are looking for a black Jesus then I should have to disappoint you.

kal-el said:
Yes, in the beginning, god might very well have guided the authors into recording exactly what he meant, but god didn't speak the words and let the authors write it shorthand, each author wrote a part of the bible in his specific place and time in history. Translating the bible many times from it's original language was no walk in the park. The translators could phrase things how they wanted them phrased, etc,etc,etc, without changing the whole thought. And those translations were copied and recopied a thousand times over. So, in the end, god might not have said anything in the bible, it could be all the work of primitive men..
...But surely you do see my point? From a faith perspective if God inspired it, spoke it, then authored it through the hands of chosen men, would he then not preserve it wholly through the same such and type men..?
Even in as much as finalizing it by omissions throughout history to our cannonized version/translations today.
And the father thing. Well, like I said, if the authors of the bible wanted to write that god was a guy, so be it, obviously they were prejudice against women, not having any women authors in the entire bible
If it pleases you to say "God the Mama" then go on with your bad self:2razz:

If a god really existed, which i do not believe, then surely it would not be a physical being, and therefore would have no gender, race or colour?

apo: i believe that Jesus was tan, because that is what scientific evidence prooves. Today people of the middle east are tan colored, so back then the same. Im not looking for a BLACK Jesus, and im not "looking" for a white Jesus. Jesus is tan in my humble opinion, because his color represents all human skin colors.

apo: i believe that Jesus was tan, because that is what scientific evidence prooves. Today people of the middle east are tan colored, so back then the same. Im not looking for a BLACK Jesus, and im not "looking" for a white Jesus. Jesus is tan in my humble opinion, because his color represents all human skin colors.
Your humble opinion is well with you as He is... Others commonly describe Him as being olive skinned which I take as being the same.
...And yes, therefore He is a representation of us all as did He die for us all.:smile:

The single "God" in masculine form of the Abrahamic Faiths was different than all other beliefs before it, different in that "God" was single, all others before were in pairs.

Hera, Isis, Phersophone, and many others held roles equal to male's in religion and worship. Abraham had only a man, no woman in the role of "God". Where once where 2, Mother and Father, now only male existed. Isreal was the first to have this one sided worship.

Many "pagan" areas that fell to Christian influence the local culture had always held a "Mother Godess" belief, for those who believed in Christ it is in Mary that this belief is still expressed.

This deviation from the normal balance of beliefs up untill this time was unique, why it grew so large, I only wish I knew.

KMS

Apostle13 said:
Your humble opinion is well with you as He is... Others commonly describe Him as being olive skinned which I take as being the same.
...And yes, therefore He is a representation of us all as did He die for us all.:smile:

So then why is he always portrayed as white?

Che said:
So then why is he always portrayed as white?
Actually, I have seen many an artists depictions. Black Jesus, Asian, even American Indian... But yea, mostly white.

Funny....I always pictured her as Dark haired and Pale skinned

tecoyah said:
Funny....I always pictured her as Dark haired and Pale skinned
Dude... I think your god seduced me in a dream last night.

Dude's, god is Alannis Morrisette. And Jesus was black.:lol:

BASICALLY THIS: to those who beilve that God is MALE, who the hell is God's freaking wife. Life is possible through male AND FEMALE, thus God must have a wife.

WHO IS SHE....hmmmm...lets thinkg reeeeeeeal hard.....YOU DONT KNOW, because God is NOT MALE.

BASICALLY THIS: to those who beilve that God is MALE, who the hell is God's freaking wife. Life is possible through male AND FEMALE, thus God must have a wife.

WHO IS SHE....hmmmm...lets thinkg reeeeeeeal hard.....YOU DONT KNOW, because God is NOT MALE.
I know... A morphidite! He did Herself... Got bored with that, came to earth, took out a young virgin on the Bi, I mean sly, and stuck her fiance Joseph with the support payments...While he goes back, sits back, on his throne, poppin' grapes, and laughs at stupid human jokes.
IBT Thanks for revelating us here...:lol:

Last edited:

God has no need for a partner, for he/she/it sprang out of nothingness.:lol:

i dont think you get it....people say that God is MY/our father, if that is the case, WHO IS MY/OUr Mother???

i already have a freaking father and mother, they are just about 30 feet away from me as we speak (or type...lol).

My point is God is NOT my father.

Back
Top Bottom