• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ukrainian Government Have Become Unironic Nazis!

FurriesRock

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Just like Nazi Germany before them, the Ukrainian government has decided that books are verboten! Of course instead of burning them in the street they seem to be content with just banning the books outright!

How dare people read things that Zelensky and his government of clowns doesn't like! Oh the horror!

"Ukrainian lawmaker Yaroslav Zhelezniak said on social media that the ban on music made by Russian artists would apply in public spaces and media. Books and other publications by Russian and Belarusian authors will be prohibited from import and distribution."

https://sputniknews.com/20220619/ukraine-moves-to-ban-russian-music-literature-1096461460.html

Just like Nazi Germany before them, the Ukrainian government has decided that books are verboten! Of course instead of burning them in the street they seem to be content with just banning the books outright!

How dare people read things that Zelensky and his government of clowns doesn't like! Oh the horror!

"Ukrainian lawmaker Yaroslav Zhelezniak said on social media that the ban on music made by Russian artists would apply in public spaces and media. Books and other publications by Russian and Belarusian authors will be prohibited from import and distribution."

https://sputniknews.com/20220619/ukraine-moves-to-ban-russian-music-literature-1096461460.html
I think it has more to do with taunting then anything else, just like when we renamed French fries , " Freedom fries"

I think it has more to do with taunting then anything else, just like when we renamed French fries , " Freedom fries"
That may be so, but we never banned French books.

I find it funny that everyone wants to defend Ukraine as if it's some shining example of democracy, but history tells us that it's always the bad guys who ban books.

Just curious, but do you view localities in the US who have been banning books as "Nazis"?

Just curious, but do you view localities in the US who have been banning books as "Nazis"?
No, because there is a distinction. The material your referencing is only being withheld from minors, but is not withheld for adults. There is no outright ban on books in the U.S.

It is an interesting argument of what kind of material is appropriate for minors to read, but that would have to be a different thread.

I find it funny that everyone wants to defend Ukraine as if it's some shining example of democracy, but history tells us that it's always the bad guys who ban books.

It isn't so much that Ukraine is some shining beacon of light and goodness, as that Russia is engaged in blatant imperialism and trying to restore its Soviet era borders, a threat to all of Eastern Europe that needs to be nipped in the bud.

War is often like that. It is rarely a clash of pure good vs pure evil; but rather an unreconcilable conflict of interests.

Oh yea, I forget that you guys childishly called french fries freedom fries. lol that did not last long.

LOL ! You're smarter than this, but if not, readers certainly are!

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Sputnik_(news_agency)

Sputnik (news agency) - Wikipedia

Sputnik (Russian pronunciation: [ˈsputʲnʲɪk]; formerly Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti, naming derived from Russian Спутник) is a Russian state-owned news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service. It was established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya on 10 November 2014. With headquarters in Moscow, Sputnik claims to have regional editorial ...

None the less, you shared a known Russian government propaganda website. You should be embarrassed.
Why should I be embarrassed. Russian news is no more or less propaganda than CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or any other mainstream news.

I thought unicron was a big transformer

It isn't so much that Ukraine is some shining beacon of light and goodness, as that Russia is engaged in blatant imperialism and trying to restore its Soviet era borders, a threat to all of Eastern Europe that needs to be nipped in the bud.

War is often like that. It is rarely a clash of pure good vs pure evil; but rather an unreconcilable conflict of interests.
Should America, the great hypocrite nation, be deciding what Russia can and can't do, since America blatantly engaged in Imperialism and resource theft in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, and etc...

Not to mention those pesky war crimes that Americans committed against the Iraqi people.

Oh, and don't forget GITMO, the black eye on America's face which everyone wants to forget, because it's an inconvenient fact, and reminds everyone that America is not the good guy on the world stage.

Sorry, I'm just not buying into the whole Russia bad thing just because professional liars in the mainstream media tell me to.

That may be so, but we never banned French books.

The entire Russian army is trying to kill every Ukrainian and you are upset about books? The Russians are the Nazi's and always have been.

The entire Russian army is trying to kill every Ukrainian and you are upset about books? The Russians are the Nazi's and always have been.
False.

The Russians are not trying to kill every Ukrainian.

Sputnik News.

🤣

This from a country where journalism can be considered a dangerous profession.

Should America, the great hypocrite nation, be deciding what Russia can and can't do, since America blatantly engaged in Imperialism and resource theft in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, and etc...

Not to mention those pesky war crimes that Americans committed against the Iraqi people.

Oh, and don't forget GITMO, the black eye on America's face which everyone wants to forget, because it's an inconvenient fact, and reminds everyone that America is not the good guy on the world stage.

Sorry, I'm just not buying into the whole Russia bad thing just because professional liars in the mainstream media tell me to.
What you are "buying" is that Putin wants to be the new Stalin and murder millions of Ukrainians and enslave the rest to boost his ego. There are no whataboutisms that make that acceptable.

Sputnik News.

🤣

This from a country where journalism can be considered a dangerous profession.
Nice ad hominem fallacy.

I've posted above the same article from the New York Times.

Certainly you don't think Russia owns them too, do you?

What you are "buying" is that Putin wants to be the new Stalin and murder millions of Ukrainians and enslave the rest to boost his ego. There are no whataboutisms that make that acceptable.
This is also false, fake news.

This is also false, fake news.
It is happening right in front of our eyes. You must be blind. Putin is a mass murderer and guilty of war crimes. He should be tried and executed.

The Russian troll farm is busy today.

What "ad hominem"?

Russia is a country where journalism can be considered a dangerous profession.
I see that you've decided to deflect instead of address the fact that the news I quoted was also picked up by the New York Times.

Do you believe that the NYT is Russian propaganda, yes or no?

Back
Top Bottom