• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The U.S. media is essentially 100 percent united, vehemently, against Trump[W:51]

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What did you think of Trump’s press conference? You’ve gone after people who you thought were smearing those denying a Trump-Russia connection, and you’ve used the word McCarthyite to describe them. But now Trump has encouraged the Russians to find or release more Hillary Clinton emails.

OK, so, I am glad you asked about that because this is the conflict that I am currently having: The U.S. media is essentially 100 percent united, vehemently, against Trump, and preventing him from being elected president. I don’t have an actual problem with that because I share the premises on which it is based about why he poses such extreme dangers. But that doesn’t mean that as a journalist, or even just as a citizen, that I am willing to go along with any claim, no matter how fact-free, no matter how irrational, no matter how dangerous it could be, in order to bring Trump down.

Glenn Greenwald on Donald Trump, the DNC hack, and a new McCarthyism.

Glenn Greenwald, the co-founding editor of the Intercept. Greenwald, who lives in Brazil, is best known for his role in reporting on Edward Snowden’s disclosures of National Security Agency material; that work, which appeared in the Guardian,

Yes, and unadmitted journalistic bias is never good for the profession, because the people get the idea that you are dishonest.

Last edited:
Re: The U.S. media is essentially 100 percent united, vehemently, against Trump,

It's easy to spot. Just take a look at any news aggregation site and scroll through today's "news". They accuse Trump of everything from goat raping to having sex with underage llamas. Then when you read what he actually said, it has nothing to do with what the title is accusing him of.

The result is some folks believe everything they spew, others believe nothing they spew. It's really difficult to find real reporting in all the very dishonest flak.

Re: The U.S. media is essentially 100 percent united, vehemently, against Trump,

It's easy to spot. Just take a look at any news aggregation site and scroll through today's "news". They accuse Trump of everything from goat raping to having sex with underage llamas. Then when you read what he actually said, it has nothing to do with what the title is accusing him of.

The result is some folks believe everything they spew, others believe nothing they spew. It's really difficult to find real reporting in all the very dishonest flak.

As if journalism has not long had a major credibility problem these fools go and make it worse, driven by hate.

There is no cure for stupid.

Reporting the truth about Trump aint the same as being biased.

Did Trump say that he hoped the Russians hack some more? Yes.. was it a joke.. that is up to interpretation.. I personally dont believe it was a joke since he has been idolizing Putin and the Russians for a long time. Should the media not report this? of course they should report it.. it is basically treasonous talk.

Did Trump say and do sexist, racist and anti-Semitic things? yes, again comes down to the interpretation and what excuses the Trump side comes up with. Does that mean the media should not report it? Of course no.. they should report it because it is relevant to the mans train of thought.

But let me guess the usual pro-Trump people and right wingers are appalled that Benghazi, emails and even Whitewater are not being daily subjects in conjunction when talking about Hilary.. oh I forgot the whole White House blowjob thing with Bill.. lets not forget that. Lets ignore the 123512345 Benghazi investigations that cleared her and the email investigation that also cleared her.. yes there were 3 emails that were secret.. not flagged as secret at the time mind you.. but yea yea. Again so what, it is over.. move on. Same with Whitewater and all the other so called scandals.. mostly pushed by the GOP, with investigation after investigation and in almost all cases.. cleared the Clintons. Funny how that is never mentioned. How many hundred of millions of dollars were spent to investigate Bill and all they found was that he was unfaithful to his wife? Seriously?

I would say that Trump is getting a free ride in the US media, as it has of yet not really done much looking into his past as a business man or gone after him on taxes, policy or anything. They never ask the important questions when they interview him or his people... why?

Good.

Another good passage:

The media has used Trump as this kind of once in a lifetime threat, like Hitler, and there is this kind of moral exercise that you engage in when you say, “If I were a German in the 1930s, what would I want history to have recorded that I did? I would want history to record that I did everything I possibly could to stop Hitler.” I think that is now translating into everything and anything goes when it comes to stopping Trump. I think journalists are now of the mindset where they are saying, “Anything we can use against Trump, we can.” And I think that in and of itself is pretty dangerous, and I am just not comfortable with that, notwithstanding how much I share the view that Trump is this sort of unique evil.

Driving agendas, not driving truth, which is very bad for a profession which is already deep into ill repute.

Last edited:

Did Trump say that he hoped the Russians hack some more? Yes.. was it a joke.. that is up to interpretation.. I personally dont believe it was a joke since he has been idolizing Putin and the Russians for a long time. Should the media not report this? of course they should report it.. it is basically treasonous talk.

Did Trump say and do sexist, racist and anti-Semitic things? yes, again comes down to the interpretation and what excuses the Trump side comes up with. Does that mean the media should not report it? Of course no.. they should report it because it is relevant to the mans train of thought.

But let me guess the usual pro-Trump people and right wingers are appalled that Benghazi, emails and even Whitewater are not being daily subjects in conjunction when talking about Hilary.. oh I forgot the whole White House blowjob thing with Bill.. lets not forget that. Lets ignore the 123512345 Benghazi investigations that cleared her and the email investigation that also cleared her.. yes there were 3 emails that were secret.. not flagged as secret at the time mind you.. but yea yea. Again so what, it is over.. move on. Same with Whitewater and all the other so called scandals.. mostly pushed by the GOP, with investigation after investigation and in almost all cases.. cleared the Clintons. Funny how that is never mentioned. How many hundred of millions of dollars were spent to investigate Bill and all they found was that he was unfaithful to his wife? Seriously?

I would say that Trump is getting a free ride in the US media, as it has of yet not really done much looking into his past as a business man or gone after him on taxes, policy or anything. They never ask the important questions when they interview him or his people... why?

You are many weeks out of date.

[/COLOR]You are many weeks out of date.

Oh? So the Trump campaign coming out saying he wont release his taxes... how is that not front page news? That is far more serious than some embarrassing emails in the DNC.. this is about Trump vs Hilary now.. their actions should be front and centre, and not the actions of the DNC or RNC.

Oh? So the Trump campaign coming out saying he wont release his taxes... how is that not front page news? That is far more serious than some embarrassing emails in the DNC.. this is about Trump vs Hilary now.. their actions should be front and centre, and not the actions of the DNC or RNC.

Many many stories have been done on this, many many "experts" have been brought forward to say that in the past this would have been disqualifying. It did not matter. Ranting on about the same old thing over and over like Crazy Uncle does not help the profession either, nor does it change minds.

Last edited:

I stopped with your first accusation...Trump never asked them to hack anything.

Glenn Greenwald, the co-founding editor of the Intercept. Greenwald, who lives in Brazil, is best known for his role in reporting on Edward Snowden’s disclosures of National Security Agency material; that work, which appeared in the Guardian,

Yes, and unadmitted journalistic bias is never good for the profession, because the people get the idea that you are dishonest.

This should surprise absolutely no one, especially Trump supporters. Prior to Trump winning the nomination, the media was essentially 100% united in favour of Donald Trump. He was their useful idiot. In their campaign to elect Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump became the ideal Republican candidate and so they gladly pimped for him for the better part of a year to the detriment of all other Republican candidates. Surely, as a Trump supporter, you had no problem when Trump was the darling of the media and got $millions in free media coverage and access, right??

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Bottom line, Trump is a disaster as a candidate for President and the media knew he would be. They used you and fooled you. No one to blame but yourselves.

Of course, the one question y'all never, ever ask yourselves is if maybe, just maybe Trump is as idiotic and dangerous as "all the media" is saying.

Nah. That could never, ever be the case, because somebody who encourages freaking RUSSIA to dig through a former secretary of state's emails must be a real patriot!!!!

This should surprise absolutely no one, especially Trump supporters. Prior to Trump winning the nomination, the media was essentially 100% united in favour of Donald Trump. He was their useful idiot. In their campaign to elect Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump became the ideal Republican candidate and so they gladly pimped for him for the better part of a year to the detriment of all other Republican candidates. Surely, as a Trump supporter, you had no problem when Trump was the darling of the media and got $millions in free media coverage and access, right??

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Bottom line, Trump is a disaster as a candidate for President and the media knew he would be. They used you and fooled you. No one to blame but yourselves.

Trump supporters to a large degree dont take cues from the journalists. Did you read the piece?

You interviewed Chris [Hayes] about Brexit and I just want to submit to you that the mistake the U.K. media and U.K. elites made with Brexit is the exact same one that the U.S. media and U.S. elites are making about Trump. U.K. elites were uniform, uniform, in their contempt for the Brexit case, other than the right-wing Murdochian tabloids. They all sat on Twitter all day long, from the left to the right, and all reinforced each other about how smart and how sophisticated they were in scorning and [being snide] about UKIP and Boris Johnson and all of the Brexit leaders, and they were convinced that they had made their case. Everyone they were talking to—which is themselves—agreed with them. It was constant reinforcement, and anyone who raised even a peep of dissent or questioned the claims they were making was instantly castigated as somebody who was endangering the future of the U.K. because they were endorsing—or at least impeding—the effort to stop Brexit. This is what’s happening now

This whole cycle the journalists have been whining that no one listens to them anymore...Get with it man...

Of course, the one question y'all never, ever ask yourselves is if maybe, just maybe Trump is as idiotic and dangerous as "all the media" is saying.

Nah. That could never, ever be the case, because somebody who encourages freaking RUSSIA to dig through a former secretary of state's emails must be a real patriot!!!!

How do you explain this well regarded journalist admitting that the profession is biased against Trump?

Or are you going to ignore that, in a thread designed to examine just that?

Did Trump say that he hoped the Russians hack some more? Yes.. was it a joke.. that is up to interpretation.

Really?

So the media is upset that Russia is trying to manipulate our election. The DNC did EXACTLY that, so let's talk about Trump.

By the way, these emails he joked about are in FBI custody, so.......

There's your "interpretation".

You mean the emails that are in FBI custody? Because Hillary doesn't understand how sensitive emails get hacked?

Your beloved party is trying to blame Russia for trying to fix our election, just like your beloved party already did to Bernie Sanders. This is so transparent.

You mean the emails that are in FBI custody? Because Hillary doesn't understand how sensitive emails get hacked?

Your beloved party is trying to blame Russia for trying to fix our election, just like your beloved party already did to Bernie Sanders. This is so transparent.

Oh. You mean the Russians don't have those emails?

Oh. You mean the Russians don't have those emails?

If they do, does that not just prove further that Hillary should have been indicted?

If they do, does that not just prove further that Hillary should have been indicted?

Even if she should have been, does this in any way excuse Trump for encouraging espionage by the Russians with the obvious intent to skew our national elections?

Even if she should have been, does this in any way excuse Trump for encouraging espionage by the Russians with the obvious intent to skew our national elections?

Good Lord. You heard him. That was sarcasm to make a point. It was clearly obvious he was joking.

bull****. you are a partisan hack.

he asked for the missing emails to be given back to us.

you ****ing liars are so over the top. no integrity exists on the left anymore. the DNC is full of corrupt rats, and you want to pretend the actual issue is this.

exactly. a sinking ship of rats trying to point out the other guy's behavior. bwahahaha

Trump supporters to a large degree dont take cues from the journalists. Did you read the piece?

This whole cycle the journalists have been whining that no one listens to them anymore...Get with it man...

I don't need journalists or anyone else to tell me what I've observed over the past year. It is undeniable that the media made Trump in an effort to secure the Presidency for Clinton. The details aren't as relevant as the outcome.

bull****. you are a partisan hack.

he asked for the missing emails to be given back to us.

you ****ing liars are so over the top. no integrity exists on the left anymore. the DNC is full of corrupt rats, and you want to pretend the actual issue is this.

Which means it's okay with you for Trump to tell the Russians to "search through the emails" and publish them in order to skew the election?

FYI, you're no conservative...because no REAL conservative would ever support something like what Trump did, much less support Trump himself.

I don't need journalists or anyone else to tell me what I've observed over the past year. It is undeniable that the media made Trump in an effort to secure the Presidency for Clinton. The details aren't as relevant as the outcome.

So all the gnashing of teeth the last few months of the Primary that the journalists had failed to stop Trump..."how oh how can we stop Trump"....was all an act? Many many reports of them being demoralized because Trump was winning even though he is "unfit" were lies?

Back
Top Bottom