• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The two biggest tax lies going on at my work right now.

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So I live in Kentucky, which overwhelmingly voted Romney; more so than Texas and South Carolina. I'm not sure if conservative media plays a part but here are the two biggest lies:

-Obama raised taxes and never lowered them. In reality, the 1.8% they are getting taken away is a phased out tax holiday on social stuff that no party chose to extend.

-that apparently at least two women at work claimed they know people without insurance getting half of their tax returns taken away. Also false.

So any clue where this stuff comes from?

Without citations in the OP, I don't even know where you got it.

Last edited:
So I live in Kentucky, which overwhelmingly voted Romney; more so than Texas and South Carolina. I'm not sure if conservative media plays a part but here are the two biggest lies:

-Obama raised taxes and never lowered them. In reality, the 1.8% they are getting taken away is a phased out tax holiday on social stuff that no party chose to extend.

-that apparently at least two women at work claimed they know people without insurance getting half of their tax returns taken away. Also false.

People come up with bull **** to explain changes to their personal tax status based on their income.
If your like me, my income goes up and down based on production at work.
Some years it can be high, with a higher marginal tax rate, some years lower, with a lower tax rate.

Want to do something funny?
Ask them what their marginal tax rate is, then watch their eyes gloss over, when they have no clue to what you're talking about.

The rightwing noise machine. That's all it does is propagate falsehoods and bizarre narrative. Everything the conservatives on this board post comes to them through the machine (the conservative think tanks, talking heads and rightwing websites). Not a fact in the lot.

Let me get this straight...

Someone in your State says "Obama raised taxes and never lowered them". And you say that two women say that they know people who say...blah, blah, blah.

And YOU want US to tell you where this stuff comes from???

LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom