• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The twists the turns the gyrations.

As soon as the dumbass wrote "gun show," it was over.

The link is clearly not anti gun enough, no talk od ar-15's shooting 600 clips per second, or how a 30-30 can take down helicopters( I bet td can say who claimed that originally)

It's filled with false assumptions instead. Somebody says more than yada yada in "developed countries" they are trying to pull a Flogger. Gun control has for ages relied on false comparisons. One could say they have flogged it to death. :shock:

Smoke and mirrors. If you say criminals can buy guns at gun shows often enough people are going to believe it. When enough do a law will be passed. This is not anything new but it is time we realised how to stop it.

It's a great article and shows how the right-wing, accompanied by the NRA routinely pout their foot in their mouths.

lets see-putting foot in mouth

claiming that the Brady bill was the legislation that banned semi auto rifles based on appearances in 1994

Claiming that magazines of 10 rounds or more are ONLY FOR WARFARE.

claiming that bans on assault weapons will decrease crime

No, it's a good article and says this
Moreover, public-health researchers have reached an inescapable conclusion: More guns means more women die. Women in the United States are 11 times more likely to die from being shot than women in other high-income countries.

The chance of anyone being murdered in a random home invasion like the one Cox depicts are one in several million.

Black market guns can be and are purchased at gun shows: the car trunk loophole, that is getting shows into trouble.

Ever been to a gun show, and seen inside people's trunks?

No, it's a good article and says this

Black market guns can be and are purchased at gun shows: the car trunk loophole, that is getting shows into trouble.

Ever been to a gun show, and seen inside people's trunks?

I have. You haven't. You repeat a stupid, paranoid myth.

I have. You haven't. You repeat a stupid, paranoid myth.

I've been to several gun shows dude: I'm a gun owner.

Have you ever seen the car trunks of some of the cars at gun shows?

I've been to several gun shows dude: I'm a gun owner.

Have you ever seen the car trunks of some of the cars at gun shows?

Tell me:

Which gun show - city, month, year - where you "saw" this.

Tell me the make and model of the car.

Tell me exactly - exactly - what you saw in the "trunk."

And then tell me who showed you.

Tell me how having more guns in the population prevents gun violence. Tell me the city. The statistic.

Tell me how the stop and frisk philosophy that lead to a drop in violent crimes in New York City corroborates the more guns philosophy?

Tell me:

Tell me how having more guns in the population prevents gun violence. Tell me the city. The statistic.

Tell me how the 'stop and frisk' philosophy that led to a drop in violent crimes in New York City corroborates the 'more guns' philosophy?

Doesn't have a thing to do with anything I said.

But as for "statistics":

Over a 20-year steady decline in crime rates, including murders, including gun murders, in the United States, the number of guns in private hands has been on a steady rise.

More guns. Less crime. Both facts. Causality is not implied, but the idea that more guns equal more gun crime is completely refuted.

Tell me how the stop and frisk philosophy that lead to a drop in violent crimes in New York City corroborates the more guns philosophy?

Good lord. You should try arguing against people who have actually said the things and made the claims you're itching to argue against.

Doesn't have a thing to do with anything I said.

But as for "statistics":

Over a 20-year steady decline in crime rates, including murders, including gun murders, in the United States, the number of guns in private hands has been on a steady rise.

More guns. Less crime. Both facts. Causality is not implied, but the idea that more guns equal more gun crime is completely refuted.

Good lord. You should try arguing against people who have actually said the things and made the claims you're itching to argue against.
Your supposition (and the NRA's) is more guns in everyone's possession will lessen crime. Tell me how 'stop and frisk', a NYC program that stopped, frisked and TOOK AWAY WEAPONS and led to lower crime statistics in NYC corroborates the philosophy you agree with - the 'put more guns into everyone's hands' philosophy to lessen crime.

USA-1993-2013

gun violence drops

millions upon millions of more guns are in circulation with a huge increase in the stuff that causes gun banners to have meltdowns-semi auto pistols and rifles with 15-30 magazines

Your supposition (and the NRA's) is more guns in everyone's possession will lessen crime. Tell me how 'stop and frisk', a NYC program that stopped, frisked and TOOK AWAY WEAPONS and led to lower crime statistics in NYC corroborates the philosophy you agree with - the 'put more guns into everyone's hands' philosophy to lessen crime.

Tell me, my eager little friend, where did I say anything of this sort, ever, at all, or mention "stop and frisk" in any form?

I'm not involved the argument you wish you were having.

Which I guess is kind of the norm for you, considering you actually quote yourself in your own signature, and date the quotes. You talk to yourself a lot, looks like.

USA-1993-2013

gun violence drops

millions upon millions of more guns are in circulation with a huge increase in the stuff that causes gun banners to have meltdowns-semi auto pistols and rifles with 15-30 magazines

2014, lowest crime level in 51 years.

I stopped at "local gun show." That is the myth that won't die. Doesn't matter how many times that lie is repeated. The non gun owning, thus non gun purchasing public, is completely asinine and stupid when it comes to that part.

I swear...next they will be convinced there is such a thing as an assault muzzle loading weapons.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

USA-1993-2013

gun violence drops

Next we need to ban these:

2001e411050ed78030eaf6cc6fc7fd35.jpg

Battlefield implements with no room in the home. Who needs to fire more than 1 bolt at a time.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Tell me:

Let's see: The Cow Palace 2006. 3 shows at the Santa Clara country fair grounds from about 2004, where I bought my M1 carbine from a Sacramento dealer: $400 bucks, and a couple of shows there for about two more years. Those two shows had pistols and 13" sitchbalde knives in the trunks of some guys' cars: you have to be careful; you can't just walk up to a guy and say "got anything for sale?" When you see some guy's trunk open, you can meander over there and quietly take a look... And a Las Vegas show, that was just outside the airport there. You see trunks open all the time, which is why the Las Vegas gun stores and police call them "beef jerky shows" and will not support them. The Vegas show was very small and a waste of a good plane ticket.

So, I know what I'm talking about Harshaw, you're going to have to accept that.

Oh, and you may wish to research the US senate.

Let's see: The Cow Palace 2006. 3 shows at the Santa Clara country fair grounds from about 2004, where I bought my M1 carbine from a Sacramento dealer: $400 bucks, and a couple of shows there for about two more years. Those two shows had pistols and 13" sitchbalde knives in the trunks of some guys' cars: you have to be careful; you can't just walk up to a guy and say "got anything for sale?" When you see some guy's trunk open, you can meander over there and quietly take a look... And a Las Vegas show, that was just outside the airport there. You see trunks open all the time, which is why the Las Vegas gun stores and police call them "beef jerky shows" and will not support them. The Vegas show was very small and a waste of a good plane ticket.

So, I know what I'm talking about Harshaw, you're going to have to accept that.

Oh, and you may wish to research the US senate.

Oh, so you were seeing activity that's already illegal, in sketchy areas NEAR gun shows. Gotcha.

You've never known what you're talking about, jet, and you have yet to "accept" that.

Oh, so you were seeing activity that's already illegal, in sketchy areas NEAR gun shows. Gotcha.

You've never known what you're talking about, jet, and you have yet to "accept" that.

Uh, no: said activity was on Gun show rented property. So there was nothing "sketchy" about it. I was there dude.

Here's the cow palace and parking lot:

Cow palce.jpg
you'll note that the parking lot is on the property...;)

The Santa Clara county fair grounds can bee seen with an aerial view, but the graphic is a TIFF (what ever that is and won't upload): "county parking" just across the street.

If you can't handle factual dialogue then I can't help you. Again, I suggest that you research the US senate.

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom