• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The TSA Protest Scheduled for Thanksgiving Eve is a Major Mistake

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
2691.jpg

I understand the actual images are almost as clear as HD TV.

National Opt Out Day is wrong.

I agree that something needs to be done to force the TSA & U.S. Department of Homeland Security to change their ways in regard to these pat downs, but a slow down on Thanksgiving Eve is not how to go about it.

People who organize protests seem to think they are doing something for a greater cause, but who is it that suffers from the actions of protesters.

They close down streets. That effects mostly the public and private businesses.

They break windows. That costs private businesses lots of money.

They loot businesses. That costs private businesses lots of money.

They set fire to cars parked in the street. That costs private people money.

They set fire to police cars. That costs Government money , and that is us and our tax money.

Every one of these actions end up costing you and I because the costs are passed on to you and I. Even if it's covered by insurance it can effect the cost of our insurance eventually.

The plan to slow down the airport lines on Thanksgiving Eve will have the most NEGATIVE effect on the traveling public. Mom, Dad and the kids trying go to Grandma's House for the Holiday.

The TSA people have to be there anyway and the Airlines are used to running late so who is hurt by opt out?

Only us. So if you know someone who is planning to be part of this protest tell them to hold off and do it when it doesn't hurt so many families.

2691.jpg

I understand the actual images are almost as clear as HD TV.

National Opt Out Day is wrong.

I agree that something needs to be done to force the TSA & U.S. Department of Homeland Security to change their ways in regard to these pat downs, but a slow down on Thanksgiving Eve is not how to go about it.

People who organize protests seem to think they are doing something for a greater cause, but who is it that suffers from the actions of protesters.

They close down streets. That effects mostly the public and private businesses.

They break windows. That costs private businesses lots of money.

They loot businesses. That costs private businesses lots of money.

They set fire to cars parked in the street. That costs private people money.

They set fire to police cars. That costs Government money , and that is us and our tax money.

Every one of these actions end up costing you and I because the costs are passed on to you and I. Even if it's covered by insurance it can effect the cost of our insurance eventually.

The plan to slow down the airport lines on Thanksgiving Eve will have the most NEGATIVE effect on the traveling public. Mom, Dad and the kids trying go to Grandma's House for the Holiday.

The TSA people have to be there anyway and the Airlines are used to running late so who is hurt by opt out?

Only us. So if you know someone who is planning to be part of this protest tell them to hold off and do it when it doesn't hurt so many families.

Justice will be served when those who opt out are put in a separate line from those who don't.

Back
Top Bottom