• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The truth of Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice cream does not cause a weight gain, since you can not say how much I would weigh if I did not eat ice cream.

Obama is going around congress with department regulation. This will mean Obama will be able to make laws through regulation and congress will have no say. That disrupts the check and balance system our government is set up with

Really? The pres is now able to make laws all by himself now, no advice and consent? Now, that's even more serious than the totally unrelated issue of global warming. I wonder if you have a backup for that statement?

So how much of the warming is caused by man and how much can we reduce the temp by these failed programs like ethanol and wind turbines

I'm not sure its possible to explain in a way you will be able to understand. Imagine a set of balance scales with the earth on one side and the amount of CO2 the earth can naturally sequester on the other side. Now add human produced CO2 to the amount of CO2 the earth can naturally sequester, and what happens?

Ethanol and wind turbines have not failed at reducing CO2. Both produce less CO2 than burning fossil fuels. Now it was a bad idea that both Republicans and Democrats pushed to use a food source to make ethanol. This has been proven for years now, which is why they are looking at algae and other sources to make ethanol. Windmills do not produce CO2 at all! The more they are used instead of burning fossil fuels, the more reduction in CO2 there will be. The same goes with solar.

Really? The pres is now able to make laws all by himself now, no advice and consent? Now, that's even more serious than the totally unrelated issue of global warming. I wonder if you have a backup for that statement?

He doesn't understand the difference between laws and regulations so he thinks that because the EPA has made new regulations under the Congressional authority of the Clean Air Act, that Obama is creating laws.

EPA can regulate greenhouse gases congress without approval from congress

I'm not sure its possible to explain in a way you will be able to understand. Imagine a set of balance scales with the earth on one side and the amount of CO2 the earth can naturally sequester on the other side. Now add human produced CO2 to the amount of CO2 the earth can naturally sequester, and what happens?

Ethanol and wind turbines have not failed at reducing CO2. Both produce less CO2 than burning fossil fuels. Now it was a bad idea that both Republicans and Democrats pushed to use a food source to make ethanol. This has been proven for years now, which is why they are looking at algae and other sources to make ethanol. Windmills do not produce CO2 at all! The more they are used instead of burning fossil fuels, the more reduction in CO2 there will be. The same goes with solar.

Wrong ethanol does nothing except do damage to the motord that are forced to use it. Wind tubines take away farm land when the UN claims there is a food shortage. Wind tutbines are also blamed for health problems.

So how much rise in temp has man caused. How much will temp lower from these useless programs. Notice Duece left when I asked him to show it again

Wrong ethanol does nothing except do damage to the motord that are forced to use it. Wind tubines take away farm land when the UN claims there is a food shortage. Wind tutbines are also blamed for health problems.

So how much rise in temp has man caused. How much will temp lower from these useless programs. Notice Duece left when I asked him to show it again

Deuce has already answered your pointless, baseless question multiple times for which you respond with contradictory nonsense. I suspect he is ignoring you now as I am going to do until you have something legitimate to bring to the discussion.

Deuce has already answered your pointless, baseless question multiple times for which you respond with contradictory nonsense. I suspect he is ignoring you now as I am going to do until you have something legitimate to bring to the discussion.

So then what is the answer. If he has told it you must know. I seem to think it was more a non answer than an answer as Duece often does

So then what is the answer. If he has told it you must know. I seem to think it was more a non answer than an answer as Duece often does

So, let's get this straight... you are against finding and using renewable energy sources? By the way, wind turbines do not take up farmland. Many turbines are placed off the coast in the water. Solar panels can go in the desert, which is not really used for much but Vegas and military bases.

So, let's get this straight... you are against finding and using renewable energy sources? By the way, wind turbines do not take up farmland. Many turbines are placed off the coast in the water. Solar panels can go in the desert, which is not really used for much but Vegas and military bases.

BS I have shown where they are put on farmland. Nice spin but false. We are not in Europe.

When they become efficient and affordable and can actually make a difference let me know. 2% of the nations electricity is not making a difference

BS I have shown where they are put on farmland. Nice spin but false. We are not in Europe.

When they become efficient and affordable and can actually make a difference let me know. 2% of the nations electricity is not making a difference

Let me rephrase:

They do not have to take up farmland. They can go offshore. 2% is better than 0% and is a step in getting free from dependence on nonrenewable sources.

EPA can regulate greenhouse gases congress without approval from congress

Oh, I see. So, Obama can't make laws on his own? That's a relief. Do you have some backup to the statement that EPA can regulate greenhouse gases congress without approval from congress?

Didn't Congress have to pass the greenhouse gasses law in the first place? What is that law, anyway?

Again, I rephrased to "have to". However, if people would quit having so many children, this wouldn't be such a problem. :)

Countries that industrialize tend to reduce their birthrate naturally. I think growth rates will continue to decline and hopefully this means the world wont end up truly resource-crunched. (although some raw materials like iron we're going to have to get reeaaaly clever about recycling or start mining asteroids eventually!)

Of course, Bman will step in shortly and accuse us both of wanting to force depopulation.

Last edited:
Toyota on Peak oil:

So "global warming" has been changed to " global climate change"? Odd.

Too bad these multiple theories cannot become one definitive theory.

So "global warming" has been changed to " global climate change"? Odd.

Too bad these multiple theories cannot become one definitive theory.

They're both accurate labels depending on context and aren't really two separate theories. The planet is getting warmer which causes changes in climate.

They're both accurate labels depending on context and aren't really two separate theories. The planet is getting warmer which causes changes in climate.

It does not seem warmer. Do you believe cooling temperatures are a sign of global warming?

It does not seem warmer. Do you believe cooling temperatures are a sign of global warming?

Do you think "it does not seem warmer" is an accurate indication of a multi-decade global temperature average?

Cooling temperatures are not a sign of global warming. However, global average temperature is not decreasing.

Oh, I see. So, Obama can't make laws on his own? That's a relief. Do you have some backup to the statement that EPA can regulate greenhouse gases congress without approval from congress?

Didn't Congress have to pass the greenhouse gasses law in the first place? What is that law, anyway?

Doesn't matter Obama will exempt those that support him

Obama issues global warming rules in January, gives GE an exemption in February | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Again, I rephrased to "have to". However, if people would quit having so many children, this wouldn't be such a problem. :)

So it takes farmland and taxpayer funds pays subsidies and it produces little electricity and you defend that?

Do you think "it does not seem warmer" is an accurate indication of a multi-decade global temperature average?

Cooling temperatures are not a sign of global warming. However, global average temperature is not decreasing.

According to the manipulated data of GW scientist. I am still waiting for the data on how much temp will decrease if we stop polluting

The Environmental Protection Agency this week starts regulating greenhouse gases from power plants and other big polluters for the first time.

The rules only apply to new construction and major expansions, but they've become hugely controversial. Critics say they will drag down the economic recovery.

Rules made unilaterally by Obama?

But, all that is a diversion, isn't it? What do the actions of politicians have to do with the findings of science?

So, back to the discussion: Here's a polar bear who believes that global warming is real:

In one of the most dramatic signs ever documented of how shrinking Arctic sea ice impacts polar bears, researchers at the U.S. Geological Survey in Alaska have tracked a female bear that swam nine days across the deep, frigid Beaufort Sea before reaching an ice floe 426 miles offshore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom