• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The truth of abortion

Anthony Miller

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Many people think abortion is murder, well really it is not. An unborn fetus has no memory, no emotions, and no opinions. So technically to put it bluntly, it is like a tree. A tree has none of these characteristics, like an unborn fetus, and if a tree has no rights why should an unborn fetus have any? Really, abortion shouldn't even be a political topic. If a person cannot take care of a baby or simply just doesn't want it, then why should they keep it? If they keep it it is just not only making the parent's life more miserable but most likely the child's as well. So really if cutting down a tree isn't murder, than abortion should not be either.

So it's ok to kill Alzheimer's patients? A fetus is a human, a tree is a plant.

I actually would like to be killed if I acquire Alzheimers. That is the worst things you can put a family through and as far as I'm concerned, I'm dead once my memories are gone.

Last edited:
Killing a fetus... if we were to get technical... is not really a sin.
God himself does not read into the future. Even he is bound by some rules he set.

I've got a medical directive in place in case I ever am declared brain dead or significantly damaged. If I cease being me, I don't want to live. So yes, if I get Alzheimers, kill me.

Many people think abortion is murder, well really it is not. An unborn fetus has no memory, no emotions, and no opinions. So technically to put it bluntly, it is like a tree. A tree has none of these characteristics, like an unborn fetus, and if a tree has no rights why should an unborn fetus have any? Really, abortion shouldn't even be a political topic. If a person cannot take care of a baby or simply just doesn't want it, then why should they keep it? If they keep it it is just not only making the parent's life more miserable but most likely the child's as well. So really if cutting down a tree isn't murder, than abortion should not be either.

The ongoing debate about significant trees would suggest that there are a lot of people who don't think that cutting down a single tree is a trivial matter.

Also it can be argued that a 2 year old doesn't have any opinions apart from "FOOD!!!!". Your reasons are somewhat superficial and while I agree with your conclusions, the logic that brought you to them could do with some refinement.

A newborn baby has no memory, no emotions, and no opinions. So technically to put it bluntly, it is like a tree.

just sayin....... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom