• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth-O-Meter report card on Glenn Beck

They have more integrity, honesty and love for this country than the President has in his little toe.

And I disagree 100%. You can't see the President for love or money. You've demonized him, and you just keep taking shots at him every chance you have access to a keyboard.

you are all over the board

No, I just called you on how wrong you are on several fronts, and you're proving you're unable to respond to most of what I'm saying.

it is very easy to count the number of people getting unemployment checks

Yep, but that's a long, long way from being an accurate count of how many people are out of work.

and it is very easy to administer the Household Survey as both are compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

It can't be an actual count. I've been both employed and unemployed during this mess and I've never heard word one from them.

If it's a poll, it too is meaningless.

Interesting that the polling numbers are so bad for Obama and his policies since according to you we cannot count effectively the number of unemployed. Apparently those being polled don't get it either.

You know, if the above actually made any kind of sense, I'd be happy to reply to it.

Somebody please tell me why the left, not just here, but all over the internet are trying to destroy this man?
I've never seen so much hate in my life.
What is wrong with you people.
I stick up for Glenn the same way I would anybody who was being lied about the way Glenn is.
BTW Fox News Sunday is covering the rally right now. i think they are going to have glenn on.
Channel 4
Why do you think anyone is trying to destroy Glenn Beck? I posted in the OP a link that shows the veracity of statements made by the man, you can either accept the information or reject it. Have I used harsh words towards him? DP poster conservative has call our President an empty suit and I never have said anything close to that about Glenn Beck or President Bush. I hate neither of these men, however I strongly disagree with them an will point out when statements are made in error.

You should read John Dean's book Conservatives Without Conscience and you will learn about folks like you who blindly follow people like Glenn Beck. John Dean was the White House counsel to President Nixon.

Dear Barb;

It is because The Emperor is wearing no clothes. Most of America knows this.

Hope that helps!

BD

Specifics, please? What exactly happened yesterday that you don't support? When you say MOST of America knows this, where do you get your information. Nielsen ratings show Beck with at least 3 times the viewers of his closest competitor. Have you surveyed most Americans? Could it really be that you are in the minority and just cannot admit it?

Of course I lost you on that one and usually lose all Obama supporters when I dare point out actual verifiable numbers. Seems you have no real interest in the facts and continue to promote the rhetoric of Obama who just this past week said, "I am more confident than ever that we are headed in the right direction" as the economy took a dip this last quarter and unemployment is up each month of this year. Maybe that is the direction he intended to take this country. Wonder if that is the direction his supporters thought he meant during the campaign. My bet is that many did and hope for more massive expansion of govt. paid for by the 53% of the workers in this country that actually pay income taxes. Is that your vision as well?

You saying something is a fact without providing ANY factual evidence? I know that's your mode of operation, but here's the thing. You having access to a keyboard does not mean the truth is being spoken. You're not the great and powerful Oz, you're the little man behind the curtain. Until you stop spinning and start being honest, I am going to treat you with the EXACT same level of non-respect as you do me.

Why do you think anyone is trying to destroy Glenn Beck? I posted in the OP a link that shows the veracity of statements made by the man, you can either accept the information or reject it. Have I used harsh words towards him? DP poster conservative has call our President an empty suit and I never have said anything close to that about Glenn Beck or President Bush. I hate neither of these men, however I strongly disagree with them an will point out when statements are made in error.

You should read John Dean's book Conservatives Without Conscience and you will learn about folks like you who blindly follow people like Glenn Beck. John Dean was the White House counsel to President Nixon.

I actually prefer Rules for Radicals as a guide for the Obama Administration

Specifics, please? What exactly happened yesterday that you don't support? When you say MOST of America knows this, where do you get your information. Nielsen ratings show Beck with at least 3 times the viewers of his closest competitor. Have you surveyed most Americans? Could it really be that you are in the minority and just cannot admit it?

There are far too many people in and of this country that don't fit all your labels for you and your lot to be the majority. Even if you take the house, senate, and whatever all else is up for grabs - those people don't represent you. And you will find out just how true that is if they get back in power.

They are politicians. Just like the President. You know; the man you hold in such low esteem. You do exactly what you accuse me of - you see Beck through rose-colored glasses. You're in a trance where he's concerned, etc.

Your moral high horse is non-existent.

Because he is an American and has the right to do what he is doing and because I believe he is right regarding Obama and the direction this country is going. The facts support him.
Glenn Beck has every right to do what he does, and you have the right to openly express your opinion, this is the United States of America.

Glenn Beck has every right to do what he does, and you have the right to openly express your opinion, this is the United States of America.

"The facts support him"? Do you have any idea where he's going with that?

I actually prefer Rules for Radicals as a guide for the Obama Administration

Conservatives are enthralled by Saul Alinsky, I've never heard of the before visiting a conservative website.

So you refuse to answer my questions, and instead attack the commentator.. classic right wing avoidance attack.

Uh, I don't see a personal attack here but I do see a tough question that you refuse to answer. Divert, distort, and then ignore sounds like a typical liberal ploy.

Who has Glenn Beck hurt personally? He is a man right now with a megaphone and is using that megaphone to try and wake up the minions that don't have a clue what is going on in this country as they buy the rhetoric and ignore the actual results.

He spreads conspiracy theories, half-truths, and occasionally outright lies for profit. He saw the grass roots Tea Party movement and saw them as a group of people he could profit off of.

And they follow him in lockstep and give him their money blindly. It's no different than televangelists who prey on the feeble-minded through religion. He just uses politics instead of religion. It is, however, the exact same formula.

No, I just called you on how wrong you are on several fronts, and you're proving you're unable to respond to most of what I'm saying.

Yep, but that's a long, long way from being an accurate count of how many people are out of work.

It can't be an actual count. I've been both employed and unemployed during this mess and I've never heard word one from them.

If it's a poll, it too is meaningless.

You know, if the above actually made any kind of sense, I'd be happy to reply to it.

Look, you have better numbers offer them. What we have here now are economic numbers in the tank unless GDP growth of 1.6% is booming in your world, we have record numbers of people getting unemployment checks which probably are a mirage to a liberal as well, and we have poll numbers in the tank but to a liberal it is continued support for the Obama rhetoric. Tell me do you believe Obama when he says, "I am more confident than ever that we are headed in the right direction?" Is that your view as well?

"The facts support him"? Do you have any idea where he's going with that?

He believes what Glenn Beck says and that is fact to him. This is true of many people on the right, they blindly believe everything they say. If you've ever heard the Rush Limbaugh Show, his callers agree with him and say dittos or mega-dittos.

He spreads conspiracy theories, half-truths, and occasionally outright lies for profit. He saw the grass roots Tea Party movement and saw them as a group of people he could profit off of.

And they follow him in lockstep and give him their money blindly. It's no different than televangelists who prey on the feeble-minded through religion. He just uses politics instead of religion. It is, however, the exact same formula.

Actually, he uses religion as well. Twice as much money!

Look, you have better numbers offer them. What we have here now are economic numbers in the tank unless GDP growth of 1.6% is booming in your world, we have record numbers of people getting unemployment checks which probably are a mirage to a liberal as well, and we have poll numbers in the tank but to a liberal it is continued support for the Obama rhetoric. Tell me do you believe Obama when he says, "I am more confident than ever that we are headed in the right direction?" Is that your view as well?

Why are you hijacking this thread away from the OP???????????

What people do with "their" Money should be irrelevant to you. I am still waiting for you or anyone else to tell me who exactly Beck has hurt personally? You broadbrush everything he says without offering specifics and claim they are for profit. If you can prove him wrong, that he lies, spreads conspiracy theories then take it to the FCC and get him off the air. All I see from the Beck detractors are generalities without specifics yet when I give you specifics about the Obama actual results you ignore them. Beck doesn't have the influence that Obama has and yet he is your focus and not the agenda of this President.

What people do with "their" Money should be irrelevant to you. I am still waiting for you or anyone else to tell me who exactly Beck has hurt personally? You broadbrush everything he says without offering specifics and claim they are for profit. If you can prove him wrong, that he lies, spreads conspiracy theories then take it to the FCC and get him off the air. All I see from the Beck detractors are generalities without specifics yet when I give you specifics about the Obama actual results you ignore them. Beck doesn't have the influence that Obama has and yet he is your focus and not the agenda of this President.
is not beck the topic of this thread? so what does President Obama have to do with it? or glenn beck?

So, give me your qualifications to make that diagnois? All I ever see from you are opinions being passed off as fact. The facts support his position and I have posted facts over and over again. You don't seem to really understand true facts vs. opinions.

Ad homonym alert!!!!!!

He believes what Glenn Beck says and that is fact to him. This is true of many people on the right, they blindly believe everything they say. If you've ever heard the Rush Limbaugh Show, his callers agree with him and say dittos or mega-dittos.

Interesting that verifiable information from non partisan sources isn't fact to you and other Obama supporters. Beck is against all this massive expansion of govt. and spending. Liberals didn't have a problem with him when he was attacking Bush for the very same thing but now when it is against Obama he has to be demonized. Show me another President in U.S. History that had trillion dollar deficits? that is what Beck is against and what you ignore.

Interesting that verifiable information from non partisan sources isn't fact to you and other Obama supporters. Beck is against all this massive expansion of govt. and spending. Liberals didn't have a problem with him when he was attacking Bush for the very same thing but now when it is against Obama he has to be demonized. Show me another President in U.S. History that had trillion dollar deficits? that is what Beck is against and what you ignore.

Beck = Jerry Springer = Howard Stern

None of them are worthy of being taken seriously, and they alone brought that about.

There are far too many people in and of this country that don't fit all your labels for you and your lot to be the majority. Even if you take the house, senate, and whatever all else is up for grabs - those people don't represent you. And you will find out just how true that is if they get back in power.

They are politicians. Just like the President. You know; the man you hold in such low esteem. You do exactly what you accuse me of - you see Beck through rose-colored glasses. You're in a trance where he's concerned, etc.

Your moral high horse is non-existent.

Nice diversion, where are the facts to support your claims? Tell me what economic policy of Obama that you support? Do you agree with him that "we are headed in the right direction?" Beck doesn't and that is what he is outraged about and the facts seem to support him.

Back
Top Bottom