• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth-O-Meter report card on Glenn Beck

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
PolitiFact | The Truth-O-Meter report card on Glenn Beck

We'll be fact-checking Glenn Beck and others who speak at his "Restoring Honor" rally at the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday. We hope to publish those items in the next few days.

In the meantime, we thought it would be timely to look at Beck's record on the Truth-O-Meter. As you can see from the running tally in his PolitiFact file, we've rated 17 statements by the Fox News talk show host. It's fair to say that record skews toward the False end of the Truth-O-Meter.

His record (as of Aug. 27, 2010):

True 1
Mostly True 1
Half True 3
Barely True 4
False 5
Pants on Fire 3

"The government is trying to now close the Lincoln Memorial for any kind of large gatherings."

Glenn Beck, Monday, June 28th, 2010.
Ruling: Pants on Fire! | Details

We know. Beck's entire act is based on telling his audience what they want to hear

We know. Beck's entire act is based on telling his audience what they want to hear
Exactly, Even when he says, "You don't what to hear this" he knows they really do.

More attacks on Glenn Beck... Shocking... simply shocking... lmao

A complete inability to respond to the substance of the attacks on Glenn Beck... Shocking... simply shocking... lmao

More attacks on Glenn Beck... Shocking... simply shocking... lmao

More unquestioned support of Glenn Beck...Shocking...simply shocking... lmao

pbrauer I don't much care for Beck either but seriously man give it a rest. Your hatred for Beck sustains them.

pbrauer I don't much care for Beck either but seriously man give it a rest. Your hatred for Beck sustains them.
Where have I've shown hate for Glenn Beck here? Click on the link in my previous post and you will see the hate.

:lol: hah. yeah. politifact. in other news, anne coulter reports that Obama is a bad president :roll:

If you'd actually read the article, then you'd know the source for the story was a reporter for the LA Times.

In an Aug. 25, 2010, story, Los Angeles Times reporter Kathleen Hennessey quoted a National Park Service spokesman calling Beck's claim baseless and wrong.

So, they did a follow-up, and got this email from the Parks Service:

"There is absolutely no attempt by the government to restrict gatherings at the Lincoln Memorial or at any of our sites," said Margie Ortiz, a National Park Service spokeswoman. "There is zero basis for his claim."

Exactly, Even when he says, "You don't what to hear this" he knows they really do.

You really have a problem with Glenn Beck so I have to ask, how did Glenn Beck hurt you and your family? Why this fixation with Glenn Beck and total ignorance of what is happening in this country caused by this Administration?

You really have a problem with Glenn Beck so I have to ask, how did Glenn Beck hurt you and your family? Why this fixation with Glenn Beck and total ignorance of what is happening in this country caused by this Administration?

Bigger question is.. why are you defending him so much?

Another good question would be: Why does Beck have to hurt someone personally before that person has a legitimate complaint about the fact that Beck is part of the problem in American politics?

Bigger question is.. why are you defending him so much?

Because he is an American and has the right to do what he is doing and because I believe he is right regarding Obama and the direction this country is going. The facts support him.

Another good question would be: Why does Beck have to hurt someone personally before that person has a legitimate complaint about the fact that Beck is part of the problem in American politics?

Who has Glenn Beck hurt personally? He is a man right now with a megaphone and is using that megaphone to try and wake up the minions that don't have a clue what is going on in this country as they buy the rhetoric and ignore the actual results.

Who has Glenn Beck hurt personally? He is a man right now with a megaphone and is using that megaphone to try and wake up the minions that don't have a clue what is going on in this country as they buy the rhetoric and ignore the actual results.

what rhetoric are they buying
and what results are they ignoring?

Excellent strawman, has absolutely NOTHING to do what I actually said.

Because he is an American and has the right to do what he is doing

Sure and it also societies right to make fun of him for doing so. I mean crazy people are either marginalized, seen with pity on or locked up. Since he is too famous to lock up (yet), then we have to marginalize him or/and look at him with pity. After all there is not much difference between Glenn Beck and the guy standing on the corner with a sign over his shoulders claiming the world is going to end.

and because I believe he is right regarding Obama and the direction this country is going.

You actually understand the mindless crap he pukes out? What are you.. a psychiatrist or a psychic?

The facts support him.

Just sad that the facts dont support much of what he is saying.. as politi-fact has proven, and logic and common-sense proves on a daily basis.

In other words... you fail in your defence of him since he cant be defended.... Glenn Beck needs professional help for his mental illness.

what rhetoric are they buying
and what results are they ignoring?

Most Obama supporters are still in a trance and ignoring the actual results, economic conditions, unemployment, debt, massive expansion of govt, apology tour, foreign policy failures, the lies. Summer Recovery tour? Cleaning up the mess? taking credit and claiming success? Why are you ignoring the results?

Excellent strawman, has absolutely NOTHING to do what I actually said.

So you didn't make this post?

Most Obama supporters are still in a trance and ignoring the actual results, economic conditions, unemployment, debt, massive expansion of govt, apology tour, foreign policy failures, the lies. Summer Recovery tour? Cleaning up the mess? taking credit and claiming success? Why are you ignoring the results?

if you could actually point them out, i would be able to examine them
but you can't
which causes me to conclude you are doing nothing more than posting the talking points of the gop spin machine

Sure and it also societies right to make fun of him for doing so. I mean crazy people are either marginalized, seen with pity on or locked up. Since he is too famous to lock up (yet), then we have to marginalize him or/and look at him with pity. After all there is not much difference between Glenn Beck and the guy standing on the corner with a sign over his shoulders claiming the world is going to end.

You actually understand the mindless crap he pukes out? What are you.. a psychiatrist or a psychic?

Just sad that the facts dont support much of what he is saying.. as politi-fact has proven, and logic and common-sense proves on a daily basis.

In other words... you fail in your defence of him since he cant be defended.... Glenn Beck needs professional help for his mental illness.

So, give me your qualifications to make that diagnois? All I ever see from you are opinions being passed off as fact. The facts support his position and I have posted facts over and over again. You don't seem to really understand true facts vs. opinions.

If you'd actually read the article, then you'd know the source for the story was a reporter for the LA Times.

In an Aug. 25, 2010, story, Los Angeles Times reporter Kathleen Hennessey quoted a National Park Service spokesman calling Beck's claim baseless and wrong.

So, they did a follow-up, and got this email from the Parks Service:

"There is absolutely no attempt by the government to restrict gatherings at the Lincoln Memorial or at any of our sites," said Margie Ortiz, a National Park Service spokeswoman. "There is zero basis for his claim."

I wonder what Glenn was talking about earlier on is his show? Just askin' . say you miss the first hour, and they had been talking about the renivations and joking about the government. Yea, look at ground zero. No memorial there yet. They'll close off the Lincoln Memoral and never ever never fix it. It'll be off limits forever, or almost forever then they'll call it a crisis. Yea! and they'll have to hurry up and cram through a trillion dollar trillion page porkulous bill stuffed with things like duck gall bladder studies. Yea, that and the mating habits unicorns. giggle giggle

Back
Top Bottom