• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth Makes Enemies...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
She loved her father but couldn't agree with his choice to live with a woman who was not his wife.

He loved his daughter but couldn't agree with her pro-abortion stance.

She loved her granddaughter but couldn't approve of her homosexual lifestyle.

From my experience, most Christians can show love and concern for people involved in sinful lifestyles, but many people involved in sinful lifestyles have trouble showing love for Bible-believing Christians.

This shouldn’t surprise us. It’s illustrated in the story of Cain. Nothing in Scripture leads us to believe that Abel rejected Cain (Genesis 4:1-8). But Cain murdered Abel “because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous” (1 John 3:12).

People hated Jesus "without reason" and He warned us, "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:18-25).

“For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.” 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

If you have been rejected by a loved one because of your faith, it can be heartbreaking. Please remember that our Savior understands, and He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18; Luke 21:16).
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-truth-makes-enemies.html

Pot meet kettle. Spreading lies means lake of fire if you don't repent. Your god is waiting...

So you condemn your God for ordering the murder of the Amalekite children? You believe such murders and the order to do them were evil?

Evangelicals have literally bet their eternity on it. Why are you right and they wrong?
Because the Bible teaches that sheol/hades/hell is the grave...nothing more...

Evangelicals would say that Hell is eternal. Why do you get to decide what the Bible says and not Evangelicals?

Using the Jewish conception, yes. Convenient that you accept Jewish/Hebrew concepts this way but not in other ways.

How to you match this claim with Revelation talking about those that don’t go to Heaven burning in a lake of fire?

From my experience, most Christians can show love and concern for people involved in sinful lifestyles, but many people involved in sinful lifestyles have trouble showing love for Bible-believing Christians.

Mmm... nah, that's the wrong way around. The real problem is Christians making a big show of praising their own righteousness and humble-bragging about how much they "love" people they look down on, while secretly disdaining them. Judgment and self-puffery masquerading as righteousness.

That's what "makes enemies".

Someone picks up one fiction book out of billions - sorry, I mean, gets trained to do it as a child and never unlearns the training - and suddenly they think they know the One True Way? I mean, these people aren't even following their own book to the letter; they're picking and choosing but they're entitled to go around shitting on everyone else's supposedly "sinful lifestyle" while praising their own?

And of course, of course, they just have to pretend to be martyred by people not wanting any part of their crap.

"Believe what I say or you will BURN!" <- Evangelism in a nutshell.

Yeah but those are Jesus Flames, so everyone burning deserves it. It says right here in this book!

Last edited:
Evangelicals would say that Hell is eternal. Why do you get to decide what the Bible says and not Evangelicals?
It is eternal...eternal death unless Jehovah resurrects you...

Using the Jewish conception, yes. Convenient that you accept Jewish/Hebrew concepts this way but not in other ways.

How to you match this claim with Revelation talking about those that don’t go to Heaven burning in a lake of fire?
Lake of fire is the 2nd death, eternal destruction...it is not hell...hell/grave, as well as death is thrown into the lake of fire...meaning it will be gone forever...

"And death and the Grave* were hurled into the lake of fire.+ This means the second death,+ the lake of fire. Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life+ was hurled into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:14,15

Yes, I did...the Bible does not teach hellfire...

No, you didn't. It was a very specific question. Why do YOU get to decide what the Bible says and not Evangelicals?

She loved her father but couldn't agree with his choice to live with a woman who was not his wife.

Sounds like these people are going to be very lonely in their old age.

This shouldn’t surprise us. It’s illustrated in the story of Cain. Nothing in Scripture leads us to believe that Abel rejected Cain (Genesis 4:1-8). But Cain murdered Abel “because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous” (1 John 3:12).

People hated Jesus "without reason" and He warned us, "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" (John 15:18-25).

“For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life.” 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

If you have been rejected by a loved one because of your faith, it can be heartbreaking. Please remember that our Savior understands, and He is close to the brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18; Luke 21:16).
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/01/the-truth-makes-enemies.html
There is no truth in religious bullshit. Truth is what people that don't actually have any, love to say. or have no proof so they love to use "truth"

You know what makes enemies? Religious people who can't STFU about their beliefs. They are beliefs, not fact. Believe what you want but shut up about it, stop trying to force everybodyy else to live by your beliefs, makings laws based on these beliefs. Places where people shut up about their religion, big cities like NY where there are so many, and in Europe, there is no problems. people can get along. But American Christians are basically just like the Taliban

No, you didn't. It was a very specific question. Why do YOU get to decide what the Bible says and not Evangelicals?
You tell me...does this sound like the Bible is teaching hellfire?

"For the living know* that they will die,+ but the dead know nothing at all...Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave,*+ where you are going." Ecclesiastes 9:5,10

"The soul* who sins is the one who will die." Ezekiel 18:4

You tell me...does this sound like the Bible is teaching hellfire?

"For the living know* that they will die,+ but the dead know nothing at all...Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave,*+ where you are going." Ecclesiastes 9:5,10

"The soul* who sins is the one who will die." Ezekiel 18:4

So you're just going to spam Bible verses instead of explaining why you and not Evangelicals are the authority on the Bible. Got it.

So you're just going to spam Bible verses instead of explaining why you and not Evangelicals are the authority on the Bible. Got it.
So, you're gonna spout lies you've heard instead of actually thinking for yourself...got it...

So, you're gonna spout lies you've heard instead of actually thinking for yourself...got it...

I'm not the one spitting out Bible verses to claim that I am absolutely right in my interpretation of the Bible. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not the one spitting out Bible verses to claim that I am absolutely right in my interpretation of the Bible. 🤷‍♂️
All you're proving is that you lack the ability to think for yourself...

So you condemn your God for ordering the murder of the Amalekite children? You believe such murders and the order to do them were evil?
No. I believe you did not tell the truth about abortion.

Murder is a legal term and is considered the unlawful killing of someone. Considering that abortion is a constitutional right, it is can not be murder, thus you didn't tell the truth.

Revoution 21:8

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Furthermore, my religion is fine with abortion so please don't tread on my constitutional or my religious rights.

Back
Top Bottom