• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth About The "Black Lives Matter" Mob

They are and they're getting them at a rate near their representation in the population The only issue I have is white people complaining that they're somehow being discriminated against.

Where in my OP did you find that complaint?

And when I hear people complain about their lack of a college education because they didn't apply themselves...I am dumbfounded. The system isn't rigged against race. It is rigged against poverty.
Culture has to value education for education to be sucessful.

Some of you folks really need a inner soul inspection.

Bad is bad, and bad doesn't care who you worship or the pigment of your skin.

Trashing one race to justify your own is pretty effing racist by itself.

See ya's in a few days........ gotta go hug a black cop who owes me 25 bucks over a fishing bet, and get his azz drunk.

I disagree. I don't think getting a college degree is any different for a poor black person than a poor white person. Assuming both have no way to pay for it? That means they both have to work a job, take a loan, join the military, or apply for scholarships. The part that is unfair, but a sad reality? We are asking 9th graders to make decisions that will impact them for the rest of their lives.

But hey...not everyone is going to be rich. And nobody said life is fair. Work hard or don't. The consequences will be the same for either race with the same amount of money. I was fortunate that my father worked his ass off and got a degree. His father was in the military and a small business owner who couldn't pay may dad's way through school. My dad was in debt for YEARS, and mother worked him through school too. And now I'm doing basically the same for my girlfriend (and soon to be fiancé /wife as soon as I can afford the damn wedding) and her doctoral program.

Why do people expect to get something for free or something?

Social Democrats have free stuff sells well on the streets. It isn't free, of course. But the costs can be hidden and then covered up by governments for a long time in halfway wealthy countries.

Our culture does value education. I don't think our culture understand how education works though. You still have to apply for a job and you still have to work hard at that job and you also have to make sure that you get the right education to get a job in the first place.

Facts? You want facts? The fact is that this...

"To begin with, Just the title of their mob, “Black Lives Matter,” is racist because it eliminates every other race of humans and awards the black race with the only lives that matter and claims, by the mob’s name, that the lives of every other race are inferior and don’t matter."

...is not just a logical fallacy, it's a lie, a blatant lie, and intended to inflame the situation.

Again, just another opinion and they’re a dime a dozen. You’ll need to supply some facts that I intend to inflame anything just because it pisses you off doesn’t make it inflammatory to anybody else. TRUTH often pisses off some people.

If I say that Asian babies are cute, will you say I don't think white babies are cute?

Only if you use it as a title for a political mob operation.

That crappy, superficial ploy is as old as internet discussion- reduce a statement to an absurdity and then argue against it. But in this case it's worse because it's intended to make a bad situation worse.

If tomorrow a group politically protested carrying the title of “White Lives Matter,” we both know what your opinion of that would be, huh?

Explain how the Black Lives Matter mob, the Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP and The United Negro College Fund make racial disparities better.

I'm paraphrasing other posters, here: 'If one race is systematically oppressed, no one of that race can ever be racist.'
This statement ɅɅ is disingenuous and has to be the biggest roadblock to fixing race relations in America.
There are plenty of people or organizations within groups 'not holding power' that hold power in their groups or organizations creating racists within their own organizations.

What black racism? Where are black people in the US in a position to systemically oppress white people? Do you mean bigotry?

Where in the definition of "racism" is it required that a racist be in a position to systematically oppress anybody?

Racism is the belief that a race of people are inferior to another race of people. Black Lives Matter" by definition believes that black lives are superior to every other race. If they didn't they'd be titled "ALL LIVES MATTER."

I'm not a rightist, I'm a "LIBERAL" and I say it's truth! Opinions like yours are a dime a dozen. Try posting some facts to dispute anything I posted in my OP.

there are no facts in your OP.

Our culture does value education. I don't think our culture understand how education works though. You still have to apply for a job and you still have to work hard at that job and you also have to make sure that you get the right education to get a job in the first place.
Which culture are you referring to?

I'm paraphrasing other posters, here: 'If one race is systematically oppressed, no one of that race can ever be racist.'

Again, another fact-less opinion.

This statement ɅɅ is disingenuous and has to be the biggest roadblock to fixing race relations in America.
There are plenty of people or organizations within groups 'not holding power' that hold power in their groups or organizations creating racists within their own organizations.

Just say Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, American racist race baiters delux.

I believe he got it from this 2011 NPR interview:

Scholarships: Who Gets Them And Why? : NPR

Is there something wrong with this fact from what you quoted?

"And they represent about a third of the applicants, but only about 28 percent of the recipients."

They are 33.3% of the applicants and get 28% of the scholarships.

That is a pretty close number.

Should they get more?

There's all kinds of stupid white people that never had to struggle to get where they are because of the advantages they had growing up. Over time, the playing field will be more equalized when everyone is poor and uneducated and the wealthy laugh at us all.

Is that exclusive to the white race?

I disagree. I don't think getting a college degree is any different for a poor black person than a poor white person. Assuming both have no way to pay for it? That means they both have to work a job, take a loan, join the military, or apply for scholarships. The part that is unfair, but a sad reality? We are asking 9th graders to make decisions that will impact them for the rest of their lives.

But hey...not everyone is going to be rich. And nobody said life is fair. Work hard or don't. The consequences will be the same for either race with the same amount of money. I was fortunate that my father worked his ass off and got a degree. His father was in the military and a small business owner who couldn't pay may dad's way through school. My dad was in debt for YEARS, and mother worked him through school too. And now I'm doing basically the same for my girlfriend (and soon to be fiancé /wife as soon as I can afford the damn wedding) and her doctoral program.

Why do people expect to get something for free or something?

Hard Work is the dirtiest of words these days.

Is it possible that the white students are receiving a better primary education and that is why they're more likely to go to college in the first place? Is it possible that poor people need to work immediately after high school in order to avoid starving and becoming homeless?

No more possible than whites suffering the same conditions. And if we're talking raw numbers rather than proportional, considering the declining state of schools, it's likely more whites are receiving a sub standard primary education. And most white folks need to work right after high school as well.

Again, just another opinion and they’re a dime a dozen. You’ll need to supply some facts that I intend to inflame anything just because it pisses you off doesn’t make it inflammatory to anybody else. TRUTH often pisses off some people.

Truth? Do you really believe that the phrase, 'black lives matter' means that no others matter? Do you really believe that? You haven't said yet that you do, it's just a drive-by, toss-the-garbage-out-the-window, see if you can piss off people kind of thing.
Because it's obviously wrong.

Only if you use it as a title for a political mob operation.

If tomorrow a group politically protested carrying the title of “White Lives Matter,” we both know what your opinion of that would be, huh?

Explain how the Black Lives Matter mob, the Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP and The United Negro College Fund make racial disparities better.

Don't mistake me for a whole other body. I'm not here to explain anything to you. We're talking about your miserably dishonest misrepresentation of a phrase, intended to inflame an already bad situation.
I don't give a damn about how your country chooses to burn itself down, I'm talking about you and your blatant lies.

Is there something wrong with this fact from what you quoted?

"And they represent about a third of the applicants, but only about 28 percent of the recipients."

They are 33.3% of the applicants and get 28% of the scholarships.

That is a pretty close number.

Should they get more?

I simply provided the reference I found when I googled the stats he posted.

I am not personally responsible for the content. :coffeepap:

Which culture are you referring to?

American? What else?
I was referring to African-American culture which doesn't value education.

Back
Top Bottom