• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth About Sluts

Then there are people who treat sexual partners as insurance policies. Damn!:lamo

Why do you think child support and alimony enforcement agencies refer to their cases as "claims"?

Why are women, even in today's world labeled sluts, while men are not ? Let's examine this.

Young woman @ 1:40 has some things to say.

Men are labeled assholes: same thing.

To be perfectly honest, I saw "red pill" and I just couldn't even. My nonsense meter is full for the week, and I cannot sit through 11 minutes of MRA propaganda, the same people who advocate re-legalizing domestic violence.

However, I did skip to the 1:40 mark as suggested, and the woman speaking has obviously never talked to anyone knowledgeable about what she broadly refers to as "European" feminism. It actually looks strikingly similar to American feminism, except men don't whine so much about having to share breathing space with women, and people of either sex tend to have a better grasp on what feminism actually is, unlike this woman. Though it's hardly surprisingly she has no clue what it is, given that most of the air play it gets in America is actually from male misogynists.

Tell me what the hell a slut is and then we can talk about what is supposedly true of them.

Feminism makes a lot of points that we can go over one by one if you like. Frankly that's a discussion is enjoy having. After a rather eye opining discussion with black dog, perhaps I can learn some things.

But the video said that "slut shaming" was something that was socially conditioned. I happen to agree.

I think a slut is someone who is beyond just sexually promiscuous. A slut is a woman that cheats on a husband/boyfriend/partner (when in an agreed upon monogamous relationship) and/or knowingly has sex with someone who is in a monogamous relationship.

Most women who shame men for "not getting sex" can be called sluts:

Slut: You say it because you can not get laid.
SCitizen: Your insults imply more about your profession then about me.

If women start giving away sex without concern for restraint then the value of sex will decrease. If this happens to a considerable degree men will value relationships less and thus other women will have to give sex earlier as well. In effect, women that give away sex without restraint are damaging and thus it is wise to discourage the behavior.

In effect, women that give away sex without restraint are damaging and thus it is wise to discourage the behavior.

I disagree. I would not judge any person's sexual choices.

I disagree. I would not judge any person's sexual choices.

It's actually kind of wise to judge them. The more women restrain the more men have to do to get sex, while the less they restrain the less men have to do. A high level of sluts gives other women less choices due to the supply of sex being high. If anything women should shame slutty women.

Not only that but a high level of sluts will discourage relationships and marriage and thus lead to more children without fathers.

It's actually kind of wise to judge them. The more women restrain the more men have to do to get sex, while the less they restrain the less men have to do. A high level of sluts gives other women less choices due to the supply of sex being high. If anything women should shame slutty women.

Not only that but a high level of sluts will discourage relationships and marriage and thus lead to more children without fathers.

In most European countries and in most of the World even prostitution is legal. I believe that judging people for their sexuality is unethical. Only if they do so first then it is OK to respond in kind.

In most European countries and in most of the World even prostitution is legal. I believe that judging people for their sexuality is unethical. Only if they do so first then it is OK to respond in kind.

Social pressure against sluts is meant to keep the behavior in check. This is entirely ethical as letting the behavior get out of hand can have serious negative effects on society.

Only sex workers and their customers are arrested in USA.

Ummm...ok? I'm not sure how that follows my comment. Social pressure doesn't involve the government.

Ummm...ok? I'm not sure how that follows my comment. Social pressure doesn't involve the government.

I do not know -- but in many societies with much greater sexual freedom then USA the families did not fall apart. Like most of Europe.

I do not know -- but in many societies with much greater sexual freedom then USA the families did not fall apart. Like most of Europe.

I don't know about Europe, but here in the states the single motherhood rates are extremely high, men are less interested in relationships and marriage, and people have more sexual partners earlier.

Maybe, but Euro trash also have white privilege.

Whats wrong with Sluts? Any women making lots of guy's happy instead of one guy miserable has my vote.

If women start giving away sex without concern for restraint then the value of sex will decrease. If this happens to a considerable degree men will value relationships less and thus other women will have to give sex earlier as well. In effect, women that give away sex without restraint are damaging and thus it is wise to discourage the behavior.

It is very interesting that you say nothing of men who give away sex without concern for restraint.

It is very interesting that you say nothing of men who give away sex without concern for restraint.

They are not 'sluts', they are 'studs'. (thereby showing a double standard)

Whats wrong with Sluts? Any women making lots of guy's happy instead of one guy miserable has my vote.

It is an ethical norm not to remind them that they are fornicators. Unless they break ethical norms toward me I will be ethical toward them.

They are not 'sluts', they are 'studs'. (thereby showing a double standard)

Celibate men are shamed more then sluts.

Last edited:
Celibate are shamed more then sluts.

If they don't give in to men's demands, many women are called 'frigid'.. and if they do, they are called 'sluts'. That looks like a no win situation to me... and it seems to have been the ruin of many good women.

If they don't give in to men's demands, many women are called 'frigid'.. and if they do, they are called 'sluts'. That looks like a no win situation to me... and it seems to have been the ruin of many good women.

And men are called losers who can not get laid just for expressing a politically incorrect opinion.

Both are unethical -- I am ethical to those ethical to me.

It is pretty much a lose-lose situation.

It is pretty much a lose-lose situation.

My opinion is 'do what you want' and if you choose to play around, make sure you know safe sex practices.. and choose better partners. .. and if you want to be pickier, and only sleep with someone who you are looking for a long term relationship with, then that's your choice too. You might as well do what pleases you.. and allows you to keep your dignity and independence.

Why would I? In the current culture women are almost always the ones approached.

Back
Top Bottom