• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Truth About GM's 14,000 Lost Jobs

BrainNebula

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
CNN and other MSM is spreading a lot of fake news about GM's 14,000 lost jobs, and many people are falling for it. I suppose many people want any excuse to attack President Trump, but allow me to go through the facts:

1) The 14,000 lost jobs are not just in the USA, they are in all of North America. Of those jobs, 8,000 are white collar jobs (not the jobs Trump concentrated on bringing back). Of the blue collar jobs lost, only 3,300 are from the US while 2,600 are from Canada.

Source

2) Seasonally, December through February are the worst months for selling vehicles, so job losses are to be expected around this time.

Source

3) Manufacturing job growth, which CNN and others have tried to paint as doing badly through this GM job loss story, hit record highs under President Trump.

Source

4) The job losses are actually more of a restructuring. It makes sense to restructure at the end of the year, and GM is looking to focus more on electric and autonomous vehicles, which can make them more money than gasoline sedans (which operate at a loss). In fact, of the US job losses, some of the workers will be able to find jobs at SUV and truck plants, which are ramping up production.

Source

Don't believe the fake news you hear on CNN. They are a propaganda outlet at this point.

CNN and other MSM is spreading a lot of fake news about GM's 14,000 lost jobs, and many people are falling for it. I suppose many people want any excuse to attack President Trump, but allow me to go through the facts:

1) The 14,000 lost jobs are not just in the USA, they are in all of North America. Of those jobs, 8,000 are white collar jobs (not the jobs Trump concentrated on bringing back). Of the blue collar jobs lost, only 3,300 are from the US while 2,600 are from Canada.

Source

2) Seasonally, December through February are the worst months for selling vehicles, so job losses are to be expected around this time.

Source

3) Manufacturing job growth, which CNN and others have tried to paint as doing badly through this GM job loss story, hit record highs under President Trump.

Source

4) The job losses are actually more of a restructuring. It makes sense to restructure at the end of the year, and GM is looking to focus more on electric and autonomous vehicles, which can make them more money than gasoline sedans (which operate at a loss). In fact, of the US job losses, some of the workers will be able to find jobs at SUV and truck plants, which are ramping up production.

Source

Don't believe the fake news you hear on CNN. They are a propaganda outlet at this point.

Apparently Trump is falling for the propaganda also. He's quite upset and is threatening GM over the job losses.

Apparently Trump is falling for the propaganda also. He's quite upset and is threatening GM over the job losses.

I have to laugh that all you can do is attack Trump. I guess my content was too damning for you to have a counter-argument. Anyways, Trump plays a psychological game, and he wants his supporters knowing that he's fighting for them.

I have to laugh that all you can do is attack Trump. I guess my content was too damning for you to have a counter-argument. Anyways, Trump plays a psychological game, and he wants his supporters knowing that he's fighting for them.

When he isn't fighting for them and it's only just empty rhetoric, coming from an empty fake president like Trumptard.

When he isn't fighting for them and it's only just empty rhetoric, coming from an empty fake president like Trumptard.

I specifically posted that under Trump, manufacturing job gains hit record highs. You're just hating.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Lordstown, one of the plants closing, makes the Chevy Cruise which isnt selling well and is believed to soon be discontinued. Essentially, it is a mile long plant that makes cars no one wants to buy. Not sure how that is Trumps fault.

The poster you replied to did NOT attack Trump. She merely observed what Trump made very very clear with his tweets today.

LOL!! :doh

You are absolutely correct in your OP.

Furthermore, Trump is using this GM shutdown thing to put GM on notice about their factories in Mexico and, especially, in China by pointing out how they've taken advantage of the good will of the American taxpayer and then spitting on them by not opening their plants in the US instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump threatens to up the tariffs on vehicles made in China during the upcoming G20.

I specifically posted that under Trump, manufacturing job gains hit record highs. You're just hating.

Tell that to those that are LOSING their jobs thanks to Trump and his trade war. I'm sure they would love to hear all about it.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Cult45 deflecting at its finest.....

Tell that to those that are LOSING their jobs thanks to Trump and his trade war. I'm sure they would love to hear all about it.

Point me to one and I'll tell them that there are job openings at the SUV and truck plants if they are interested. We're talking about 3,300 US blue collar workers here.

Point me to one and I'll tell them that there are job openings at the SUV and truck plants if they are interested.

There's 15,000 I'm sure you can find them to tell them yourself.

There's 15,000 I'm sure you can find them to tell them yourself.

I'm not interested in the lost Canadian jobs, nor am I that broken up about white collar jobs. They make enough money that they should be set for life if they planned correctly. I care most about the US blue collar workers, which are the backbone of our economy. And in a country of almost 330M people, I don't know any people who have been fired. Do you know a single person that has been fired?

Cult45 deflecting at its finest.....

I literally did the opposite of deflecting. I took the issue on head on. Have any counter-arguments or just a failed zinger?

Lordstown, one of the plants closing, makes the Chevy Cruise which isnt selling well and is believed to soon be discontinued. Essentially, it is a mile long plant that makes cars no one wants to buy. Not sure how that is Trumps fault.

How can it only be a white collar loss when an entire plant is closing?

looks like at least one job creator didn't get the memo when the tax cut was delivered. looks like the GM employee Christmas bonus this year is "**** off, and thanks for the fish." sadly, i doubt that they'll be the only company to do that.

GM is saying they may repurpose at least some of these plants once it figures out where it's going business wise.

Source

Source

Source

Source

The other part of this is that restructuring could be saving all the other jobs. Better to lose 15k jobs from losing divisions than to lose nearly 200k employees if the whole thing goes belly up.

I'm not interested in the lost Canadian jobs, nor am I that broken up about white collar jobs. They make enough money that they should be set for life if they planned correctly. I care most about the US blue collar workers, which are the backbone of our economy. And in a country of almost 330M people, I don't know any people who have been fired. Do you know a single person that has been fired?

Layed off you mean, yeah there are thousands.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...al-motors-plant-closures-job-cuts/2113275002/

:lol: now that was a perfect reply

Back
Top Bottom