• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Woe's

Felex Sanders

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Has there ever been another president in U.S. history who openly placed his own interests above those of the country as brazenly and unabashedly as Trump does? Probably not, but right now, there are increasing signs that Trump’s ability to skirt accountability in this regard is cracking.

You can see this happening in two big stories of the moment: a new judicial ruling allowing a lawsuit alleging Trump is serially violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause to proceed, and former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s willingness to spill on Trump, deepening his legal travails.

Oh my oh my how will it end? With him in jail I hope. Trump is a monster that has done so much to undermine democracy and our constitutional way of life had it been anyone else like say for instance President Obama well he'd be locked up by the Republican Nationalist Party long ago which is exactly where a criminal like Trump belongs.

This much hate, divisiveness, prejudice and pure unadulterated crime cannot go unpunished. Our nation and our values are better than that which brings me full circle to it's time to vote pure and solid blue.

Has there ever been another president in U.S. history who openly placed his own interests above those of the country as brazenly and unabashedly as Trump does?

I think you'd have to go back to the 19th century to find forgotten and obscurer examples, but to my knowledge, no.

Has there ever been another president in U.S. history who openly placed his own interests above those of the country as brazenly and unabashedly as Trump does?

I snipped most of your nonsense because this question is baseless.

Trump doesn't place his own interests above those of the country. Perhaps you don't understand the concept "America First".

You prove the point of my sig.

Has there ever been another president in U.S. history who openly placed his own interests above those of the country as brazenly and unabashedly as Trump does? Probably not, but right now, there are increasing signs that Trump’s ability to skirt accountability in this regard is cracking.

You can see this happening in two big stories of the moment: a new judicial ruling allowing a lawsuit alleging Trump is serially violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause to proceed, and former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s willingness to spill on Trump, deepening his legal travails.

Oh my oh my how will it end? With him in jail I hope. Trump is a monster that has done so much to undermine democracy and our constitutional way of life had it been anyone else like say for instance President Obama well he'd be locked up by the Republican Nationalist Party long ago which is exactly where a criminal like Trump belongs.

This much hate, divisiveness, prejudice and pure unadulterated crime cannot go unpunished. Our nation and our values are better than that which brings me full circle to it's time to vote pure and solid blue.

Interesting take....

So, Trump who employed illegal immigrants at his places of businesses, which Trump haters love to point towards as hypocrisy, and has tried to get legislation passed to strengthen the border and stop illegal immigration is looking after his own interests.
So, Trump who uses steel from China, which Trump haters love to point towards, put tariffs on steel from China is looking after his own interests.

It amazes me sometimes how the Trump haters love to contradict themselves.

Trump doesn't place his own interests above those of the country. Perhaps you don't understand the concept "America First".

Pleeeeease...even the most blind Trumpy Bear follower can see that he is a greedy lowlife scumbag out for himself and that's being nice about it. Come on confess, and don't be a Trumpette that always sticks with the lie open up and be honest and admit you made a mistake and voted for and support a pig. Shed that old White Nationalist Republican Red sack cloth and join the blue and be true to yourself and our nation. You'll feel much better for it I guarantee it. Besides we are an all inclusive accepting nation not one closed off and isolated to the world. Get a grip and join the ranks of humanity. Waters warm and azure blue go ahead jump in.

Interesting take....

So, Trump who employed illegal immigrants at his places of businesses, which Trump haters love to point towards as hypocrisy, and has tried to get legislation passed to strengthen the border and stop illegal immigration is looking after his own interests.
So, Trump who uses steel from China, which Trump haters love to point towards, put tariffs on steel from China is looking after his own interests.

In order to arrive at a conclusion that Trump doesn't consider personal profit in his decisions, Trump supporters need to pretend they live in a universe in which the President didn't lie for three straight years about his ongoing Trump Tower Moscow negotiations with a hostile foreign country. They also need to pretend this isn't a universe in which the President didn't enact the Muslim ban in a country he publicly bragged about getting millions of dollars from. They also need to pretend we live in a universe in which the two autocratic countries he's done or pursued business with has received the most consistently adulatory treatment.

This is not that universe.

All Trump does is put his business and personal interests above those of the country. That is simple reality.

That you can't accept it changes nothing.

Interesting take....

What amazes me is that you're blind to the most screamingly obvious things. But, hey, it's not my place to disabuse the easily suckered of their quaint notions that Trump isn't a lifelong conman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-are-the-latest-signs/?utm_term=.3f998c807da3

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-qKfXTnQklw_gpDvlvgWy-dZUUxD9c7Mi5Vzap_pDdg-o

:lamo Boy you really fell for it! His own bottom line is way more important than hiring American workers to make his products. He can talk the talk but he never walks the walk.

Pleeeeease...even the most blind Trumpy Bear follower can see that he is a greedy lowlife scumbag out for himself and that's being nice about it. Come on confess, and don't be a Trumpette that always sticks with the lie open up and be honest and admit you made a mistake and voted for and support a pig. Shed that old White Nationalist Republican Red sack cloth and join the blue and be true to yourself and our nation. You'll feel much better for it I guarantee it. Besides we are an all inclusive accepting nation not one closed off and isolated to the world. Get a grip and join the ranks of humanity. Waters warm and azure blue go ahead jump in.

shrug...

Instead of doubling down on rhetorical nonsense, make a cogent case for how Trump only does stuff for himself. Do that and we can talk.

Continue the nonsense and you'll be dismissed.

shrug...

Instead of doubling down on rhetorical nonsense, make a cogent case for how Trump only does stuff for himself. Do that and we can talk.

Continue the nonsense and you'll be dismissed.

Let's go back to January of 2016 where he not only is exposed as greedy but he brags about it. He described himself in his own words as a “very greedy person." He continued in that vein by saying “Now, I’ll tell you, I’m good at that – so, you know, I’ve always taken in money, I like money. I’m very greedy. I’m a greedy person. I shouldn’t tell you that, I’m a greedy – I’ve always been greedy. I love money, right?"

Trump also said he would have filed his personal finances with the Federal Election Commission even if he weren’t running for president, because he loves to brag.
“I filed my papers with the federal elections,” he said. “Everyone said, ‘Well maybe he’s not as rich as we think, so maybe he’ll never file,’ but I filed. In fact, I would have filed if I didn’t run, because I want to brag. I love to brag, all right?”

Consider this as well, even the tax plan that Trump outlined and implemented allows him to grab a lot more money. His proposal to eliminate the estate tax alone could save his family $4 billion given his (admittedly laughable) claim to be worth $10 billion. While his refusal to release tax returns makes it impossible to say with any precision how much more he would also save in income taxes.

So talk to me about his greed and I will point to his very own words "“I like money. I’m very greedy. I’m a greedy person. I shouldn’t tell you that, I’m a greedy – I’ve always been greedy. I love money, right?

Let's go back to January of 2016 where he not only is exposed as greedy but he brags about it. He described himself in his own words as a “very greedy person." He continued in that vein by saying “Now, I’ll tell you, I’m good at that – so, you know, I’ve always taken in money, I like money. I’m very greedy. I’m a greedy person. I shouldn’t tell you that, I’m a greedy – I’ve always been greedy. I love money, right?"

Trump also said he would have filed his personal finances with the Federal Election Commission even if he weren’t running for president, because he loves to brag.
“I filed my papers with the federal elections,” he said. “Everyone said, ‘Well maybe he’s not as rich as we think, so maybe he’ll never file,’ but I filed. In fact, I would have filed if I didn’t run, because I want to brag. I love to brag, all right?”

Consider this as well, even the tax plan that Trump outlined and implemented allows him to grab a lot more money. His proposal to eliminate the estate tax alone could save his family $4 billion given his (admittedly laughable) claim to be worth $10 billion. While his refusal to release tax returns makes it impossible to say with any precision how much more he would also save in income taxes.

So talk to me about his greed and I will point to his very own words "“I like money. I’m very greedy. I’m a greedy person. I shouldn’t tell you that, I’m a greedy – I’ve always been greedy. I love money, right?

Ummm…

We are talking about whether Trump, as President, only does stuff for himself. None of what you mention supports that.

But hey...keep trying.

If Hillary was President, the GOP would have commenced impeachment proceedings against her as soon as she was sworn in. trump however is allowed to urinate all over the US constitution and the GOP give him a standing ovation!!

Interesting take....

trump hires illegal immigrants because they are cheap. And they won't dare complain about their salaries and their working conditions cos trump threatens to deport them if they do. A lot of business people do this. Hire cheap foreign workers and if they dare complain - threaten to deport them.

Oh and BTW - did you know that every time trump goes to Mar-lar-go to play golf and meet with his russian mates - the secret service and his staff have to sleep and eat there. And guess who jacked up the hotel prices so he could personally profit from it.

So far he has charged the American taxpayer OVER $100 MILLION for his golf games and vacations.

And trump sells chinese made goods at his rallies. $45 for a MAGA cap! Who is personally profiting from this? Yep trump!!!

Lets wait for his tax returns to be released. I am sure we will all see how trump has been personally profiting from the presidency.

And then we will undoubtedly hear all the trumpsters argue that the tax returns must be fake cos trump would never cheat on his taxes or profit personally from the presidency.

Cos a failed businessman who has been bankrupt FIVE times would never resort to unethical or even criminal behaviour to make money...right?

Lets wait for his tax returns to be released. I am sure we will all see how trump has been personally profiting from the presidency.

And then we will undoubtedly hear all the trumpsters argue that the tax returns must be fake cos trump would never cheat on his taxes or profit personally from the presidency.

Cos a failed businessman who has been bankrupt FIVE times would never resort to unethical or even criminal behaviour to make money...right?

Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truuuth! Oh by the way Trump has told 3924 lies as U.S. president. Updated November 27th, 2018, Every false claim Donald Trump has made as president

Ummm…

We are talking about whether Trump, as President, only does stuff for himself. None of what you mention supports that.

But hey...keep trying.

The problem with this communication scenario is that I am dealing with a brainwashed Trumpette and to continue trying to explain anything to you would be futile. You have been caught in the tornadic Trump Cortex of lies, deceit and hate and are swiftly spiraling downward into an oblivion of lost dreams, lost lives and lost futures. I feel so sorry for you and your poor confused and lost Trump minions. But we as true blue Democratic patriots will be very understanding when we retake our nation and get you the best psychiatric help that Obamacare offers. Oh yeah Obamacare will be there and even stronger than ever.

The problem with this communication scenario is that I am dealing with a brainwashed Trumpette and to continue trying to explain anything to you would be futile. You have been caught in the tornadic Trump Cortex of lies, deceit and hate and are swiftly spiraling downward into an oblivion of lost dreams, lost lives and lost futures. I feel so sorry for you and your poor confused and lost Trump minions. But we as true blue Democratic patriots will be very understanding when we retake our nation and get you the best psychiatric help that Obamacare offers. Oh yeah Obamacare will be there and even stronger than ever.

Sorry, but your continued rhetoric doesn't cut it.

You are not trying hard enough.

You are dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom