• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump ****tangle is growing

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Almost as fast as Trump's nose.

I predict Trump will be forced to step down in the coming months if not sooner.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

It does sound appealing from Trump's perspective that he'd work out an immunity deal to resign. Avoids impeachment, avoids justice being delivered to him, and he can blame it on Democrats for making it impossible to carry out his MAGA miracle.

He'd be silly not to take it IMO.
I hope he fights it though. Fights it so hard that Pence can't bring himself to pardon him ;)

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

If they try that with his approval rating as high as it is (and going nowhere in spite of all of the Anti-Trump Propaganda) the nation will break worse than before the Civil War. Our leaders can certainly do that, and they are dumb enough and immoral enough to do that.....but pretty much nobody will end up liking the result.

I'm just trying to figure out what a ****tangle is.... :3oops:

If they try that with his approval rating as high as it is (and going nowhere in spite of all of the Anti-Trump Propaganda) the nation will break worse than before the Civil War. Our leaders can certainly do that, and they are dumb enough and immoral enough to do that.....but pretty much nobody will end up liking the result.

View attachment 67246004

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

He will finish his term.

I feel like an immunity deal in return for his resignation would lend credence to the conservative talking point that the whole purpose of the investigation was to dethrone him in the first place. He should face the same justice as anyone else who committed the same crimes.

A. It's not high.
B. There will be nothing worse or even approaching the Civil War.

WE USED TO BE MONKEYPICKLES

A. It's not high.
B. There will be nothing worse or even approaching the Civil War.

WE USED TO BE MONKEYPICKLES

No, but there will be a LOT of "neener-neener's" thrown at the Trumpkins.

They ARE a proud bunch.

Political hacks hardly "riot" anymore. They blog.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

Murdoch, the Koches and the other rightwing billionaires that run the country will probably be meeting up soon.

They will have to seriously consider dumping trump and pushing Pence up. I think this is why Ayers declined to be trump's chief of staff. He probably thinks if he remains loyal to Pence than he may become Chief of Staff to the next President.

I think Pence's silence during the trump, Pelosi, Schumer squabble was his first step towards becoming President. Notice he didn't say ANYTHING during the meeting. He could have chimed in to support trump ....but he didn't.

He just let trump have another tantrum and let the whole world see what a child trump really is.

not that popular on RCP averages I think you've been listening to Rasmussen too much.

I feel like an immunity deal in return for his resignation would lend credence to the conservative talking point that the whole purpose of the investigation was to dethrone him in the first place. He should face the same justice as anyone else who committed the same crimes.

The same deal that Nixon got will be offered to trump very soon. He will be pardoned if he resigns soon. He can always use the excuse that he was retiring because of health reasons. And in return for retiring , he will not be prosecuted for the several crimes he has committed.

But the timing is the issue. The Democrats take over the House on January 3. trump's ego would want him to hang around until January 21 - the 2 year anniversary of his HUGE - THE BIGGEST - THE BEST - inauguration in history.

Will he take the chance to hang on until January 21 or will he jump ship before the democrats can really dump on him. Remember trump is VERY WORRIED about having to release his tax returns. Almost everyone in the world knows he has cheated on his taxes and borrowed heavily from the Russians and the Saudis.

This Christmas, the whole world might get a wonderful present for once. The end of the trump fiasco.

I considered voting for him BECAUSE it might break the country.

Whole things broke. Ain't worth fixin'.

Better to start over from scratch.

He will finish his term.

Did you live through Watergate it started off slow gradually got worse and then they grew exponentially and then boom, president steps down.

It seems to be happening again

I agree, it's the Dems responsibility to either impeach or press charges after he leaves office if Mueller's investigation exposes crimes that can be proved in a courtroom. We're a nation of laws, it would be a terrible precedent if they failed in their duty.

It would be a hard road to follow, but not seeking justice for short term political gains or fearing some kind of white guy uprising, would be a big mistake. The people who're salivating over the prospects of a civil war (see below) would be greatly disappointed in the results of either a failed or successful revolution. They actually believe it will solve or country's problems, but in the end it would be a major ****tangle (I'm not sure what that is, but assume it's bad)...

If they try that with his approval rating as high as it is (and going nowhere in spite of all of the Anti-Trump Propaganda) the nation will break worse than before the Civil War...

I considered voting for him BECAUSE it might break the country.

Whole things broke. Ain't worth fixin'.

Better to start over from scratch.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

As long as Trump has the continued support of the Senate Republicans he is going nowhere. He know that his 35% of the American public will believe anything he tells them and they are the people who will vote for Senate Republicans, so he will remain in office until the next election.

Murdoch, the Koches and the other rightwing billionaires that run the country will probably be meeting up soon.

They will have to seriously consider dumping trump and pushing Pence up. I think this is why Ayers declined to be trump's chief of staff. He probably thinks if he remains loyal to Pence than he may become Chief of Staff to the next President.

I think Pence's silence during the trump, Pelosi, Schumer squabble was his first step towards becoming President. Notice he didn't say ANYTHING during the meeting. He could have chimed in to support trump ....but he didn't.

He just let trump have another tantrum and let the whole world see what a child trump really is.

Well, he could have tried to stay awake though. Dropping off to sleep in the middle of a meeting doesn't look good.

I agree, it's the Dems responsibility to either impeach or press charges after he leaves office if Mueller's investigation exposes crimes that can be proved in a courtroom. We're a nation of laws, it would be a terrible precedent if they failed in their duty.

It would be a hard road to follow, but not seeking justice for short term political gains or fearing some kind of white guy uprising, would be a big mistake. The people who're salivating over the prospects of a civil war (see below) would be greatly disappointed in the results of either a failed or successful revolution. They actually believe it will solve or country's problems, but in the end it would be a major ****tangle (I'm not sure what that is, but assume it's bad)...

It might be the Dem's responsiblity to impeach, but once he leaves office, it should be totally up to the FBI, or the various states in which he committed crimes..

One key to his future might be what happens when dem committee chairs start hearings. If in addition to the topics noted here, there emerges evidence that Trump's appointees are screwing the enviornment, working people, consumers, if a play-to-play culture is exposed, etc., that will add to the general unease about his presidency.

Trump's tweet storms are really coming back to haunt him now. While they never represented a good legal strategy, just the opposite, they do not represent a good political strategy either. It is now just too easy to go back and find the multiple dimensions of Trump's trip over his dingdong-ness repeated time and time again through his ever changing stories about just everything about payoffs to playmates and Russia.

As I have often said, his base laps up his nonsense, nonsense like "they are shouting We Want Trump in France". Huh....what Donald?

The base was enough to win one election under very specific circumstances one time. They are not enough to win elections more than that.

Did you live through Watergate it started off slow gradually got worse and then they grew exponentially and then boom, president steps down.

this^^^

I am coming more from the "revolution every 20 years" thing Jefferson mentioned position.

And trumps base has been primed to reject anything anybody finds out about trump.

So if its really bad, when Mueller is done, there will be some acting up. Because of this conditioning.

That takes time. Although it's possible, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, just looking at the timeline, I think the powers that be might find it to be less messy to just hang it over his head until his term timeclock runs out.

I remember Clinton was impeached and I don't recall him getting run out on a rail. It was business as usual.

Believe me. I hope you're right. I just don't see it in my crystal ball.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

I don't predict he will be forced to step down. I predict he is neutered, will soon be made as irrelevant as Pence was in that meeting this week, will be shamed and rebuffed even by many members of the GOP, and he will lose his bid for re-election. And he will be remembered as one of the most corrupt and disgusting men to ever sit in the Oval Office - if not THE most disgusting and corrupt man to sit there.

That takes time. Although it's possible, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, just looking at the timeline, I think the powers that be might find it to be less messy to just hang it over his head until his term timeclock runs out.

I remember Clinton was impeached and I don't recall him getting run out on a rail. It was business as usual.

Believe me. I hope you're right. I just don't see it in my crystal ball.

Yes and no (as far as the Clinton thing). Clinton kept his job, but Clinton's stock plummeted. His last few years in office amounted to opening supermarkets and flying to meetings. That's about it. He was pretty toxic, even to members of his own party.

Back
Top Bottom