• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump ****tangle is growing

Almost as fast as Trump's nose.

I predict Trump will be forced to step down in the coming months if not sooner.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

Yes...for committing NO CRIMES he should step down....der...

Yes...for committing NO CRIMES he should step down....der...

Well it is pretty evident he has committed at least one crime, even the Fox News says so. Illegal election donations and the conspiracy to hide them are both felonies. Whether they will be enough to impeach and convict trump is very questionable considering that the GOP controls the Senate. You can say Trump has not yet been convicted of a crime, but not that he has not committed a crime.

What say you?
I doubt Trump will step down.

• Trump's "base" doesn't care and/or does not hear about the increasing evidence
• As a result, Republican elected officials are slightly pushing back, but are unlikely to abandon him
• The only thing preventing Trump from being charged with a crime is that he is the President, and the DoJ won't indict a sitting President
• Trump would burn the entire nation down to the ground before ever accepting any sort of responsibility for anything resembling criminal activity

If they try that with his approval rating as high as it is (and going nowhere in spite of all of the Anti-Trump Propaganda) the nation will break worse than before the Civil War. Our leaders can certainly do that, and they are dumb enough and immoral enough to do that.....but pretty much nobody will end up liking the result.

His approval rating is high? LOL My god, you are either really bad at trolling or completely bat **** crazy out of your mind with delusions

As long as Trump has the continued support of the Senate Republicans he is going nowhere. He know that his 35% of the American public will believe anything he tells them and they are the people who will vote for Senate Republicans, so he will remain in office until the next election.

The ****pile is growing, and their may come a day when the stink is so strong......well, we recall Nixon stepping down. In the early stages, they were just brushing it off, "petty crime", remember? Do any of you old farts remember?

The whole thing is standing on shifting earth. It's not pronounced now, but it will become so in the coming months.

...So if its really bad, when Mueller is done, there will be some acting up. Because of this conditioning.

I doubt Trump will step down....

• Trump would burn the entire nation down to the ground before ever accepting any sort of responsibility for anything resembling criminal activity

Most seem to think that there's going to be a problem if the House moves to impeach. But I don't think he'll need that excuse. Given his past threats, I think there's a good chance he'll just declare the next election 'rigged' or claim there was fraudulent voting etc...

That takes time. Although it's possible, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, just looking at the timeline, I think the powers that be might find it to be less messy to just hang it over his head until his term timeclock runs out.

I remember Clinton was impeached and I don't recall him getting run out on a rail. It was business as usual.

Believe me. I hope you're right. I just don't see it in my crystal ball.

Clinton lied to congress about sex. Most dems didn't feel that was impeachable, given that most members of the male species would lie to GOD Himself, let alone congress, about SEX, the sex thing was far off the trail from what it started on, the WhiteWater real estate fiasco, which was a bit of a ****tangle, as well. But that didn't compare to what is happening now, not by a long shot.

I don't predict he will be forced to step down. I predict he is neutered, will soon be made as irrelevant as Pence was in that meeting this week, will be shamed and rebuffed even by many members of the GOP, and he will lose his bid for re-election. And he will be remembered as one of the most corrupt and disgusting men to ever sit in the Oval Office - if not THE most disgusting and corrupt man to sit there.

What happens is the quagmire mounts, grows, and then it becomes apparent that the president is no longer able to discharge his constitutional duties, that is when the bow breaks for this big baby.

The whole process starts off slow, grows gradual, then exponentially, like being at the foothill of a mountain.

We're still in the valley, getting closer to the foothill, but then the climb begins, and all hell breaks loose.

I feel very confident that it will happen, that Trump will be FORCED to step down, and it will be a face saving maneuver, Trump will say Dems forced it, created all this stink surrounding him and he can no longer do the job.

It will all be blamed on Democrats, at least by Trump and Trumpsters. But, they can all go to hell. They are borderline traitors.

What happens is the quagmire mounts, grows, and then it becomes apparent that the president is no longer able to discharge his constitutional duties, that is when the bow breaks for this big baby.

The whole process starts off slow, grows gradual, then exponentially, like being at the foothill of a mountain.

We're still in the valley, getting closer to the foothill, but then the climb begins, and all hell breaks loose.

I feel very confident that it will happen, that Trump will be FORCED to step down, and it will be a face saving maneuver, Trump will say Dems forced it, created all this stink surrounding him and he can no longer do the job.

It will all be blamed on Democrats, at least by Trump and Trumpsters. But, they can all go to hell. They are borderline traitors.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong...

No, but there will be a LOT of "neener-neener's" thrown at the Trumpkins.

They ARE a proud bunch.

Political hacks hardly "riot" anymore. They blog.

Some poor key boards are going get smashed.....

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

In 2020, 34 Senators will be up for re-election. 22 of them are Republican.

Well I hope you are correct. It does seem feasible. Not even trump is invincible (even though his supporters beg to differ). If trump resigns I will have the urge to say “told ya so!!!!!!” to all the trump supporters in my life. That’s bad , right? I shouldn’t do that. Oh but how hard it would be to refrain from doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found an amusing comment in an article just now:

Trump foundation, Trump organization, Trump campaign, Trump inauguration, Trump transition, Trump administration, but that's ALL that's under investigation!
As many have noticed, the idea that Trump supporters have *any* limit to how far they are willing to suspend disbelief, is certainly in question.

Well I hope you are correct. It does seem feasible. Not even trump is invincible (even though his supporters beg to differ). If trump resigns I will have the urge to say “told ya so!!!!!!” to all the trump supporters in my life. That’s bad , right? I shouldn’t do that. Oh but how hard it would be to refrain from doing so.

I'm torn on that too. Fortunately for me I avoid politics in person for the most part. I don't think I would rub friends/families nose in it.
Here on the forums, we have seen people literally deny reality, time and time again...outright lie, etc., in order to push their narrative.
For them, nothing.

Found an amusing comment in an article just now:

As many have noticed, the idea that Trump supporters have *any* limit to how far they are willing to suspend disbelief, is certainly in question.

I'm torn on that too. Fortunately for me I avoid politics in person for the most part. I don't think I would rub friends/families nose in it.
Here on the forums, we have seen people literally deny reality, time and time again...outright lie, etc., in order to push their narrative.
For them, nothing.

Yeah, I probably wouldn’t say a word in person to people I actually like & wish to keep relationships. But on here is a different story, ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

I've always said he won't finish his term.

I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of corruption.

When Dems take over the House, they will subpoena people and people will see and hear for themselves all that the crooked Republicans have been hiding.

Impeachment is just a feel-good expedient response. The GOP Senate would never vote to convict unless overwhelming evidence of heavy Trump/Russia collusion emerged.

GOP Senators don't care about the Trump adultery or the campaign finance violations. Most of them have similar skeletons in their own closets.

IMO Trump is not re-electable. I believe Pence is also mortally wounded for supporting/defending the obviously corrupt Trump regime.

The most likely scenario has Mueller obtaining sealed indictments against Trump that are then unsealed the day after Inauguration 2021.

Americans must extract a promise from presidential candidates to not issue Trump a pardon. No one should be above the rule of law.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

Did anybody see the Trump interview from yesterday. He is such a dog, such a cowardly low down POS. I don't know if anybody outside of NY is familiar with the term "Dry Snitch". But Trump dry snitched Cohen's wife and his father-in-law in that Fox News interview.

Trump:
"I don't know what Cohen is hiding from SDNY. Maybe, I don't know but maybe he is protecting his father-in-law who is a very rich man. Maybe he is protecting his wife...again I don't know."

That is what is known as a Dry Snitch. Anybody who actually saw that and was not disgusted needs to get a serious look in a mirror.

I am most worried about what Trump will do on his way down and out. Think about what John Gotti would do if we were ignorant enough, stupid enough to put John in the WH and what he would do on his way down and out. That is EXACTLY what Donald is going to do and I am not even kidding!

Have posted this for a long time. Donald is the head of a crime family with all the trimmings.

I don't predict he will be forced to step down. I predict he is neutered, will soon be made as irrelevant as Pence was in that meeting this week, will be shamed and rebuffed even by many members of the GOP, and he will lose his bid for re-election. And he will be remembered as one of the most corrupt and disgusting men to ever sit in the Oval Office - if not THE most disgusting and corrupt man to sit there.

I am wondering on how close it will come to Trump being primaried out.

Did anybody see the Trump interview from yesterday. He is such a dog, such a cowardly low down POS. I don't know if anybody outside of NY is familiar with the term "Dry Snitch". But Trump dry snitched Cohen's wife and his father-in-law in that Fox News interview.

Trump:
"I don't know what Cohen is hiding from SDNY. Maybe, I don't know but maybe he is protecting his father-in-law who is a very rich man. Maybe he is protecting his wife...again I don't know."

That is what is known as a Dry Snitch. Anybody who actually saw that and was not disgusted needs to get a serious look in a mirror.

I am most worried about what Trump will do on his way down and out. Think about what John Gotti would do if we were ignorant enough, stupid enough to put John in the WH and what he would do on his way down and out. That is EXACTLY what Donald is going to do and I am not even kidding!

Have posted this for a long time. Donald is the head of a crime family with all the trimmings.

I should think we're about due for a RICO charge against the Trump family.

Ya think?

I've always said he won't finish his term.

I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of corruption.

When Dems take over the House, they will subpoena people and people will see and hear for themselves all that the crooked Republicans have been hiding.

I wonder what happens with his rabid supporters when he's drummed out?

I'm guessing a spike in militia enrollments, mass shootings at black churches and gay-bashing over the following year.

Domestic violence will also be through the roof for the first couple of days.

I should think we're about due for a RICO charge against the Trump family.

Ya think?

Yup...Trump is going rob and steal and graft for as long as he is in the WH. That is all he has done since he has been there and that is what he will do to the bitter end. He is going to rip apart everything he can for as long as he is allowed as well. That is the dif having a thug in the WH. Thugs usually get to rip apart neighborhoods and businesses and a limited number of people's lives. Putting a thug in the WH increases the scale of the damage he does to an almost unimaginable level.

Let's see if I'm right.

What say you?

One of the retired guys I hang around with was a forensic accountant. He agrees with you, and said he expects a constant drip, noting that we haven't heard from Trump's accountant. He did say that of course he has no hard evidence, just his experience. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom