• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump speech and victory

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I believe the Trump nomination acceptance speech lasted 1 hr 10 minutes.

I must admit, it was too long. Great, but too long. I kept thinking of other things as he droned on.

So what was good tonight. (Thursday night)

The plethora of speakers was outstanding. As were the other 3 nights.

Was the Trump speech good? I know the media will pan it and lie about it, but it was good. Still too long. Again, too long. Trump may have addressed his non fans. I doubt they were watching him.

Trump did point out his many stunning accomplishments and they are plenty.

I wish president Bush would get onto the Trump victory wagon. Trump will win in November. If you saw the fumbling Joe Biden today mangle what Kellyanne Conway Said, you understand.

The music was excellent.

The Fireworks were totally stunning. I never saw fireworks shoot up a name or sentence in perfect order before. Congratulations to the fireworks experts.

I must admit, it was too long. Great, but too long. I kept thinking of other things as he droned on.

Was the Trump speech good? I know the media will pan it and lie about it, but it was good. Still too long. Again, too long. Trump may have addressed his non fans. I doubt they were watching him.

I wish president Bush would get onto the Trump victory wagon. Trump will win in November. If you saw the fumbling Joe Biden today mangle what Kellyanne Conway Said, you understand.

The music was excellent.

The Fireworks were totally stunning. I never saw fireworks shoot up a name or sentence in perfect order before. Congratulations to the fireworks experts.

I have seen better.

......If you saw the fumbling Joe Biden today mangle what Kellyanne Conway Said, you understand......

laughing-joe-678x381.jpg

:cool:

8dda267fd2d0bc884a6bee38df9a0027afb51987.gifv

Last edited:

The music was excellent.

Would you like a tissue?

Trump: Reelect me so I can fix what I broke.

America: **** off!

Lord Robert; proudly and triumphantly declaring his superiority to all the little folk!

Showing his shining example so his lessers might partake of him and and be a tiny fraction less inferior to him for the effort... *sigh*

How beneavolent of him, no?

We're so lucky he graces us with his inspired wisdom!

Oh joy! The sincere gratitude of the nobodies, eternally singing the exquisitely lovely song of Lord Robert, the great and wise! It harmonizes and makes the universe lovlier for the singing....

God's grace has few wonders more wonderous than the wisdom and wit of Lord Robert of Freemont! All hail...

For we are none of us at DP worthy yet he graces us anyhow!

Let us join our voices now in song and give thanks.....:cool:

Boring speech, and poorly delivered. Trump’s brain is turning to mush (“I profoundly accept this nomination” :confused: ) and he appeared to be having trouble remaining standing unassisted.

Boring speech, and poorly delivered. Trump’s brain is turning to mush (“I profoundly accept this nomination” :confused: ) and he appeared to be having trouble remaining standing unassisted.

Oh stop it....

Just because that's all true of Biden and Biden's speech.....

Trump® = #winning, like you never imagined is possible....

Robert just educated us, Trump has already won 270 electoral votes, just accept reality for once, m'kay?

Thank Robert now please and apologize for lying about Trump®

Do.IT. NOW! Clear?

:cool:

If only libs would accept, acknowlege, and take wisdom from their betters, America could be Trump® Again! Dumb libs!

Last edited:

The music was excellent.

I think the speech is just lip service to wht you want to hear

I have seen better.

He offered all the same promises from 2016. What went wrong Donald? I thought the carnage was going to stop. This is Trumps America now, and is certainly worse off now than it was 4 years ago.

Trump did a great job delivering his speech. He's not a born orator, but what struck me was his disciplined delivery up on that stage. He exuded strength and FOCUS, in a time of anarchists, rioters and just plain anti-American LOSERS unleashed on our streets, bent on destruction.
We need Trump to delivery law, order and a great economy again.

Rousing speech. Let's get going and do this!

One thing I've noticed with trump is that he tends to lie especially about things that threaten him - so when he says he kept every one of his promises, it's not just a lie, it's a lie selected because he knows he can be attacked for not doing so. But he knows if he tells the lie, then his supporters will hear the attacks and say 'partisan lies!' It's like when he says he's done the most for women, because he knows he can get attacked for how he hasn't.

We ALL know the facts are...

The music was excellent.

180k dead. 11% unemployment. Civil unrest. Citizens firing at citizens.

Biden simply underlined what’s KellyAnne wanted us to know: they love the violence and they think it’s good for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The music was excellent.

I liked the part where mitch said we dems are going to tell you what car you can drive and how many hamburgers you can eat. I never realized biden had such powers, did you?

His results suggest exactly the opposite.

As a society, how much hope can we have when this kind of logic is on display?

Imagine the CEO of a company. He lies. He bungles. He causes individual and economic devastation. He calls different parts of the company a ****hole. He makes fun of employees regularly. The company in question has seen it’s value plummet during his stewardship.

And Republicans, the Adult Economics Knowers, will tell you *this* guy is the one we need to keep on because he’s the only one that can unbreak all the stuff he’s broken.

That’s the logic behind their economic arguments, their racial arguments, their foreign policy arguments. Which is to say their logic has no logic.

The music was excellent.

Actions (not words) is what count. Here is a picture of what Trump is all about:

Acceptancespeech.jpg

There was no testing for the virus last night on people coming to the acceptance speech and no masks were used by 99% of the people in attendance. In addition, there was absolutely no social distancing. Is this doing what he says he is going to do, which is protect the people?

His results suggest exactly the opposite.

Actually, they do, and what you and others seem to want all the rest of us to deny is the Trump DID deliver on the economy and he can and will do it again.
It's incontrovertible, and all you CNN bluster cannot change the facts.
You also can no longer hide the destructive force the Left has become, on EVERY level.

Trump did a great job delivering his speech. He's not a born orator, but what struck me was his disciplined delivery up on that stage. He exuded strength and FOCUS, in a time of anarchists, rioters and just plain anti-American LOSERS unleashed on our streets, bent on destruction.
We need Trump to delivery law, order and a great economy again.

Rousing speech. Let's get going and do this!

He couldn’t say words. Even when reading words from a teleprompter, he ****s it up.

Trump wears super baggy stuff to hid that his gait is off due to some form of stroke. My guess is the unscheduled trip to John Hopkins a few months ago was a somewhat serious medical event.

Actions (not words) is what count. Here is a picture of what Trump is all about:

View attachment 67293126

There was no testing for the virus last night on people coming to the acceptance speech and no masks were used by 99% of the people in attendance. In addition, there was absolutely no social distancing. Is this doing what he says he is going to do, which is protect the people?

Just close your eyes and pretend they're burning down a mattress warehouse, smashing windows, overtaking cities and looting Gucci.
See? No more 'rona.

And Republicans, the Adult Economics Knowers, will tell you *this* guy is the one we need to keep on because he’s the only one that can unbreak all the stuff he’s broken.

That’s the logic behind their economic arguments, their racial arguments, their foreign policy arguments. Which is to say their logic has no logic.

What else are they going to do with Trump's economic collapse, Trump's record unemployment, Trump's failed pandemic response, Trump's civil unrest? His presidency has been a pile of **** and now he has to run for re-election on the worst presidential performance we've ever seen. Gaslighting is literally the only option available to such a campaign.

Actually, they do, and what you and others seem to want all the rest of us to deny is the Trump DID deliver on the economy and he can and will do it again.

He delivered -33% GDP growth and the highest unemployment in a century.

He couldn’t say words. Even when reading words from a teleprompter, he ****s it up.

Trump wears super baggy stuff to hid that his gait is off due to some form of stroke. My guess is the unscheduled trip to John Hopkins a few months ago was a somewhat serious medical event.

Your sartorial impressions are duly noted:roll:

Back
Top Bottom