• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump speech and victory

A wise man once said, "Believe your own bull**** at your own risk".

f2b91063baf2215ebe96bbd679c941a9.jpg

That does not make me angry.

This does.

I'm not angry about this stuff, at least not exactly angry. I'm really more sad about it. I tend to have great faith in humanity and am seeing, these days, so many who have chosen to place their faith in government rather than God. These people don't seek understanding or peace. They seek only agreement and accession to their "righteous" demands. These zealots have dragged a lot of well meaning but uninquisitive people with them. Rumors are exploited and treated as facts then the crowd follows. There is no desire to think critically about what's going on but the scary part is that there is outright OPPOSITION to critical thought coming even from certain segments of the media and, as you posted, certain sectors of the elected government as well.

Here's a story from a local station in Minneapolis. It notes the effect of propaganda. That girl who says "..and then they shot him in the head" appears to be the same one that was sitting on the ground right next to the guy that shot himself. First you get confusion and then, without critical thought, you get the adoption of a narrative that supports the ideas you already have. That process can and does occur naturally but it tends to be exploited by propagandists.

Back
Top Bottom