• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Foundation was a scam

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
They have agreed to dissolve and New York is seeking restitution of more than $2 million.

As part of its agreement with the attorney general’s office, the foundation will be required to sell its remaining assets and donate the proceeds, said Amy Spitalnick, a spokeswoman for Underwood.

That includes a Denver Broncos football helmet signed by former quarterback Tim Tebow, which Trump bought at a charity auction in 2012 with $12,000 in Trump Foundation money. The charity also owns two large portraits of Trump, for which Trump paid a combined $30,000 in foundation money.

Trump now values the three items — for which he spent $42,000 in charity money — at a combined $975, according to a recent IRS filing.

The attorney general’s suit alleges that Trump used his charity’s money as his own piggy bank — including to help his presidential campaign by paying for giveaways at Iowa rallies.

“The Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments to not-for-profits from Mr. Trump or the Trump Organization,” Underwood wrote in the initial suit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2e98f91ee6f_story.html?utm_term=.105c5c1bbbad

More juicy bits from this scam...

The largest donation in the charity’s history — a $264,231 gift to the Central Park Conservancy in 1989 — appeared to benefit Trump’s business: It paid to restore a fountain outside Trump’s Plaza Hotel. The smallest, a $7 foundation gift to the Boy Scouts that same year, appeared to benefit Trump’s family. It matched the amount required to enroll a boy in the Scouts the year that his son Donald Trump Jr. was 11.

The attorney general’s investigation turned up evidence that Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump — all listed as officers of the charity — had never held a board meeting. The board hadn’t met since 1999. The charity’s official treasurer, Trump Organization executive Allen Weisselberg, told investigators that he wasn’t aware that he was on the board.

So, he used the Trump foundations to make political contributions to his own campaign and make donations for the sake of his campaign.

The board of this "charity" has not met since 1999!!!

I would gladly buy the Trump portraits and sell the chance to urinate upon them for ten bucks each. I suspect I would make a fortune.

So they story is that this is yet one more case where the system failed to detect fraud until the government broadly targets particular individuals.....that is called system failure.

So they story is that this is yet one more case where the system failed to detect fraud until the government broadly targets particular individuals.....that is called system failure.

Well, look at the Bernie Madoff scam. People like Trump know the system is slow and terrible at catching fraud. He's been getting rich on fraud for years.

Do you at least admit that The Trump Foundation was a fraud?

And think about this. This was setup as a charity. People donated to it thinking their money was going to help people. Money that was intended for sick kids with cancer was used to enrich Trump.

And if Trump has $10 Billion why does he need to pull this small time crap? Why can't he run a real charity? Why is he skimming a couple of million? Maybe he's just not as rich as he claims to be.

The Trump Foundation was a scam

It was created by Donald Trump wasn't it? Of course it was a scam; there wasn't anything else for it to be.

I would gladly buy the Trump portraits and sell the chance to urinate upon them for ten bucks each. I suspect I would make a fortune.

LOL

Odds are you would make a nice chunk of change doing that.

Sad deflection attempt.

You would need to drink a lot of coffee for that...

Well, look at the Bernie Madoff scam. People like Trump know the system is slow and terrible at catching fraud. He's been getting rich on fraud for years.

Do you at least admit that The Trump Foundation was a fraud?

And think about this. This was setup as a charity. People donated to it thinking their money was going to help people. Money that was intended for sick kids with cancer was used to enrich Trump.

And if Trump has $10 Billion why does he need to pull this small time crap? Why can't he run a real charity? Why is he skimming a couple of million? Maybe he's just not as rich as he claims to be.

I dont know the inner workings of the foundation, but most likely knowing what I know Trump went right up the the line he thought on staying legal, which he might have crossed on accident and which those who are out to destroy Trump will argue that he did cross....and they will certainly assume the worst motives for any "wrongdoing" that they find. But this is a very corrupt society and we do live in the Post Truth Era so I dont take the claims of those who are clearly out to Get Trump at face value. I will need to hear from experts who are not clearly out to slay Trump. This could be like Manafort who has been clearly purposefully illegal for a long time along with a whole bunch of other people who are corrupt but no one was particularly interested till he hooked his wagon to the outlaw Trump but I doubt it, because that is not how Trump works generally.

They went after the individuals committing the fraud, sounds like it is working well here.

They went after the individuals committing the fraud, sounds like it is working well here.

Years and years later, because Trump is a target...the system failed to detect problems during normal operations....which is system failure.

Sad deflection attempt.

Talking about a side of the story that you are not is not deflection, that is being fair, that is caring about all of the truth and not just the parts that further your political agenda.

Years and years later, because Trump is a target...the system failed to detect problems during normal operations....which is system failure.

The system is slow but effective.

I dont know the inner workings of the foundation, but most likely knowing what I know Trump went right up the the line he thought on staying legal, which he might have crossed on accident and which those who are out to destroy Trump will argue that he did cross....and they will certainly assume the worst motives for any "wrongdoing" that they find. But this is a very corrupt society and we do live in the Post Truth Era so I dont take the claims of those who are clearly out to Get Trump at face value. I will need to hear from experts who are not clearly out to slay Trump. This could be like Manafort who has been clearly purposefully illegal for a long time along with a whole bunch of other people who are corrupt but no one was particularly interested till he hooked his wagon to the outlaw Trump but I doubt it, because that is not how Trump works generally.

You still have faith in a man who has lied to you over 5000 times...

Well only when [they] go after repubs.

Yes! How can someone with the integrity to sell Trump U as "better than Harvard" and then have to settle the court cases ever be thought corrupt enough to deliberately scam people elsewhere? :lamo

I bet you are still relying on that level of integrity and honesty to be waiting to see what his "top people" really found on Obama's secret Kenyan birth certificate, after 6 years of hearing him tell us how we weren't going to believe what they were finding. Amiright?

Trump's entire adult life has been and still is a scam.

Trump just wasn't adept enough to use his foundation as a cash cow by peddling influence. He needs to attend Hill University.:lol:

Talking about a side of the story that you are not is not deflection, that is being fair, that is caring about all of the truth and not just the parts that further your political agenda.
No. By definition, your response was an obvious deflection. You completely ignored the premise of the thread, instead attempting to shift blame. :naughty

Trump just wasn't adept enough to use his foundation as a cash cow by peddling influence. He needs to attend Hill University.:lol:

Yes, so that's why he is not corrupt and you are defending the poor virtuous man so bravely here. Got it.

Yes, so that's why he is not corrupt and you are defending the poor virtuous man so bravely here. Got it.

I don't know how virtuous he is. I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he colluded with Russians in regard to the election and that is what matters. I do know that Hillary paid a foreign agent to use Russian sources to put together an unverified dossier which was used to get FISA warrants against her opponent. Nobody is even disputing that. They are simply ignoring it.

Back
Top Bottom