• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump-Chris Wallace interview is a must-see. Trump looked horrible.

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
See video below. The Donald Trump interview on Fox News Sunday was great. We got to see first-hand on how Trump thinks and how he reacts to critical economic and social issues of 2020. Whether you're "Pro-Trump" or "Anti-Trump", it's a must-see.

For those of you, who cannot watch the video below, I'll give you a summary.

- Wallace asked Trump about the recent surge coronavirus cases. He pointed to two charts: the number of documented coronavirus cases doubling since April 1st, and a study shown by John Hopkins University showing that the US had the 7th worst morality rate out of the 20 countries with the highest populations. Trump responded by saying it was "fake news" and we're doing great when it comes to fighting the coronavirus. Trump ordered Kayleigh Mcenany to find him a chart, proving that the United States is the best country at fighting the coronavirus. She handed him a piece of paper (upside down btw), showing the United States as 4th out of 7 countries dealing with the coronavirus. Not at all proving his point.

- Wallace asked him about re-naming military bases named after Confederate Generals, and whether or not, he would veto the current defense bill, which includes the re-naming of the bases. Trump responded by saying "Maybe" and went on about how he loves the military. Trump said it would be an "insult" to re-name Fort Bragg because we won two 'beautiful' world wars under that name, and there are no alternatives names you could give to Fort Bragg.

- Wallace pointed out the brand new Fox News polls, showing him losing in the national popular vote by about 9% and that the majority of Americans easily trust Biden to handle the coronavirus and race relations. On the economy, it showed Biden and Trump dead even. Trump responded by saying, he doesn't like Fox and their polls are always inaccurate. Wallace told Trump, that he shouldn't be counted out and he would make a comeback, like he did in 2016. Trump said that Joe's not right in the head and he's winning in the poll that matters: enthusiasm. Wallace shot back and said, but the highest enthusiasm is voting against him. Trump nodded in agreement.

- Trump denies he has a bad relationship with Dr. Fauci, and doesn't agree with one of his staff members making a political cartoon, mocking Fauci.

- Trump claimed that Biden wants to defund the police, but couldn't provide any examples. Even when his Press Secretary handed him Biden's so-called press release on police reform, he couldn't find a single instance. All what Trump could do was talk about illegal immigration.

- Wallace showed a clip of Trump saying that schools are teaching children to hate their country. When asked to provide examples, he mumbled and stumbled to non-existent examples.

My observations are this: Trump looked horrible. He had no plans on health-care. He didn't do anything to re-assure us that the coronavirus cases will be declining. It looked like he didn't do any homework ahead of time. Other than saying "I heard" or "People say", he didn't bring any facts to the table. When you look at Trump's face, he looks defeated and lacking any confidence.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but I didn't see somebody who should get re-elected. As a moderate Republican, I think I am going to pass on Trump for 2020.

Backfire interview, even the loyal President OrangeGlow supporters are questioning Wallace's intentions and that of FoxNews for allowing it.

(I.e. they wanted a layup interview and it became a **** show.)

Most Trump supporters have been pretty quiet about this interview bedsides a couple of rabid dogs that accuse Wallace of being a “NeverTrumper” for having the audacity to ask questions and allowing Trump the opportunity to make a tit of himself.

At least Trump passed the cognition test for Alzheimer's, boasting he "aced it". Give a guy a break. And those lbrls get upset just because he's taking food away from the poor, putting immigrant children in cages and trying to take health coverage away from 10,000,000 American. He could be doing worse. He could be ignoring a national/worldwide threat and putting tens of thousands of people in jeopardy of death while sending children headlong into that threat. Kind of like using kids to walk ahead and clear a mine field.

I watched the first 15 minutes. I just can't deal with any more. This dumb, fat **** was talking about record breaking temperatures. He can't even present his lies in complete sentences. If he was the leader of my work organization, I would quit. He's a lumbering, incoherent moron.

Back
Top Bottom