• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Campaign is Broke

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
What should be happening at this stage of the campaign is that the Republicans should be uniting behind the presumptive nominee as they agreed to do and assisting in the funding. Instead they are killing themselves searching for ways to kill off the party and let the other side win.

It is hard to imagine that $100,000 would make a significant difference in a national campaign that in recent decades costs up to a billion or more.

Translated into 2011 dollars:

election-cost-chart.png

The Crazy Cost of Becoming President, From Lincoln to Obama | Mother Jones

Even a billionaire cannot be expected to cough up that kind of cash, mostly since he/she would not have it in liquid assets.

I'm not surprised that something Trump was in charge of went broke.

Trump supporters will eventually (maybe) realize that a candidate who proudly portrays himself as unpredictable and willing to go it alone will not attract the donors or support necessary to fund or run a successful campaign.

This is not political pandering folks, the Trump campaign is literally dead broke! He really does actually need this money

Trump campaign: We're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 - CNNPolitics.com

A meeting in late May proved it: Republicans Stunned After Trump Reveals That His Presidential Campaign Is Broke

Trump's campaign is broke

What a joke!
The campaign is broke because he never intended it to become a legit campaign - it initially was self-promotion (IMHO).

But even so, at this point I suspect this is all an accounting & PR situation.

However as he continues to roll along with faltered GOP party support, yes the money issue could become a legit problem.

But right now as the presumptive nominee, it's his job to be raising money for himself & his party!

The campaign is broke because he never intended it to become a legit campaign - it initially was self-promotion (IMHO).

But even so, at this point I suspect this is all an accounting & PR situation.

However as he continues to roll along with faltered GOP party support, yes the money issue could become a legit problem.

But right now as the presumptive nominee, it's his job to be raising money for himself & his party!

Actually, it's the other way around. The party should be raising money for their nominee.

Actually, it's the other way around. The party should be raising money for their nominee.
It's much more symbiotic than that.

He needs to be meeting with the party donors.

Unless we're getting lost in the words here. To me 'party' = establishment/administration, but =/= donors.

Now if you're saying the party establishment are trying to keep him from accessing the donors, then I might agree with that.

Your interpretation isn't worshipful enough for him.

I am not the topic of conversation.
Do you really not understand that a person engaged in the discussion is not the topic of discussion?

Do you need someone else to tell you this?

What should be happening at this stage of the campaign is that the Republicans should be uniting behind the presumptive nominee as they agreed to do and assisting in the funding. Instead they are killing themselves searching for ways to kill off the party and let the other side win.

How is this an "interpretation"?
That you don't know is just a confirmation of the irrational bias you carry.

"Literally dead broke" is your interpretation and it is simply not true.
Your first article showed that the fundraising was "to help" and it can be clearly seen he is trying to force the GOP to fund his campaign as they are supposed to.

At a Las Vegas rally, he argued that if GOP establishment types didn't fully support his campaign he could self-fund, rather than relying on the party apparatus to help bring in donations.
"Life is like two way street, right?" Trump said. "Otherwise I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I'll just keep funding my own campaign. I'm ok with that. That's the easy way. I mean for me, that's the easy way. But, hopefully I can continue to go the way we're going, and this weekend we raised a lot of money. We've raised a lot of money for the Republican Party. We'll keep doing it, because we do have tremendous support within the party that I can tell you."

The two other articles reference the same thing and are "literately" lying to their lemmings, which of course you believe.
He did not reveal his campaign was "broke" as idiotically claimed by the articles. That is "literally" a lie.

What was said was that his campaign "won’t have much money ... over the next couple months", that does not say "broke" as your articles lie, or "literally dead broke" as you ridiculously claimed.

And the whole gist behind that meeting was again to get the GOP to do what they are supposed to do, fund the GOP candidate.

It is hard to imagine that $100,000 would make a significant difference in a national campaign that in recent decades costs up to a billion or more.

Translated into 2011 dollars:

election-cost-chart.png

The Crazy Cost of Becoming President, From Lincoln to Obama | Mother Jones

Even a billionaire cannot be expected to cough up that kind of cash, mostly since he/she would not have it in liquid assets.

But he spends the least and attains the best results.. He does not need to hire a plane everywhere he goes and is already outfitted quite well to campaign without the usual army of employees..

I am not the topic of conversation.
Do you really not understand that a person engaged in the discussion is not the topic of discussion?

Do you need someone else to tell you this?

I am also not the topic of conversation. Though you will desperately try to make it so.

$100K is chump change.

I smell a marketing gimmick.

I am also not the topic of conversation. Though you will desperately try to make it so.
Responding to you making it about someone is not making it about you.

But he spends the least and attains the best results.. He does not need to hire a plane everywhere he goes and is already outfitted quite well to campaign without the usual army of employees..

This is true too. He has used his politically incorrect outrageousness to make him the most coveted guest ever on news and political programs and talk shows as well as even the more non political programs. It has netted him hundreds of hours of face time and free publicity. And that doesn't cost him a dime except for travel expense when he shows up in person. But the campaign includes more than just the President--it also includes the governors and congress people and senators that Trump will need for support should he be elected. There is no bigger business in America than the political campaign and it depends on big business for most of its funding. Bribery, extortion, and manipulation is rampant within both political parties. And Trump cannot possibly emerge untainted by all that.

Don't worry. Trump said he'll self-fund his own Presidential campaign. In fact, he said he prefers it that way. I mean, in his own words, he's got $10B. A billion here and there is no bid deal. Unlike Hillary, he doesn't lie. Unlike Romney, he won't blow this election when he has said himself he's got it won. Yeah, that's it.

Don't worry. Trump said he'll self-fund his own Presidential campaign. In fact, he said he prefers it that way. I mean, in his own words, he's got $10B. A billion here and there is no bid deal. Unlike Hillary, he doesn't lie. Unlike Romney, he won't blow this election when he has said himself he's got it won. Yeah, that's it.

Except he didn't say that at all..

I knew you would continue it.
I don't care what you think you knew. You were corrected again.
I have no problem pointing that out, over, and over again.

Lame post.

The numbers speak for themselves.
Yes your post is lame, very much so. Thank you for confirming that before I pointed it out.
And yes the numbers do speak. His campaign is not broke.
That you do not understand that is sad.
It is also sad that you do not understand the overall context of him trying to get the GOP to do what they are supposed to do.

Trump says he's self funding his campaign -- it's his money. His supporters said that he was not beholden to special interests. Now they'll have to drop that defense and move on to something else, it would appear. More likely they'll reinvent history and claim he never said that he's self funding his own campaign or that they ever said he wasn't beholden to special interests. Because the job of being a trump supporter demands the daily reshaping of the past to fit the narrative of the day.

?Self-funding? Trump turns to big-bucks donors in L.A. - San Francisco Chronicle

“I’m self-funding my own campaign,” Trump said after the Iowa caucuses. “It’s my money.”

But fundraisers like Wednesday’s are something new. They’re part of the Trump pivot to the general election: With Clinton on track to raise $1 billion for her White House run, Trump is all but forced to turn to wealthy contributors. He has 50 more fundraisers lined up.

“This is a central point of his campaign and he’s completely reversing himself on it,” said Richard Skinner, a policy analyst at the nonpartisan Sunlight Foundation, which analyzes the role of money in politics. “You could say it’s hypocritical, or inconsistent, or disingenuous. All those words would be appropriate.”

"Hypocritical?" "Inconsistent?" "Disingenuous?" Sacrebleu! That is completely unlike him!

Back
Top Bottom