• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Approval Thread

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Now before righties get too excited this thread is meant for lefties only. What one thing (or more) do you approve of something Trump has done? No jokes or sarcasm are allowed. Serious posts only. Righties can only rebut things lefties have said.

I approve of the fact that he will be leaving soon, either in cuffs or without.

Does that count?

I approve that he appointed John Kelly as head babysitter Chief of Staff. I can only hope the next one is up for that task.

if he pulls US troops out of Syria like he is indicating that he will, i will support that. i have supported ending undeclared wars for some time now.

if he pulls US troops out of Syria like he is indicating that he will, i will support that. i have supported ending undeclared wars for some time now.

IMO we need to get out of not only Syria, but also Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not an isolationist, but I abhor the idea we are some sort of World Policeman with American lives.

I approved of the air strike in Syria a while back even though we didn't actually affect anything. I also approve of the new prison reform bill that Trump talked McConnell into voting on.

IMO we need out of not only Syria, but also Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not an isolationist, but I abhor the idea we are some sort of World Policeman with American lives.

i agree. i would also argue for actually declaring a state of war before action is taken from now on.

Now before righties get too excited this thread is meant for lefties only. What one thing (or more) do you approve of something Trump has done? No jokes or sarcasm are allowed. Serious posts only. Righties can only rebut things lefties have said.

Sorry I’m not going to abide by your rules of only lefties. I approve of his support for the prison reform bill. I would say I also approve of his saying he wanted to make fixing veteran affairs issues, but that seems to just be words and not actions.

There is a list floating somewhere of trumps so called “accomplishments” but the things that I consider “positive” on that list are things trump didn’t have anything to do with.

I approve of his efforts to improve the American economy, revitalize American industry, bring jobs back to America from overseas, tax reform, fair trade, criminal justice reform, immigration reform, and border security. I am also happy with his attempts to negate the Obama apology tour by standing up to EU and UN globalism as well as North Korean and Chinese bullying.

Last edited:

Supporting the ban on bump stocks.

This might be the shortest thread in history. :lol:

Sorry I’m not going to abide by your rules of only lefties. I approve of his support for the prison reform bill. I would say I also approve of his saying he wanted to make fixing veteran affairs issues, but that seems to just be words and not actions.

There is a list floating somewhere of trumps so called “accomplishments” but the things that I consider “positive” on that list are things trump didn’t have anything to do with.

Couldn’t control TDS any longer could you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a thread like this has been posted many times before. Why do you feel the need to make us like him??? I didn't see Obama supporters making threads like this. Why can't you get it through your heads that some people just don't like anything about this President. Even the good things that I like that he's done has been either embroiled in controversies (like Net Neutrality) or teeters on the edge of unethical, immoral, and illegal behavior (Facebook/CA/messaging)

Not to mention that he already was a morally bankrupt person before he entered politics.

For not (yet) starting a war to try and cover his corrupt and failed presidency.

LOL!!

Seriously?

"No jokes or sarcasm"? "Serious posts only"?

You expect WAAAY too much out of lefties.

Renegotiating NAFTA. It was time to revisit that treaty. The only "but" I have with that is the drama.

Couldn’t control TDS any longer could you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don’t have Trump Defense Syndrome (TDS) like you do.

I approve of the gun stock ban and his willingness to legalize marijuana, which may happen now that Sessions is gone.

LOL!!

Seriously?

"No jokes or sarcasm"? "Serious posts only"?

You expect WAAAY too much out of lefties.

Says the birther and one of the key leaders of the Flynn is innocent club.

But Trump picked Sessions to be AG so....

Yes, I know that. But he talked about possibly legalizing marijuana even while Sessions was in office.

I gave honest answers to the question in the OP. I was always able to list positive things done or said by all Presidents in my lifetime, even the ones I didn't vote for or support.

Prison reform bill
Appointing Mattis as SECDEF
Save Our Seas Act
Patient’s Right To Know Drug Prices Act
Got further with North Korea than predecessors. Baby steps, but something.
VA Mission Act

And the biggest of all: no new wars...so far

Back
Top Bottom