• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Approval Thread

Why do you constantly try to find something positive about Dear Leader??? Having trouble on your own so you need lefty advice???

Why do you constantly try to find something negative about Dear Leader??? It is so much of a total obsession that you had to change your username to reflect it.

That depends on perspective.

The markets were far better last year. I didn't expect the sugar high from the tax cuts and the 1.3 trillion spending bill (GOP policies more than Trump, really) to fizzle out this fast, but it may have. We seem to be in the beginning of a contraction that I didn't expect until late next year at the earliest.

The reason the stock market is going down is because the fed is raising interest rates to slow down an economy that is literally doing too good. The contraction you are talking about is not the economy, it is the stock market. You know, that thing that benefits the one percenters at a disproportionate rate.

I approve of Trump resigning, dropping dead or having a stroke. Is that so bad?

That's actually quite disgusting. As much as I hate many on the far left I never wish they would drop dead or have a stroke. Somehow comments like that should be against forum rules. Others on the left should call you out for disgusting behavior.

The reason the stock market is going down is because the fed is raising interest rates to slow down an economy that is literally doing too good. The contraction you are talking about is not the economy, it is the stock market. You know, that thing that benefits the one percenters at a disproportionate rate.

Rates are part of it. Trump's trade policies are another part of it.

The markets are an indicator for the overall economy, but you are right in that they aren't "the economy". I also agree that the tax cuts and spending package overheated the economy.

Gorsuch. Kavanaugh. Especially Kavanaugh, because it showed what despicable a-holes Democrats can be.

Might have Ginsburg coming up in 2019. The left will have another cow. I wish Trump would name a very conservative woman who would overturn RvW and see how the Democrats tear her apart.

Rates are part of it. Trump's trade policies are another part of it.

The markets are an indicator for the overall economy, but you are right in that they aren't "the economy". I also agree that the tax cuts and spending package overheated the economy.

Trump's trade policies will be over and done with by the middle of the year, at which time things will be better than they were before. Trump's trade policies got us a better NAFTA and the whole entire world has complained about China with us being the only ones with the balls to confront them over it.

Yes, does that trigger you?

Doesn't trigger me but it shows everyone on the board you are only filled with 100% bias and that your posts are not of any value to discussion or debate. I find it funny that some of you extreme lefties and even extreme righties on DP simply seem to have no clue that their posts are damaging to your very own side or position because they show you are totally unreasonable. You chase away any moderates or independents from being influenced by your opinions as your posts are immediately dismissed for their total and complete one sided bias. The only reason you are here is to get patted on the back by the few who are as extreme as you.

Doesn't trigger me but it shows everyone on the board you are only filled with 100% bias and that your posts are not of any value to discussion or debate. I find it funny that some of you extreme lefties and even extreme righties on DP simply seem to have no clue that their posts are damaging to your very own side or position because they show you are totally unreasonable. You chase away any moderates or independents from being influenced by your opinions as your posts are immediately dismissed for their total and complete one sided bias. The only reason you are here is to get patted on the back by the few who are as extreme as you.

Speak for yourself. His posts don't chase away moderates. And you need to stop pretending you're a moderate. You're as positive about Trump as he is negative about Trump. That's a fact. And there is nothing moderate about it.

The reason he is here is the same reason we're all here - to debate politics.

Speak for yourself. His posts don't chase away moderates. And you need to stop pretending you're a moderate. You're as positive about Trump as he is negative about Trump. That's a fact. And there is nothing moderate about it.

The reason he is here is the same reason we're all here - to debate politics.

Oh please. His posts chase away ALL moderates.

Actually all I seem to do is piss off Trump supporters.

Anything that reduces the draconian "tough on crime" federal sentencing that did nothing constructive is good, so the prison reform bill sounds good.

Other than that, he can go to hell. Ordinarily I'd like the idea of pulling out of a foreign country, but at this point we seriously owe the Kurds and we may find ourselves needing them in the future. An abrupt withdrawal screws them.

Why do you constantly try to find something negative about Dear Leader??? It is so much of a total obsession that you had to change your username to reflect it.

The only people who might conceivably find it necessary to "try" to find something negative about Trump are those who still remain his loyal base.

Trump's trade policies will be over and done with by the middle of the year, at which time things will be better than they were before. Trump's trade policies got us a better NAFTA and the whole entire world has complained about China with us being the only ones with the balls to confront them over it.

What about the new NAFTA was worth all of the market turmoil and the 12 billion farm welfare check? We'll see if it stabilizes next year.

As for China, we do need to be tougher on them. I'm just not sure that Trump's methods are going to see positive results. China steals our tech because we (the tech sector and the gubment) let them do it. If that were cut down it would be nice. As for the whole idea of Chinese factories closing and coming here, that isn't happening. If it did, the negatives (increased pollution and product cost) would likely outweigh the gains.

“So besides that, what did you think of the show, Mrs. Lincoln?”

Back
Top Bottom