• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The True RUMSFELD Iraq story

Jack Dawson

Reaction score
A 1SG in Iraq has words for Mr. Rumsfeld (1SG stands for First Sergeant)
Subject: A 1SG in Iraq has words for Mr. Rumsfeld Subject: Secretary Rumsfelds visit to Iraq.....not newsworthy, just one 1SG's opinion To All. This is a shotgun blast response to the media reports on Secretary Rumsfeld's visit to our Camp. I was fortunate enough to be there and even shake the man's hand. When the media reports were released concerning the event, I could not believe what I saw and heard. There are over
12,000 troops on our base. Only 2,000 or so had the opportunity to attend the gathering and I can tell you, those were hotly contested seats.

Not as the media would have you believe, so we could voice our displeasure, but rather to have the opportunity to see and hear the man we admire. Mr. Secretary spoke for 10 minutes or so on the war in Iraq and what freedom meant to the people of Afghanistan. He was there for the recent elections and shared his wonderful insight. After his prepared remarks he opened up the floor for questions and made it very clear that nothing was off limits.

Folks, this is extremely unusual for a dignitary to do. Also, we as leaders, were instructed to not screen our soldiers questions.
They were to be honest and from the heart. Mr. Rumsfeld fielded a number of questions, took down notes for the ones he did not have answers to and genuinely enjoyed talking to the soldiers. Afterward, he spent over an hour with the enthusiastic troops who literally mobbed him and would not let him leave. He smiled for all, shook hands and had pictures taken. It ended only when his security forced us away.

He was applauded, he was given a standing ovation and he was loved. He stood there like a professional, like a man, and he took the heat because that's what leaders do. And yet somehow, the American media turned that wonderful event into a "disgruntled troops meet with Secretary Rumsfeld" headline. Incredible.

The morale is high, the equipment is good and improving daily.
Disregard what you read and hear from the media and trust in the American fighting men and women to do the right thing. We have excellent leadership and are doing what we signed up to do.

1SG Timmy Rikard

Jack, do you have a link?

This is the type of story we all love to hear. Unfortunatly, they are getting few and far between.

I still think that Rummy is doing an excellent job!

I agree that Rumsfeld is doing a good job overall. Sometimes I just don't understand the liberal media. They're so negative. I applaud Mr. Rumsfeld and the troops. :applaud

not to mention much of the miltary's short comings can be directly blamed on the clinton budget cuts ;)

Rumsfield...leave already. That's all I have to say.

pwo said:
I agree that Rumsfeld is doing a good job overall. Sometimes I just don't understand the liberal media. They're so negative. I applaud Mr. Rumsfeld and the troops. :applaud
That's fine, but don't blame just the liberal media, looky here:

From Newsmax:
Disgruntled Troops Complain to Rumsfeld
CAMP BUEHRING, Kuwait – Disgrunted U.S. soldiers complained to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Wednesday about the lack of armor for their vehicles and long deployments, drawing a blunt retort from the Pentagon chief.

From FoxNews:
Rumsfeld Grilled by Troops
CAMP BUEHRING, Kuwait — In a rare public airing of grievances, disgruntled soldiers complained to Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld on Wednesday about long deployments and a lack of armored vehicles and other equipment

I'd like to see a link as well.. I can't hold this as 100% truth till a link is presented.

I do not have a big liking of Mr RedRum.

Back
Top Bottom