• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The trouble with Trump

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I don't mind so much that he's a big mouth with an obnoxious personality. I don't believe he is even slightly racist. I don't mind that he's a womanizer. I don't even mind his ugly orange face or stupid hair.

Considering how much I hate the Democrats, there was even a slight chance I would vote for him.

But no, I won't. He has proven to be a money moron. He grew up in a rich family and never had to struggle on his own, unlike most of us. He has no concern about putting this country into a staggeringly enormous debt that can never be repaid.

Yes I know this is a big emergency. But stopping the payroll tax makes NO SENSE. People who are paying these taxes have jobs, so they are not desperate. The desperate people are the ones who lost their jobs because of the lockdowns.

Forgiving student loans sounds nice, but it will just add more hardship to the taxpayers and is unfair to everyone who already paid back all or most of their loans.

Trump is doing all this so voters will think he is compassionate and cares. Maybe, but more likely he thinks it will get him votes.

Maybe, but he will also lose a lot of votes. Everyone getting Social Security and Medicare will be scared, if they have any sense.

Maybe the Modern Monetary Theorists got to Trump and convinced him no worries the Fed can print as much money as needed.

It's all terribly scary. Not that I expect Biden to have any sense when it comes to money either.

I don't mind so much that he's a big mouth with an obnoxious personality. I don't believe he is even slightly racist. I don't mind that he's a womanizer. I don't even mind his ugly orange face or stupid hair.

Considering how much I hate the Democrats, there was even a slight chance I would vote for him.

But no, I won't. He has proven to be a money moron. He grew up in a rich family and never had to struggle on his own, unlike most of us. He has no concern about putting this country into a staggeringly enormous debt that can never be repaid.

Why are you blaming him?

It is up to the Congress to determine tax and spend. Yet the Democrats keep using these "stimulus bills" to include non-stimulus poison pills.

Then everyone blames the Republicans and Trump when they refuse to go along.

I agree that simply not collecting payroll taxes is just deferring the pain. That even if Trump wins and manages to get Congress to agree to not collect them later...they have to be made up somehow. By some other future tax, or borrowing.

But IMO Trump was the one who was pulling us out of the economic dumps pre-Covid, so I'd trust him to do so in the future.

More so than the "tax, spend, and giveaway" Democrats anyway.

Why are you blaming him?

It is up to the Congress to determine tax and spend. Yet the Democrats keep using these "stimulus bills" to include non-stimulus poison pills.

I agree that simply not collecting payroll taxes is just deferring the pain. That even if Trump wins and manages to get Congress to agree to not collect them later...they have to be made up somehow. By some other future tax, or borrowing.

But IMO Trump was the one who was pulling us out of the economic dumps pre-Covid, so I'd trust him to do so in the future.

Yeah it’s not like Trump has this thing called a veto. It’s amazing how trump supporters suck his ass because they have forgotten how the government works. :coffeepap

Why are you blaming him?

Yeah, like the billions for FBI HQ building fiasco Trump has been trying to sneak in for his hotel to have less competition?

But IMO Trump was the one who was pulling us out of the economic dumps pre-Covid

He hardly changed Obama recovery trajectory but of course you would not see it.

Unlike tax-cut corporate tax and taxes used by top 0.01% with special loopholes for real estate developers and other companies in Trump Org... or unlike the war spending that I am sure you blame Obama for but was really Bush wars continuing on into Obama years. And yes, Trump had been itching to start wars as well but top military had managed to hide the options from him and calm him down on some of his "stable genius" war plans. Wonder if they manage to avoid it in the next 4 years.

Yeah it’s not like Trump has this thing called a veto. It’s amazing how trump supporters suck his ass because they have forgotten how the government works.

Ever heard the line "teach your grandmother to suck eggs?" That's what your little ad hominem jab reminded me of. :roll:

Neither party is going to send up a bill they know will be vetoed unless the moving Party has a veto-proof majority in both the House and Senate.

It won't get past whichever Party controls the Senate if that is also the Party of the seated President. Not unless everyone agrees to the language in the Bill, and the President has no objections.

That's why in a divided Congress, they have to COOPERATE in order to get bills passed.

Perhaps it is YOU who needs to learn how government works? :coffeepap:

Why are you blaming him?

You mean like adding spending for fighter jets and attack helicopters? Oh sorry, wrong party.

Ever heard the line "teach your grandmother to suck eggs?" That's what your little ad hominem jab reminded me of. :roll:

Neither party is going to send up a bill they know will be vetoed unless the moving Party has a veto-proof majority in both the House and Senate.

It won't get past whichever Party controls the Senate if that is also the Party of the seated President. Not unless everyone agrees to the language in the Bill, and the President has no objections.

That's why in a divided Congress, they have to COOPERATE in order to get bills passed.

Perhaps it is YOU who needs to learn how government works? :coffeepap:

None of your regurgitated, idiotic nonsense stops trump from vetoing a bill he doesn’t approve of. Yet again your comments are ignorant and idiotic nonsense, demonstrative of your support of trump over country and proving again that you Trump supporters will do anything to defend your false god Trump and spit on this country :coffeepap:

Learn how the government works and stop trying to make Trump a victim over the choices he makes. He approved of it and signed it all. No amount of your lying changes that. :coffeepap:

Back
Top Bottom