• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

***The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics***

Will you watch the Tokyo Summer Olympics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not this thread but you are the only poster here who has followed me around to dispute the facts I post for your edification.
the stuff you post on gun threads is not edifying nor interesting. And few posters agree with you. I want to talk about the olympics on this thread. Some good archery matches going on now on CNBC

I care about them. That's the neat thing about the olympics. people get to see athletes who aren't constantly splashed across US TV sets.
That's fine that you care about them. I care about a lot of people I don't need to mention on an internet forum. Why do you need to constantly name drop?

Honestly I’m an Olympics junkie, especially the winter games. I far prefer individual sports to team sports tbh especially ones that get no tv time. I also have a preference for sports I played in my youth so I’ll be watching weightlifting and the field events.

the stuff you post on gun threads is not edifying nor interesting. And few posters agree with you. I want to talk about the olympics on this thread. Some good archery matches going on now on CNBC

Hey, do you know when the men BB team plays? I missed the lost to France.

If I watch, I feel I can will them to victory.

Of course I felt the same about the Net's but I was an inch short. :cry:

Hey, do you know when the men BB team plays? I missed the lost to France.

If I watch, I feel I can will them to victory.

Of course I felt the same about the Net's but I was an inch short. :cry:
try here-seems to be the best site

If they do hold the Olympics I'm only going to watch the transgender (men turned women) compete.Seeing him win a gold medal and get a bouquet of roses gives me chills.
Is your life that slow?

The tiny little nation of San Marino won its first ever medal, I love it when this happens. So far we have had Bermuda win its first gold, Philippines winning its first gold, Kosovo winning two golds, Fiji winning its first gold, Thailand winning a gold, Ecuador, Tunisia, North Macedonia, Jordan and Kuwait winning medals. I'm still pulling for Palau and East Timor...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/san-marino-alessandra-perilli-first-olympic-medal-065448549.html

The tiny little nation of San Marino won its first ever medal, I love it when this happens. So far we have had Bermuda win its first gold, Philippines winning its first gold, Kosovo winning two golds, Fiji winning its first gold, Thailand winning a gold, Ecuador, Tunisia, North Macedonia, Jordan and Kuwait winning medals. I'm still pulling for Palau and East Timor...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/san-marino-alessandra-perilli-first-olympic-medal-065448549.html
In San Marino trap shooting is popular and that is where the first medal was won. Italy is the world power in that-didn't get any of the medals this time in ladies trap

In San Marino trap shooting is popular and that is where the first medal was won. Italy is the world power in that-didn't get any of the medals this time in ladies trap
I've been to Italy twice, always wanted to see Andorra and San Marino, but was on the wrong side of the country. I did hit Vatican City, and I once connected and spent the night in Luxemborg, but had zero time to see anything.

I've been to Italy twice, always wanted to see Andorra and San Marino, but was on the wrong side of the country. I did hit Vatican City, and I once connected and spent the night in Luxemborg, but had zero time to see anything.
I hear it is lovely-never been there. One of the big stops on the world trap/skeet tour is held in Italy. Many of the top competitors use Italian made shotguns, with Beretta and Perazzi being the most popular choices

Guess you must have thought Trump should have cancelled all his rallies and not held those WH parties. Mind you I don't recall you saying that.
Perhaps the Texas House democrats should have canceled their no charter flights to DC?

It is close to being over but anyone who hasn't seen high level table tennis ought to turn on NBCSP for the women's final (between two Chinese-world1 vs world2)

She is going to skip the all-around individual too.
She will be praised more in the coming weeks more than any US athlete that wins a gold medal.
A striking example of the free-fall decline of this country.

I can see how the majority of Olympic onlookers will give her a pass on this.
My two favorite boxers of all time were Ray Robinson & Roberto Duran.
After Duran had his 'no mas' moment losing his rematch with Leonard he was still a favorite of mine &
went on to further success with a huge comeback, winning the Junior Middleweight championship
over Davey Moore & the again becoming the Middleweight champ beating Saquon Barkley's uncle
Iran Barkley.

Maybe Biles will regain her GOAT status & dominate again, who knows!

Never the GOAT again. She'll need to turn in her GOAT card.

She will be praised more in the coming weeks more than any US athlete that wins a gold medal.
A striking example of the free-fall decline of this country.

I can see how the majority of Olympic onlookers will give her a pass on this.
My two favorite boxers of all time were Ray Robinson & Roberto Duran.
After Duran had his 'no mas' moment losing his rematch with Leonard he was still a favorite of mine &
went on to further success with a huge comeback, winning the Junior Middleweight championship
over Davey Moore & the again becoming the Middleweight champ beating Saquon Barkley's uncle
Iran Barkley.

Maybe Biles will regain her GOAT status & dominate again, who knows!

What are you all looking forward to watching next?

Yeah, I know. I watch the events I normally follow outside the olympics. I do like gymnastics but especially without fans, most of the olympic events are boring to me.

So none of the same sports I like to watch. I get bored watching those.

Yeah, I know. I watch the events I normally follow outside the Olympics. I do like gymnastics but especially without fans, most of the Olympic events are boring to me.

Gymnastics does not need fans. They only cheer after the routine is over. But you bet they would have gone crazy when a Japanese gymnast won gold yesterday.

For me the Olympics is for watching sports I can't watch any other time. They are my only chances to watch artistic swimming, gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, and diving. (Can you figure out why I like them?)

Back
Top Bottom