• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

***The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics***

Will you watch the Tokyo Summer Olympics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
puts a bit of tarnish in the GOAT label so many bestowed upon her. Japan's most famous athlete Naomi Osaka, crashed and burned as well.
Or she added to that label. How many athletes would have done the opposite and let their pride make the decision. She put the Team first.
A young lady who has accomplished so much, the most gymnastic medals in history. It would be hard to imagine some of the issues she is personally dealing with, are not related to that Larry Nassar bastard.

Americans owe her a standing ovation for her career her personal strength and her guts. GOAT? No question about it.

In spite of the fact you have yahoos like Charlie Kirk crawling out of the woodwork making an ass of himself, I am sure the vast majority of Americans will celebrate Simone.

Hopefully they will also make Charlie, and his ilk, feel some embarrassment and shame, if that is possible.

Or she added to that label. How many athletes would have done the opposite and let their pride make the decision. She put the Team first.
A young lady who has accomplished so much, the most gymnastic medals in history. It would be hard to imagine some of the issues she is personally dealing with, are not related to that Larry Nassar bastard.

Americans owe her a standing ovation for her career her personal strength and her guts. GOAT? No question about it.

In spite of the fact you have yahoos like Charlie Kirk crawling out of the woodwork making an ass of himself, I am sure the vast majority of Americans will celebrate Simone.

Hopefully they will also make Charlie, and his ilk, feel some embarrassment and shame, if that is possible.
I give her the benefit of the doubt the more I have learned of the facts. Her teammates are the only ones she owes explanations to. Not me, not you and certainly not NBC

since 1984 or so, China has invested a huge amount of resources in "soft sports" such as diving, in order to bolster their medal count.

somebody wanted to troll because they were upset I know some of the Olympic athletes. Which makes sense given I am a national level coach and a national level judge of an Olympic sport and I frequently judge tournaments involving our Olympic team in that sport
I believe they were joking you, since you were name dropping bow and arrow dudes and clay pigeon shooters.

I guess I’ll be watching none of the Olympics.

The USA and China lead in metals. Go figure. Big deal. It’s like Alabama and Clemson in college football....who cares?

I do! Clemson is in the ACC. Alabama is in the SEC.

her team mates did not seem angry with her but who knows. In a sport like that, if you sell out your teammates, I suspect there would be hell to pay, so I am going to give her the benefit of any doubt
Biden will give her a WOKE medal when she gets back to the States.
If she enters and wins the individual, she will look even worse for quitting on her team..

I believe they were joking you, since you were name dropping bow and arrow dudes and clay pigeon shooters.
one poster tends to try to troll many of my posts. I know exactly what he is doing. I suspect he is upset that I actually know a lot about these issues having been an elite shooter years ago, and now a national judge and coach in another Olympic sport.

Biden will give her a WOKE medal when she gets back to the States.
If she enters and wins the individual, she will look even worse for quitting on her team..
she pulled out of the all-around which is the real glamor event in gymnastics and where the big bucks endorsements come from. Other than perhaps the men's 100 meter and Decathalon champion, few medals are more valuable for endorsements than being the ladies all-around gymnastics champion.

Nothing but respect and admiration for Simon Biles here.

It's disgraceful the way some citizens of her own Country are treating her.

Absolutely. I know the people criticizing her don't see a difference between the all-around team finals, all-around individual finals, and (probably) winning separate medals for the bars, vault, beam, and floor. Well, the way gymnastics scoring works is not how other sports such as artistic swimming and diving are scared.

It will be interesting to see if the COVID protocols have had any impact on the Anti-Doping protocols. At every Olympics, after the first week or so, you start seeing reports of athletes who got busted for Doping. With Russia being forced to compete as the ROC, due to doping violations in the past, it might be interesting

one poster tends to try to troll many of my posts. I know exactly what he is doing. I suspect he is upset that I actually know a lot about these issues having been an elite shooter years ago, and now a national judge and coach in another Olympic sport.
Or he's laughing at the fact that you think considering yourself an "elite shooter" and a "national judge" is something to brag about. But keep dropping names of no one has ever heard of, we're all impressed. :rolleyes:

BTW wonderful effort by Katie Ledecky though .4 short as three teams destroyed the world record in the 4 x 200 FS.

one poster tends to try to troll many of my posts.
isn't this what you do with mine? Have I not had to ask you to stop?

Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Peace

Or he's laughing at the fact that you think considering yourself an "elite shooter" and a "national judge" is something to brag about. But keep dropping names of no one has ever heard of, we're all impressed. :rolleyes:
I love watching such self esteem issues. I don't care if you haven't heard of them. when the issue is sports, it is relevant. You seem to think talking about your military service all the time matters.

isn't this what you do with mine? Have I not had to ask you to stop?

Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Peace
what are you talking about-I haven't attacked anything you have said on this thread. You seem to not understand attacking bad arguments with trolling

what are you talking about-I haven't attacked anything you have said on this thread. You seem to not understand attacking bad arguments with trolling
Not this thread but you are the only poster here who has followed me around to dispute the facts I post for your edification.

I love watching such self esteem issues. I don't care if you haven't heard of them. when the issue is sports, it is relevant. You seem to think talking about your military service all the time matters.
I wasn't talking about my military service, but it speaks volumes you seem to need to mention it. Your self esteem issues seem to revolve around knowing Olympic athletes in sports nobody cares about. Why is that?

And that is the crown jewel of all the events she was originally intending to compete in.

I always hear "all-around final" as if Simone Biles has not ruled out wining gold for only her beam, vault, bars, and floor routines separately.

My favorite gymnastics events are women's floor and beam.

I wasn't talking about my military service, but it speaks volumes you seem to need to mention it. Your self esteem issues seem to revolve around knowing Olympic athletes in sports nobody cares about. Why is that?
I care about them. That's the neat thing about the olympics. people get to see athletes who aren't constantly splashed across US TV sets.

I always hear "all-around final" as if Simone Biles has not ruled out wining gold for only her beam, vault, bars, and floor routines separately.
Yes, but wouldn't you agree that the most celebrated athletes of the summer games is the all around ladies champion. Now if someone were to win every single individual event (has that ever been done) that would be interesting

Back
Top Bottom