• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

***The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics***

Will you watch the Tokyo Summer Olympics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL... you can post lies all day if you want.
and you are left to impotently claim I am lying when you don't have a shred of evidence to back up your pathetic attacks. Trolling is all you have left

and you are left to impotently claim I am lying when you don't have a shred of evidence to back up your pathetic attacks. Trolling is all you have left
When I was younger we were having lunch at John Wayne's house and he told us about how he always felt insecure being a role model.

When I was younger we were having lunch at John Wayne's house and he told us about how he always felt insecure being a role model.
do you think constantly lying is an effective way to post here? or chasing another poster around and lying about him?

do you think constantly lying is an effective way to post here? or chasing another poster around and lying about him?
Our family was friends with the Wayne family. Newport Beach, CA. Big Canyon.

Sorry that he is more famous and important than anybody that you ever knew. LOL

well that is yet again a lie. but then again, that is consistent

well that is yet again a lie. but then again, that is consistent
I would have thought that a person that posts lies as much as you do would know the truth when you saw it... but perhaps a person that spends their life lying gets caught up thinking that most things are lies... anyway. Post whatever you like... bye.

I would have thought that a person that posts lies as much as you do would know the truth when you saw it... but perhaps a person that spends their life lying gets caught up thinking that most things are lies... anyway. Post whatever you like... bye.
you have never ever proven I have lied. So you stalk my posts and try to troll

it is pathetic

She did not rule out competing in all four individual events.
Yes, I am well aware... if her metal condition (if she looks like she will win) permits ;)

If she is not mentally up to it, she should not have taken someone else place.

If Simone Biles was not mentally up to it, she would have quit the team before they started packing for the flight to Tokyo.

I may watch women‘s gymnastics only when Simon Biles is on because she’s hot. I have no interest in gymnastics otherwise.
I guess I’ll be watching none of the Olympics.

The USA and China lead in metals. Go figure. Big deal. It’s like Alabama and Clemson in college football....who cares?

I guess I’ll be watching none of the Olympics.

So the only athlete you care about is Simone Biles?

I want Team USA to win no matter who is competing. It will be easy to watch her replacement Thursday night.

I want Team USA to win no matter who is competing. It will be easy to watch her replacement Thursday night.
Same here.

I have been rather upset as on my Facebook feed these hate posts of the US women's soccer team keep popping up.

They always use old photos showing some members of the team taking a knee.

Out of context and nothing to do with the current team or what is happening.

Pathetic.

And yes, it's the deplorables.

What makes this even worse is that many of the posted comment are people I know from the soccer business. Yes, folks that make a living in soccer with vile comments about the WNT!

The closest I ever got was when the boat's captain pointed Wayne's house out when we floated by it, lol. But I did end up in a supermarket line behind Hal Holbrook and his daughter once! He was quiet and courteous; his daughter was a sullen, complaining brat.

Decades ago, mind you; lots of celebrities I've seen in person over the years, but I do not miss living in So. Calif. one bit!

America won silver in men's synchronized springboard diving after doing the same dive that earned us the gold medal in Rio. China managed to stay on top despite a terrible performance in the last round.

I am looking forward to the platform events.

The closest I ever got was when the boat's captain pointed Wayne's house out when we floated by it, lol. But I did end up in a supermarket line behind Hal Holbrook and his daughter once! He was quiet and courteous; his daughter was a sullen, complaining brat.

Decades ago, mind you; lots of celebrities I've seen in person over the years, but I do not miss living in So. Calif. one bit!
I was giving somebody a bit of their own medicine with that post but it is actually all true. Been to his house a few times... of course, I was 3 or 4 years old or so. I have met hundreds of celebrities and sports stars due to where I lived but mostly where I worked... 5 Star places in Newport, Napa, Sonoma County, etc. And I agree... I do not miss SoCal at all. I miss some familiarities like the HB Pier, In and Out Burger, Taco Mesa, Barnes and Noble... etc. But the place itself with all the people and roads and traffic is a mess I am glad to have left behind.

America won silver in men's synchronized springboard diving after doing the same dive that earned us the gold medal in Rio. China managed to stay on top despite a terrible performance in the last round.

I am looking forward to the platform events.
since 1984 or so, China has invested a huge amount of resources in "soft sports" such as diving, in order to bolster their medal count.
I was giving somebody a bit of their own medicine with that post but it is actually all true. Been to his house a few times... of course, I was 3 or 4 years old or so. I have met hundreds of celebrities and sports stars due to where I lived but mostly where I worked... 5 Star places in Newport, Napa, Sonoma County, etc. And I agree... I do not miss SoCal at all. I miss some familiarities like the HB Pier, In and Out Burger, Taco Mesa, Barnes and Noble... etc. But the place itself with all the people and roads and traffic is a mess I am glad to have left behind.
somebody wanted to troll because they were upset I know some of the Olympic athletes. Which makes sense given I am a national level coach and a national level judge of an Olympic sport and I frequently judge tournaments involving our Olympic team in that sport

Oh, I believe you. You lived in HB and I lived in Fountain Valley; one of The Righteous Brothers came into city hall to pay their water bill once, lol. Lots of celebs in Orange Co, especially close to the beach.

If Simone Biles was not mentally up to it, she would have quit the team before they started packing for the flight to Tokyo.
Hard to say-she might not have realized she had any issues before. and I am not sure how to judge her actions -on one side someone can claim she put herself ahead of her team and on the other side, she may well have thought she might fail the team and harm their chances.

Hard to say-she might not have realized she had any issues before. and I am not sure how to judge her actions -on one side someone can claim she put herself ahead of her team and on the other side, she may well have thought she might fail the team and harm their chances.
Simone has done so much for gymnastics it is hard to judge her harshly.
I give her a bye on this one.

Simone has done so much for gymnastics it is hard to judge her harshly.
I give her a bye on this one.
her team mates did not seem angry with her but who knows. In a sport like that, if you sell out your teammates, I suspect there would be hell to pay, so I am going to give her the benefit of any doubt

Oh, I believe you. You lived in HB and I lived in Fountain Valley; one of The Righteous Brothers came into city hall to pay their water bill once, lol. Lots of celebs in Orange Co, especially close to the beach.
Yeah, that is something that people from other areas, especially here, just have a hard to fathoming. Dennis Rodman (of the Bulls) lived down the street from us in Newport. Went to his house for some raging parties and met celebs, etc. It is almost kinda normal to see them. I worked in Fashion Island's California Pizza Kitchen when it was on of only two of them in the world... celebs all the time. In a weird way you just kinda get used to it. Waited on Donald Sutherland a few times... A Hole. But why is it Fountain Valley? LOL. there are no fountains and there is not a hill in sight, much less a valley!!

@Bodi, lol, I don't know but we're derailing the Olympics thread, so gonna' drop out here. Talk to you later!

Nothing but respect and admiration for Simone Biles here.

It's disgraceful the way some citizens of her own Country are treating her.

Back
Top Bottom