• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

***The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics***

Will you watch the Tokyo Summer Olympics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is a dish hopper?
The Hopper is the device that comes with DISH, the brains. I can watch four events at once, though I am watching MLB in the upper right corner. That JUDO match was good. I coached wrestling my whole teaching career. TD and I have much in common here.

She will be praised more in the coming weeks more than any US athlete that wins a gold medal.
A striking example of the free-fall decline of this country.

I can see how the majority of Olympic onlookers will give her a pass on this.
My two favorite boxers of all time were Ray Robinson & Roberto Duran.
After Duran had his 'no mas' moment losing his rematch with Leonard he was still a favorite of mine &
went on to further success with a huge comeback, winning the Junior Middleweight championship
over Davey Moore & the again becoming the Middleweight champ beating Saquon Barkley's uncle
Iran Barkley.

Maybe Biles will regain her GOAT status & dominate again, who knows!
The only free-fall decline in this Xtry is due to your ilk skunking up this thread.

Bathing suits ...

Gymnastics does not need fans. They only cheer after the routine is over. But you bet they would have gone crazy when a Japanese gymnast won gold yesterday.

For me the Olympics is for watching sports I can't watch any other time. They are my only chances to watch artistic swimming, gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, and diving. (Can you figure out why I like them?)

i just noticed a ROC women's volleyball player who can, if she hasn't already, make a TON of $$$$ in endorsements. she has the look...

Nataliya Goncharova​

i just noticed a ROC women's volleyball player who can, if she hasn't already, make a TON of $$$$ in endorsements. she has the look...

Nataliya Goncharova​

You're spot on!

Nataliya Olegovna Goncharova is a Russian female volleyball player. She played for the Ukraine women's national volleyball team until 2010 when she became part of the Russia women's national volleyball team.[2] She got the highest salary amongst all opposites in the world of volleyball.

Wow. Two American swimmers were way ahead on every stroke until after the third turnaround, then got tired and missed out on gold medals. I could not believe it.

Congratulations to "world's fastest swimmer" Caeleb Dressel on his gold medal (200 meter butterfly).

That is enough speed swimming for me. I watched it because NBC cut to live races to save the best (women's floor routines) for last.

Wow. Two American swimmers were way ahead on every stroke until after the third turnaround, then got tired and missed out on gold medals. I could not believe it.

Congratulations to "world's fastest swimmer" Caeleb Dressel on his gold medal (200 meter butterfly).

That is enough speed swimming for me. I watched it because NBC cut to live races to save the best (women's floor routines) for last.

Watching Dressel's reaction and that of his family was amazing. It was heartwarming.

So for anyone following the gymnastics, the question about Biles competing in the vault on Sunday is now the big unanswered one. If she opts out, MyKala Skinner will end up taking her place, which in spite of my admiration for Biles really makes me smile. I've been following Skinner's career from her earlier days in Elite to her college career in Utah. She failed to make any of the individual events and her Olympics were over, but if Biles opts to not compete in the vault, she will, along with Jade Carey who already qualified to compete.

It will be sad about Biles but amazing for Skinner and her family.

She will be praised more in the coming weeks more than any US athlete that wins a gold medal.

After Duran had his 'no mas' moment losing his rematch with Leonard he was still a favorite of mine &
went on to further success with a huge comeback, winning the Junior Middleweight championship
over Davey Moore & the again becoming the Middleweight champ beating Saquon Barkley's uncle
Iran Barkley.

What Biles suffered is what is known as 'the twisties' in gymnastics circles. It happens to a lot of gymnasts and it can happen once or it can go on for months. It's where you lose your sense of where you are in the air, and it can be scary and dangerous (think landing on your head and breaking your spine). It takes a huge amount of mental strength to put your health and safety first, especially at the Olympics when all eyes are on you.

have we decided not to talk about games/scores in this thread until later in the day (since some people are watching on delay)?

Iran Barkley.

The free fall decline in the US is because you have a decaying infrastructure, ageing population, failing education system and lean heavily on the service industry to provide 70% of your jobs.

It has nothing to do with a 24 year old athlete who by the way is already the most decorated US gymnast ever.

What Biles suffered is what is known as 'the twisties' in gymnastics circles. It happens to a lot of gymnasts and it can happen once or it can go on for months. It's where you lose your sense of where you are in the air, and it can be scary and dangerous (think landing on your head and breaking your spine). It takes a huge amount of mental strength to put your health and safety first, especially at the Olympics when all eyes are on you.
I was unaware of "the twisties" until the last few days.

It does make sense though. It is as if your internal gyroscope went haywire and you are spinning in midair.

So for anyone following the gymnastics, the question about Biles competing in the vault on Sunday is now the big unanswered one. If she opts out, MyKala Skinner will end up taking her place, which in spite of my admiration for Biles really makes me smile. I've been following Skinner's career from her earlier days in Elite to her college career in Utah. She failed to make any of the individual events and her Olympics were over, but if Biles opts to not compete in the vault, she will, along with Jade Carey who already qualified to compete.

It will be sad about Biles but amazing for Skinner and her family.

Jade Carey was the replacement for Simone Biles yesterday. I would expect to see her replace Biles again next week if necessary. Suni Lee just won a gold medal so I can't imagine her skipping out on vault.

Jade Carey was the replacement for Simone Biles yesterday. I would expect to see her replace Biles again next week if necessary. Suni Lee just won a gold medal so I can't imagine her skipping out on vault.

No chance of Lee skipping out. That isn't even in the cards.

Jade Carey is already in the mix for the individual round for the vault (which is Sunday). If Biles opts out, it defaults to MyKayla Skinner. Each country was allowed to send the top 2 to every individual event. Carey made it for the vault and floor. Lee made it for beam and bars. Biles made it for all four.

Have we decided not to talk about games/scores in this thread until later in the day (since some people are watching on delay)?

Caeleb Drissel was shown live yesterday. Almost everything else is probably on delay.

I wait until after I watch an event to talk about events regardless of what time NBC televised them.

Jade Carey is already in the mix for the individual round for the vault (which is Sunday). If Biles opts out, it defaults to MyKayla Skinner. Each country was allowed to send the top 2 to every individual event. Carey made it for the vault and floor. Lee made it for beam and bars. Biles made it for all four.

So Suni Lee did not make it for the vault?

Weird. She was in second place after that one.

For the individual events I didn't think each country got to send 2. Isn't it just the top 12 scores from the prelims.

For the individual events I didn't think each country got to send 2. Isn't it just the top 12 scores from the prelims.

Nope. They only send two from our country.

Individual qualifying is a bit different. In total, 24 gymnasts will be chosen to compete for the all-around title, and eight will be chosen to participate in the finals for each of the four events. The top-scoring qualifiers advance to the event finals.

However, because of what's known as the "two per" rule, no country can have more than two gymnasts participate in each event final, including the all-around final. For example, American gymnast MyKayla Skinner posted the fourth-highest score on the vault (14.866), but scored lower than teammates Biles (15.183) and Carey (15.166), the top two finishers in the event. So, despite Skinner performing better than several other gymnasts, she didn't qualify because of the two per rule.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ath...fications-explained/4uj564nq21c21i2td56wgm695

i have a new favorite Women's player. she will cut off her left ear to win a 50/50.

1627678864215.png

Back
Top Bottom