• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The three greatest countries (possibly in the entire history of the world too) in my opinion...

At this point in my life, after having traveled to over 50 countries, my favorites are:

1. Costa Rica, where I plan to retire to. No Army, no Navy, no military. A peaceful place with good healthcare and its beautiful as hell.
2. Ireland, where I plan to spend more time, as I have a full citizenship and EU citizenship. Lovely people, beautiful country.
3. Iceland, summertime, amazing beauty, highly intelligent people, and good governance.
4. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, they got their stuff together.
5. USA, I love my birthplace, Arizona, and proximity to Coronado and San Diego.
6. Mexico, yeah, it has lots of problems, but I have never ever had one single issue traveling there in at least 50 times, from north to south, Caribbean to Pacific.
7. Thailand, or Vietnam. Culture, food, amazing people, beaches, scuba, and a totally different outlook on life.

If it was based on scenery alone I’d say all of Europe though.

1. FINLAND (hey I am as biased as anyone else)
2. Definitely not Sweden
3. The Yanks are alright, some times.

1. The United States of America
2. Israel
3. The Entire United Kingdom (yes, I'm going to count that as one country for now)

Those are just my opinions. Feel free to post yours.

You write like a "Very Conservative" person.

One of my reasons for choosing the countries I did, was because I believe in they have the best republican forms of government in my opinion for different reasons for each. Mostly their liberal democracies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s it? Minor variations on Democratic models?

America takes in HALF of the world’s immigrants, and that’s only counting those who come in LEGALLY.

Not accurate. Germany alone takes in 70% or so of what we do and they are a much smaller country.

My candidates for the current 3 greatest countries are:

1. Japan.

2. Iceland.

3. Norway.

I chose these countries because (a) They have very low crime rates, (b) everyone shares the same cultural traits, and (c) there is domestic harmony.

I very much hope that they take steps to stay that way.

2. Israel
3. The Entire United Kingdom (yes, I'm going to count that as one country for now)

Unless 'great' is meticulously defined - a near impossible task - answering this question is impossible to answer. Here is a random selection of just a few I have liked being in: Botswana, Canada, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Korea, Singapore, Malta, New Zealand. I could say of any of these "A really great place".

My candidates for the current 3 greatest countries are:

1. Japan.

2. Iceland.

3. Norway.

I chose these countries because (a) They have very low crime rates, (b) everyone shares the same cultural traits, and (c) there is domestic harmony.

I very much hope that they take steps to stay that way.

Iceland has not. Over the last couple of decades there has been quite a lot of Muslim immigration.

Iceland has not.

Thanks for the info.

I had assumed (wrongly, as it turns out) that the leaders (and people) of that little charming island would have had better foresight.

Have a nice day!

Not accurate. Germany alone takes in 70% or so of what we do and they are a much smaller country.

I’ve never heard people rushing from all over the world to come to Germany. They do for the US.

Unless 'great' is meticulously defined - a near impossible task - answering this question is impossible to answer. Here is a random selection of just a few I have liked being in: Botswana, Canada, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Korea, Singapore, Malta, New Zealand. I could say of any of these "A really great place".

Yes, it’s subjective. But I still have my opinions.

That’s it? Minor variations on Democratic models?

I will always think the US Constitution is the best in the world. The first of its kind and nothing comes close.

2. Israel

Normally I would exclude Great Britain, however with Brexit, they are back in my good graces. :mrgreen:

I will always think the US Constitution is the best in the world. The first of its kind and nothing comes close.

I knew we would agree on something eventually.

I’ve never heard people rushing from all over the world to come to Germany. They do for the US.

Nobody cares what you have heard of. We're talking about an objective number of people immigrating. Your gut feeling doesn't matter.

I think the founding fathers made a fatal mistake based on cultural bias. They had an adversarial relationship with executive power. They thought of Congress as an opposing force to the Presidency and wrote a constitution based on that. It didn't occur to them to account for a situation in which 34% of the Senate put party above justice and this creates a scenario in which a president becomes unaccountable. (because the president controls the DOJ which would otherwise be in charge of investigating him)

They also failed to account for how the structure of the constitution inevitably pushes towards a two-party system, which will eventually lead to the above problem.

"Nothing comes close" is nationalist tripe. Some people think America is the only country with freedom or some ****.

People drown in the Med every day trying to get into the EU.

Normally I would exclude Great Britain, however with Brexit, they are back in my good graces. :mrgreen:

Pretty stupid statement. By volunteering to leave the largest single market in the world, the UK has guaranteed they’ll be an economic backwater for at least a generation.

Because you have not heard of something does not mean it does not happen. People from less desirable parts of the world certainly flock to, for example, Britain and Sweden in great numbers.

Btw you are deluded in thinking people from "all over the world" want to live in the USA. In most civilised countries people would think being deported to the US a severe punishment.

Pretty stupid statement. By volunteering to leave the largest single market in the world, the UK has guaranteed they’ll be an economic backwater for at least a generation.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Here’s a question for you.... What other country other than the US has people from EVERY OTHER COUNTRY in the world fleeing to it? Typical public school educator, geez!

First I do not believe there is any such country, even though you are pointing at the USA. And another country like ours is Britain.

2. Israel

Your opinion is worth....

374d58c16093f74c1a157b6b28cd8c520360d303ebb1890ddee04cd28f54d010.jpg

Rome
Greece
Persia

Spoken like a true globalist. The truth is that not only did the UK regain it's sovereignty, in the long run, they will make better trade deals and have a better economic future.

Back
Top Bottom