• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Threat in the White House

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I predict, and I've said it before, I'll say it again. I predict Trump won't last past 2019.

Ditto here. Told all my friends it was two years and out. Beginning to worry that he’ll last longer. When Nixon was elected, one commentator said “America finally bought his used car,” a reference to the famous quote about Tricky Dick. With Trump, America bought the ticket into the carnival, and it has been quite a show. Who could invent the stars of the production, from Stormy to Sad Sack Cohen to demonic Bannon?

I predict, and I've said it before, I'll say it again. I predict Trump won't last past 2019.

People have been predicting Trumps Presidential demise since he got elected. Hell, even before that people predicted he wouldn't make it to the POTUS seat.

So many crystal balls....yet so few millionaires....

People have been predicting Trumps Presidential demise since he got elected. Hell, even before that people predicted he wouldn't make it to the POTUS seat.

So many crystal balls....yet so few millionaires....

Read the article.

And bet you predicted Hillary was our next president? Wrong twice!! :peace
That OK we still get a kick out of posts like this.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I predicted that Trump would be run out of town by the rest of the town pretty much all of them hating him by 3/15/18.

But TRump is something else man... plus Mueller is incompetent, a bad hire.....Trump is still here causing Trouble in the name of the Rebellion!

I so do love it so.

Our deployment of forces, strategy and objectives should be continuously evaluated, and decisions based on conditions on the ground and our broader interests.

That is what the National Security Council decision-making process is supposed to do.

"our broader interests"

Not sure what Rice...yeah, that article was written by Susan Rice...means by our broader interests. For sure, our broader interests under Trump are quite different than our broader interests under Obama (her boss) or any other President.

For example, the broader interest of her boss that caused his administration...under his direction...to aid various factions of the Muslim Brotherhood to depose the leaders of two countries and start a civil war in attempt to depose a third...stopped being our broader interests when the White House door slapped Barack and Michelle on the backside. Perhaps Rice should stop living in a past that saw so much suffering in the Middle East and across Northern Africa and join the current world.

"National Security Council decision-making process"

The National Security Council decision-making process is whatever the President...the man who DECIDES what the National Security Council does...says it is. Not what some lady who is living in her own sordid past says it is.

Susan Rice is dismissed.

"Against this backdrop, Mr. Mattis’s resignation is even more worrisome. Even though his record was mixed, he provided desperately needed reassurance to our allies, an unabashed if private counterweight to the president’s worse instincts, and experience and stature too great for Mr. Bolton to ignore. His departure will leave the administration all but devoid of wise, principled leadership and the guts to check a president who consistently places politics and self-interest above national security."

His record include being unceremoniously fired by her boss, Obama-without so much even as a phone call-over difference regarding Iran. Now, Mattis is wise and principled.

Too bad those qualities weren't appreciated when Mattis was in Obama's administration. He gut checked Obama and got the stiff arm.

MSM is utterly helpless at the end of the day when confronted by the threat that Donald represents. The best they can muster is some blather about Trump being an "unconventional President". They are too afraid that their do nothing, talking head jobs will go straight down the drain if they actually tell it like it is. Trump is a criminal President. Stop dicking around MSM if you want the respect you should receive as the 4th Estate.

i don't see Trump resigning. i also don't see the former Republican party impeaching him no matter what he has done. my guess is that he'll also run again in 2020.

i don't see Trump resigning. i also don't see the former Republican party impeaching him no matter what he has done. my guess is that he'll also run again in 2020.

Fine...assuming we can actually survive the next two years (not at all a sure bet) the best way to get rid of him is in an avalanche of votes against. Its the cleanest way for the country to rid itself of this disease.

From the essay:
...a president who consistently places politics and self-interest above national security.

That is what has concerned me about Trump from the day he "came down the escalator." What drives that behavior pattern in Trump? His lack of a well developed and balanced character. He exhibits none of the character traits that one must have to make, Rice notes, "wise, principled leadership" decisions.

characterispower.jpg

Fine...assuming we can actually survive the next two years (not at all a sure bet) the best way to get rid of him is in an avalanche of votes against. Its the cleanest way for the country to rid itself of this disease.

i plan to be one of the votes against Trumpism in coming elections.

From the essay:

That is what has concerned me about Trump from the day he "came down the escalator." What drives that behavior pattern in Trump? His lack of a well developed and balanced character. He exhibits none of the character traits that one must have to make, Rice notes, "wise, principled leadership" decisions.

characterispower.jpg
How rich, coming from the point woman in Obama's cabal, who colluded with him to fabricate a lie about how 4 Americans in Benghazi (including an Ambassador and soldiers) came to be murdered, just so Obama didn't have a planned, 9-11, radical Islamic terrorist attack killing Americans hanging over his head when he ran for re-election a few weeks later.
That is not principles, Ms. Rice. That is UNprincipled.

How rich, coming from the point woman in Obama's cabal, who colluded with him to fabricate a lie about how 4 Americans in Benghazi (including an Ambassador and soldiers) came to be murdered, just so Obama didn't have a planned, 9-11, radical Islamic terrorist attack killing Americans hanging over his head when he ran for re-election a few weeks later.
That is not principles, Ms. Rice. That is UNprincipled.

giphy.gif

Rice pens a paean to Mattis, sounding the alarm at what a loss he is to a President, yet her old boss "forced the retirement" of Mattis, n'est ce pas? Let's see what Politico had to say about Obama's firing of Mattis.

"It was also this Iran obsession that led Obama to force Mattis’ retirement back in January 2013."

And several years later, after Mattis served 2 years in Trump's administration, he decided to resign and was given the opportunity to do so with dignity, instead of being fired without even a phone call, Rice writes:

"With the impetuous decisions that drove Jim Mattis into retirement, President Trump does more to undermine American national security than any foreign adversary"

That Mattis has been "forced" to retire by Obama, then "drove" into retirement by Trump. But, it's just bad when Trump does it, amirite?

Read the article.

An opinion piece by Susan Freaking Unmasking Rice?
Sheesh.
Aren't you the guy touting "The Moscow Project" without knowing what the hell that is?
Should somebody counter with a quote by Sean Hannity.

Rice pens a paean to Mattis, sounding the alarm at what a loss he is to a President, yet her old boss "forced the retirement" of Mattis, n'est ce pas? Let's see what Politico had to say about Obama's firing of Mattis.

"It was also this Iran obsession that led Obama to force Mattis’ retirement back in January 2013."

And several years later, after Mattis served 2 years in Trump's administration, he decided to resign and was given the opportunity to do so with dignity, instead of being fired without even a phone call, Rice writes:

"With the impetuous decisions that drove Jim Mattis into retirement, President Trump does more to undermine American national security than any foreign adversary"

That Mattis has been "forced" to retire by Obama, then "drove" into retirement by Trump. But, it's just bad when Trump does it, amirite?

Mattis was relieved of his command by Obama. He was a soldier at the time and being relieved of command is a fairly common occurrence for a command level soldier. Mattis resigned from his civilian post as Sec of Defense in the Trump Cabinet. Resignations from Cabinet level positions (political appointments) are generally over unresolvable differences between the President and the Cabinet head. The two things are not even in the same ballpark of similar. But I am growing used to Americans that have no earthly idea of how the US government or the US Military actually functions. If there is ever an indictment of Education in this country including deemphasis of Civics...its that.

Though I should point out that Zenke's departure from the Sec of Interior in the Cabinet is more an issue of Zenke forgetting that in a criminal enterprise, you must kick up to the big boss. Zenke is leaving ahead of handcuffs.

Last edited:
Mattis was relieved of his command by Obama. He was a soldier at the time and being relieved of command is a fairly common occurrence for a command level soldier. Mattis resigned from his civilian post as Sec of Defense in the Trump Cabinet. Resignations from Cabinet level positions (political appointments) are generally over unresolvable differences between the President and the Cabinet head. The two things are not even in the same ballpark of similar. But I am growing used to Americans that have no earthly idea of how the US government or the US Military actually functions. If there is ever an indictment of Education in this country including deemphasis of Civics...its that.

Though I should point out that Zenke's departure from the Sec of Interior in the Cabinet is more an issue of Zenke forgetting that in a criminal enterprise, you must kick up to the big boss. Zenke is leaving ahead of handcuffs.

You are splitting hairs. What both instances have in common is a disagreement between Mattis and POTUS. Someone of Mattis's stature should have been given the courtesy of a phone call.
Rice seems to catastrophize the loss of Mattis under Trump, but dismisses that notion entirely when it comes to her old boss doing the exact same thing, because he was so keen on making his Faustian deal with Iran, at any cost.

You are splitting hairs. What both instances have in common is a disagreement between Mattis and POTUS. Someone of Mattis's stature should have been given the courtesy of a phone call.
Rice seems to catastrophize the loss of Mattis under Trump, but dismisses that notion entirely when it comes to her old boss doing the exact same thing, because he was so keen on making his Faustian deal with Iran, at any cost.

Nope...for the most part if not in fact in all cases, your immediate superior relieves you of military command or some military personage in the chain of command above you does it. Just because MSM has a "take" on something does not make it accurate.

You don't "deserve" a phone call from the President when you are relieved of military command. He can make one if he wants to...however if the President does insert himself into that dialog it is often because the President believes the military commander in question has political intentions and the President wants to make the point that the military commander is letting that get in the way of his military duty. Truman with MacArthur comes to mind.

Last edited:
Nope...for the most part if not in fact in all cases, your immediate superior relieves you of military command or some military personage in the chain of command above you does it. Just because MSM has a "take" on something does not make it accurate.

You don't "deserve" a phone call from the President when you are relieved of military command. He can make one if he wants to...however if the President does insert himself into that dialog it is often because the President believes the military commander in question has political intentions and the President wants to make the point that the military commander is letting that get in the way of his military duty. Truman with MacArthur comes to mind.

Obama rejected Mattis over ideological differences. That "forced retirement" didn't rock the world like when Trump did it. Rice's lack of perspective when it comes to her old boss makes her opinion so biased it's ridiculous. I don't care what the mechanics are from civilian to military when it comes to prying someone out of their position once they're no longer useful.
You miss the irony and hypocrisy, so...

Obama rejected Mattis over ideological differences. That "forced retirement" didn't rock the world like when Trump did it. Rice's lack of perspective when it comes to her old boss makes her opinion so biased it's ridiculous. I don't care what the mechanics are from civilian to military when it comes to prying someone out of their position once they're no longer useful.
You miss the irony and hypocrisy, so...

In case you haven't noticed, the civilian Sec of Def outranks the Head of Central Command and by a pretty wide margin. So yes it was more of an event in the case of Trump/Mattis. But keep digging...the hole just gets deeper.

Ditto here. Told all my friends it was two years and out. Beginning to worry that he’ll last longer. When Nixon was elected, one commentator said “America finally bought his used car,” a reference to the famous quote about Tricky Dick. With Trump, America bought the ticket into the carnival, and it has been quite a show. Who could invent the stars of the production, from Stormy to Sad Sack Cohen to demonic Bannon?

I have never been to a carnival that is doing so good that money is flowing like water.
This economy is booming, stop bi*ching about Trump and go enjoy his hard work. Us Trumpsters are filling our pockets now until liberals get control again and destroy everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom