• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Threat in the White House

How can idiots keep ignoring the thousands of lies Trump has told since he announced his candidacy? How can morons keep excusing his horrible behavior? How can boneheads keep forgiving him for some of the worst behavior ever seen in a person, much less a president?

In my opinion, Donald Trump is a whiny little bully who would run away screaming if he ever faced a real threat. He's dangerous to our national security. And don't give him credit for the economy unless you also assign him the blame for last week's market crash.

Seriously, presidents don't have as much effect on the economy as you seem to think. It's always been cyclical. The current upswing started at the end of 2008 or so, when we were in that deep recession caused by GOP economic policies like deregulating the financial industry.

Under your standards aren’t liberals the real whiny ones, constant whining about everything he does, and on top of that it doesn’t look like he is messing anything up does it. Plus we are getting fair trade deal finally , got our prisoners back from NK, got prison reform, got other countries to pay more of THEIR promised support of UN. Got us out of Paris accord because we were the only one having to cut back emissions. Why are those things so terrible to liberals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Under your standards aren’t liberals the real whiny ones, constant whining about everything he does, and on top of that it doesn’t look like he is messing anything up does it. Plus we are getting fair trade deal finally , got our prisoners back from NK, got prison reform, got other countries to pay more of THEIR promised support of UN. Got us out of Paris accord because we were the only one having to cut back emissions. Why are those things so terrible to liberals?

Under my standards? No. Liberals have every right to complain about such a incompetent president. And Liberals are not whing about the things you listed, however, he is messing things up. And the risks he takes should scare conservatives, like the fact that he refuses to give up his iPhone for an encrypted phone in spite of the fact that it has been proven to him beyond doubt that the Russians, the Chinese, and Israel, at the least, are listening in to all of his conversations. How stupid is that?

And we were not the only nation required to reduce emissions according to the Paris Accord ... that's ridiculous as well as untrue, since the Accord is voluntary and not a set of laws.

Sorry, but Trump's snow job just does not work on all Americans.

Bla bla bla take a look around idiot

I have never been to a carnival that is doing so good that money is flowing like water.

Money was flowing like water in October 1929.
Do you even have the slightest sense of history?

Money was flowing like water in 2007.
Do you understand that bubbles always burst, and that this market is a giant bubble?

No, of course not.
And it's okay that it's a bubble and it's even okay that the bubble bursts, IF you happen to be in the large investor class, the group at the top.
For them, bear markets and depressions are an opportunity to vacuum up distressed assets at fire sale prices, in order to resell them later down the road to another bunch of yokels.
Since you're here in an online debate forum, I seriously doubt that you're in the top tier investor class.
In fact, I seriously doubt that your actual stock investments are enough to buy a stick of gum on the layaway plan.

And that's why you can sit here and yammer away about a game that you have no skin in.

Is there anything more dangerous than a President of the United States that actually only pays lip service to Public Service while using his Executive Office to feed his personal financial enhancement aspirations? Trump is simply clueless about anything to do with governance or the duties of his Office. But of course for Trumpets, that was/is part of his appeal now wasn't it.

Lets take his nonsense about knowing more than the Generals. Well good luck with that one Donald and its irrelevant anyway. Donald does not know how to read a map for heaven sake. Other Presidents have had to learn to read a map or rely upon those that could. The issue is that Donald Duck does not think it matters. He blathers on about thinking he would have been a "good general" with utterly no basis to make that contention. You kinda' need to be able to read a map if you are going to even claim to think you would be a good general.

Oddly enough the case for keeping 2,200 troopers in Syria is far better than the case for keeping 14,000 troopers in Afghanistan. Just being able to read a map would tell Donald that. The case for the mission in Syria is far easier to see than the case for the continuing mission in Afghanistan at 14,000 troopers.

We will recall that 5,000 of those 14,000 in Afghanistan were an increase in troop levels that occurred during the Trump Administration. We might also recall that the mission was not described at that time. We the People were just told that the mission is not complete but that the Military could see the light at the end of the tunnel. That makes it even harder to define what we are still doing in Afghanistan. What is the mission now?

Trump could easily have just brought out the 5,000 troopers he added to the struggle in Afghanistan and simply claimed he did not believe he was getting what he had hoped out of that troop increase. He would have brought home twice as many troopers from Afghanistan than he is claiming (now backing away to some extent) he would bring out of Syria within one month (now extending the time element).

The mission is clear in Syria and the troopers required is much smaller. No kidding. Afghanistan is 3x the size of Syria with 2x the population. Just about the only things that matter about Afghanistan from a geopolitical context is that unlike Syria it is actually still trying to be a sovereign country and it borders Pakistan, a country that has nukes. Even at that the threat posed by leaving Syria as Trump appears to intend is far greater than the threat posed by drawing down troops from Afghanistan. For the longest time now, Afghanistan has just looked like another Vietnam. Vietnam had too much jungle and a widespread insurgency to deal with and Afghanistan has too much rough country and a widespread insurgency. Again, we don't any longer know what this administration thinks the mission is in Afghanistan.

While the opinion I am offering here is lacking any real information about what we are still trying to accomplish in Afghanistan I would keep enough troops there to help the government in its fight to maintain itself as a sovereign state and to the extent I could shield Pakistan from this mess. I would in no way be recommending that we pull the 2,200 troops from Syria and would in no way be recommending that we keep 14,000 troops in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom