• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The term "Sperm Donor"

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I started a thread, and I used the term sperm donor to refer to my ex. Quite a few people, upon reading that term, were suddenly unable to focus on the overall topic of that thread and, instead, zeroed in on my use of that term. So, I've opened this thread where all these individuals can convene and debate it instead of constantly derailing that thread.

Here: I'll provide my definition for Sperm Donor:
"A male who fathers offspring without any intention, desire, want, or concern to be involved in said offspring's life."

As opposed to the use of the term "Dad" or "Father" in which the individual does, in some fashion, have intention, desire, want, or concern to be involved in said offspring's life - even if he is not (due to a large number of circumstances).

Last edited:
Sometimes it is not the child they are avoiding. Just depends. :crazy3:

I started a thread, and I used the term sperm donor to refer to my ex. Quite a few people, upon reading that term, were suddenly unable to focus on the overall topic of that thread and, instead, zeroed in on my use of that term. So, I've opened this thread where all these individuals can convene and debate it instead of constantly derailing that thread.

"A male who fathers offspring without any intention, desire, want, or concern to be involved in said offspring's life."

As opposed to the use of the term "Dad" or "Father" in which the individual does, in some fashion, have intention, desire, want, or concern to be involved in said offspring's life - even if he is not (due to a large number of circumstances).

If the man signed away his parental rights, his is not legally a father.

Why even have the discussion?

Who gets offended by somebody you don't know being called a sperm doner?

Totally agree Auntie. If they aren't a part of the child's life after birth, then they are not fathers. Just sperm donors. A father is someone who actually cares about and participates in the child's life.

If the man signed away his parental rights, his is not legally a father.

Why even have the discussion?

Who gets offended by somebody you don't know being called a sperm doner?

Several posters apparently.

A reasonable use of the term. "Dad" or "Father" ought rightfully to be a term of respect, reserved for those who actually make an effort to BE THERE for their kids and actually be involved in raising them.

Men who walk away and never look back are not worthy to be called Dad.

I wish the term "sperm donor" was never invented. Now women like Aunt get to degrade all fathers simply because of biology.
i am delighted the term 'sperm donor' exists
it allows us to differentiate between those who care for their kids and those who do not

All men are either sperm donors or money donors to women. If you don't fall into either of those categories, you don't exist.

All men are either sperm donors or money donors to women. If you don't fall into either of those categories, you don't exist.

We already know you're a misogynist, Graffias... no need to prove it on a daily basis.

I'll grant you there are women like that, just as there are men to whom a woman is nothing but a sex-toy... but not everyone is like that, in either gender.

wrong
the single parent father with full custody of the kids
notice how that real world example killed your foolish mantra

Yes, all women fall under either one or the other category. They don't have feelings and are not really human beings either. :roll:

I always thought that sperm donor necessarily meant going through an intermediary of some sort, and likely with artificial insemination. Biological father was usually a term for him if there was sex involved.

A reasonable use of the term. "Dad" or "Father" ought rightfully to be a term of respect, reserved for those who actually make an effort to BE THERE for their kids and actually be involved in raising them.

Men who walk away and never look back are not worthy to be called Dad.

That's a little too all encompassing and unfair, from my perspective. Not all dads who walked away and never looked back actually know they fathered a child, often because the woman chose not to tell him. There could be other reasons not related to an explicit desire not to have any connection with the child.

As far as being worthy of being called dad, I'm prepared to leave that decision to the child concerned - many have far bigger hearts and far more open minds than the parents who created them.

im totally ok with that slang usage, seems to fit

That's a little too all encompassing and unfair, from my perspective. Not all dads who walked away and never looked back actually know they fathered a child, often because the woman chose not to tell him. There could be other reasons not related to an explicit desire not to have any connection with the child.

As far as being worthy of being called dad, I'm prepared to leave that decision to the child concerned - many have far bigger hearts and far more open minds than the parents who created them.

I'll grant you that a man who DID NOT KNOW he had a child, because he was gone before it became obvious and nobody ever told him, is NOT at fault in being absent from his child's life... he can hardly be faulted for something he had no idea about.

I might not judge TOO harshly a man who, as is sadly often the case, was PUSHED out of his child's life by the mother for inadequate reasons... seen that happen more often than I used to think it would be.

But if I KNEW I had a child, it would take one hell of a lot to keep me out of that child's life. Just because Mama may be a bitch is insufficient excuse. I had to deal with a very difficult bitchy ex too, even though I had primary custody...

but a man who knowingly and deliberately walked away would have to come up with some really, really good reasons why it was absolutely necessary, before I'd consider that remotely justifiable.

i am delighted the term 'sperm donor' exists
it allows us to differentiate between those who care for their kids and those who do not

So what should I call mothers that walk way and don't care for their kids? How can I relate a womans biological function and use that instead of mother? Surely we can't call them what they actually are right?

Totally agree Auntie. If they aren't a part of the child's life after birth, then they are not fathers. Just sperm donors. A father is someone who actually cares about and participates in the child's life.

The only thing that is needed to be a father is to provide sperm. Just because you ladies don't want to accept reality doesn't just make it not a reality. The man will always be that child's father and no one including the father himself can do anything about it. It is what it is.

Many women will have no problem saying to a man that he is nothing but a sperm donor and then go forth and take way his child with the use of the state. That doesn't stop the little bitch from taking his money though, nope.

The only thing that is needed to be a father is to provide sperm. Just because you ladies don't want to accept reality doesn't just make it not a reality. The man will always be that child's father and no one including the father himself can do anything about it. It is what it is.
We have Sperm Donors, Biological Fathers, and Fathers. Try not to mix them up please.

Now if you only want girls we can make them up from two mothers and no males at all. That will get interesting.

We have Sperm Donors, Biological Fathers, and Fathers. Try not to mix them up please.

The only person that can ever be a father is a biological father and it makes no difference at all how he came to be a father or what he does after that point.

Now if you only want girls we can make them up from two mothers and no males at all. That will get interesting.

Feminazis do love the idea of killing all men and using such methods. They are however called insane for a reason.

The only person that can ever be a father is a biological father and it makes no difference at all how he came to be a father or what he does after that point.

Feminazis do love the idea of killing all men and using such methods. They are however called insane for a reason.
As a character in a show I once liked said, that's just wrong on so many levels. That about sums your post.

As a character in a show I once liked said, that's just wrong on so many levels. That about sums your post.

No, everything I said is right on point. :)

100% factual false, try to keep the false ranting to a minimum.

American Heritage Dictionary Entry: father
fa·ther (fäthər)
Share: fa·ther
n.
1.a. A male whose sperm unites with an egg, producing an embryo.
b. A male whose impregnation of a female results in the birth of a child.
c. A man who adopts a child.
d. A man who raises a child.

So what should I call mothers that walk way and don't care for their kids? How can I relate a womans biological function and use that instead of mother? Surely we can't call them what they actually are right?

egg donors, seems pretty self explanatory, this is why i have full custody of my daughter because her egg donor isnt fit to be a parent

Back
Top Bottom