• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The term 'Cis gendered'

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Apparently a cis gendered individual is one who: Believes their physical sex and psychological gender match (a masculine male - a feminine female).

??? They had to come up with a special strange-sounding term JUST to say 'male' and 'female' ??? Why so - because a small percentage of people don't identify as their physical gender in a social or psychological sense? So it's now a budding term (coined not too long ago) which attempt to PC genders down a bit?

I read the term in an article today which declared that over 70% of women who work in the publishing industry identify as cis-gender... and I had to look it up. (article here.)

I, for the record, absolutely hate that term - but never cared about it because I didn't realized it was SUPPOSED TO apply to me. Now that I know what the term means I refuse to refer to myself as something so ridiculous sounding as 'cis' anything.

And further, I believe that MOST PEOPLE don't identify themselves as 'cis-gender'. Most people don't even know what the hell it means. It didn't need a special definition before - and I think the decision to use the term is done only by people who are either trying to be unnecessarily PC or who are offended by the fact that most people don't have gender conflict issues. . . .as if it's strange and odd to be okay with what you were born to be.

With people constantly redefining gender to make people feel better, allowing for people to be Indian or black just because, well...after all....they really FEEL black....we cant be shocked that this is happening.

The future is going to be fun to watch.

I'm male. Really, it's that simple. I'm with you in refusing to use Cisgender to refer to myself.

It appears the only reason the term Cisgender exists is to contrast transgender, which is pretty stupid.

With people constantly redefining gender to make people feel better, allowing for people to be Indian or black just because, well...after all....they really FEEL black....we cant be shocked that this is happening.

The future is going to be fun to watch.

cisspecies. No really, that's the term for thinking you were born in the right species. :doh

cisspecies. No really, that's the term for thinking you were born in the right species. :doh
Its a good thing all these pushes to find 'tolerance' and acceptance are making people all healthy and ****.....

As the world becomes more warped with more PC standards on transgenderism and gender confusion issues we'll see stuff like this pop up. I heard "ignorant cis-male" said once when someone was retaliating against a political viewpoint somewhere else and had to look it up then. To me, cis is a configuration of a molecule in chemistry :lol:

If you were writing a paper on trans-gendered individuals you would probably want a term to describe "an individual is one who: Believes their physical sex and psychological gender match" then it probably leaked out of academia and the PC movement adopted it wholeheartedly.

If you want to learn more there is a very good South Park episode called "The Cissy" which is rather hilarious and shows the absurdity of it.

Apparently a cis gendered individual is one who: Believes their physical sex and psychological gender match (a masculine male - a feminine female).

??? They had to come up with a special strange-sounding term JUST to say 'male' and 'female' ??? Why so - because a small percentage of people don't identify as their physical gender in a social or psychological sense? So it's now a budding term (coined not too long ago) which attempt to PC genders down a bit?

I read the term in an article today which declared that over 70% of women who work in the publishing industry identify as cis-gender... and I had to look it up. (article here.)

I, for the record, absolutely hate that term - but never cared about it because I didn't realized it was SUPPOSED TO apply to me. Now that I know what the term means I refuse to refer to myself as something so ridiculous sounding as 'cis' anything.

And further, I believe that MOST PEOPLE don't identify themselves as 'cis-gender'. Most people don't even know what the hell it means. It didn't need a special definition before - and I think the decision to use the term is done only by people who are either trying to be unnecessarily PC or who are offended by the fact that most people don't have gender conflict issues. . . .as if it's strange and odd to be okay with what you were born to be.

NB4 "check your privilege."

My boyfriend who is black feels the same way about African American but it still very much has it's place. I don't have any problem with the word cisgendered, it makes perfect sense for a word to exist since there are transgenders etc. Will I be using it to describe myself? No probably not unless the situation would call for it just like my boyfriend doesn't refer to himself as an african american. I see no issue with the word though.

You're more than a year behind South Park. :mrgreen:

Watch South Park Online - The Cissy | Hulu

??? They had to come up with a special strange-sounding term JUST to say 'male' and 'female' ???
Yep

A handful of people involved in abstruse political discussions about human sexuality use "cisgender" to be a bit more clear about the gender identities involved. It's jargon.

The study in question was run by a group that researches diversity. It'd be a bit of a surprise if they were not using technical terms like that.

I for one have never, ever seen or heard anyone use it in normal conversation. I don't see much reason to get upset about it. It's not an insult, and nothing about the term changes who you are. It's just a recognition that your gender and biological identities match.

And further, I believe that MOST PEOPLE don't identify themselves as 'cis-gender'.
Most people don't think of themselves as homo sapien. That doesn't mean the term is wrong, or should be eradicated. It's just not a label you're accustomed to hearing or using.

And further, I believe that MOST PEOPLE don't identify themselves as 'cis-gender'.
Most people don't even know what the hell it means. It didn't need a special definition before - and I think the decision to use the term is done only by people who are either trying to be unnecessarily PC or who are offended by the fact that most people don't have gender conflict issues. . . .as if it's strange and odd to be okay with what you were born to be.
That is because most people are normal. cis-gendered pc-tard term was invented so that abnormal people don't feel bad.

Hm.
I remember, from studying Caesars Gallic campaigns, the terms 'transalpine Gaul and cisalpine Gaul, the 'trans' area being on the far side of the Alps and the 'cis' being on the near side. That might be a hint to the root of the term, probably in Latin.

It's made up lib nonsense. There is no such thing as "cisgendered", just as there is no such thing as "transgendered".

Just to give everyone an indication of what I think of the word cisgender, I still won't use the term Ms to label a female...it is Mrs or Miss to me still, so I am not going to jump on the new invented words bandwagon anytime soon.

Just to give everyone an indication of what I think of the word cisgender, I still won't use the term Ms to label a female...it is Mrs or Miss to me still, so I am not going to jump on the new invented words bandwagon anytime soon.

Now this I'm dead curious about.

Ms is short for Miss, isn't it? Or . . . I'm missing something.

I'm editing a novel I recently finished and realized that every time I meant to write Ms. (as in single woman) I wrote Mrs. . . . doh! :doh- I didn't notice that stupid mistake in the last 7 months of writing. LOL

You're more than a year behind South Park. :mrgreen:

Watch South Park Online - The Cissy | Hulu

Yep

A handful of people involved in abstruse political discussions about human sexuality use "cisgender" to be a bit more clear about the gender identities involved. It's jargon.

The study in question was run by a group that researches diversity. It'd be a bit of a surprise if they were not using technical terms like that.

I for one have never, ever seen or heard anyone use it in normal conversation. I don't see much reason to get upset about it. It's not an insult, and nothing about the term changes who you are. It's just a recognition that your gender and biological identities match.

In other words, the vast majority of people. Seems like it should simply be male/female and then trans-whichever. I actually object to having to specify that my "gender and biological identies match" especially since I never think of myself in those terms.

Last edited:
Ms is short for Miss, isn't it? Or . . . I'm missing something.

Ms. is used for women regardless of they're married or not.

Yeah, screw women who don't want to be judged or addressed by whether they're married or not. #sarcasm

ROFL. You're cisgendered whether you like it or not. I doubt the term is going to go away. There needs to be some word to refer to the opposite of transgender.

ROFL. You're cisgendered whether you like it or not. I doubt the term is going to go away. There needs to be some word to refer to the opposite of transgender.

Yeah, screw women who don't want to be judged or addressed by whether they're married or not. #sarcasm

Notice anything off about these two posts of yours?

And the opposite of transgendered is normal. Normal doesn't need cute little words to describe it.

I like to **** chicks, and I have a dick.

What does that make me?

There needs to be some word to refer to the opposite of transgender.

There already is, male and female.

There is no opposite of something which doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom