• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night - Newsweek

So far, the tea party has been the major political story of the 2010 election cycle, and in many ways it's a fascinating, vibrant reflection of the America's current fixations and frustrations. But given that the vast majority of the movement's favored candidates have lost their Republican primary battles--and given that the few candidates who've won, like Rand Paul and Sharron Angle, seem to be underperforming against vulnerable Democratic opponents--there's little reason to think that it will be a major electoral force anytime soon.

i think the tea party might have a chance if they actually had some decent candidates. angle? come one, guys, is that the best ya got?

Umm...what exactly is a "tea party candidate"? The last I checked there were still only republicans and democrats. "The Tea Party" is a group...a movement (yes...I'll use the word KNOWING the 'movement' jokes are coming). I actually think it is quite sad that so many people are so completely invested in some party line ideology that they dont see the Tea Party as a desirable option. For the love of God people...your DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS hove worked together to put us 14 trillion in debt and counting. They passed crap legislation in the name of just passing SOMETHING. They have offered NO solutions other than...****...I dont know what to do...lets raise taxes and spend more money...what the hell...

Its kinda empty headed to do the same stupid failed things OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and...well...you get the point.

So sure...bag on the 'Tea Party'.

But at some point...grab a ****ing mirror and look at what your blind support of partisan politics has brought this country.

Have a nice day.

Umm...what exactly is a "tea party candidate"? The last I checked there were still only republicans and democrats. "The Tea Party" is a group...a movement (yes...I'll use the word KNOWING the 'movement' jokes are coming). I actually think it is quite sad that so many people are so completely invested in some party line ideology that they dont see the Tea Party as a desirable option. For the love of God people...your DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS hove worked together to put us 14 trillion in debt and counting. They passed crap legislation in the name of just passing SOMETHING. They have offered NO solutions other than...****...I dont know what to do...lets raise taxes and spend more money...what the hell...

Its kinda empty headed to do the same stupid failed things OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and...well...you get the point.

So sure...bag on the 'Tea Party'.

But at some point...grab a ****ing mirror and look at what your blind support of partisan politics has brought this country.

Have a nice day.

i don't have blind support. my point is that if you want the tea party to be viable, you need viable candidates.

i don't have blind support. my point is that if you want the tea party to be viable, you need viable candidates.

Angle is quite viable.

Note the trend folks, there are exactly TWO Republican females in office that I know of that people like liblady and the news sources she visits thinks are sane, intelligent good people.

Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins.

All others? The less likely they are to support or vote with Democrats, the "crazier" they are.

Sure, Angle has made a few mistakes, she holds some strong views... and?

She'll beat Harry, and you'll scream about the crazy "Desert lady" for months.

The Tea Party's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night - Newsweek

i think the tea party might have a chance if they actually had some decent candidates. angle? come one, guys, is that the best ya got?

Four primary elections, one of which was for governor so who cares, and the Tea Party is finished? And the article provides no reason to say that Paul and Angle are under-performing against their Democratic opponents. I haven't seen the polls so that may be true, but this article is hardly convincing as in spelling doom and gloom for the Tea Party. Hell, even the article admits that Palin's endorsement was worth 16 points to one candidate.

The point is twofold...one...there IS no Tea Party as a political entity with candidates.

And two...The "Tea Party" are fiscal conservatives. They are social policy conservatives. My guess is that when you strip away the party labels its not unlike people and their position re the libertarian platform MOST people want smaller more effective and more efficient government. And SADLY...thats viewed as a radical posture...one to be ridiculed.

Ridiculed of course NOT in comparison to the train wrech that is the current two party system.

Back
Top Bottom