• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon

Fiscal Policy: Many voters are looking forward to 2011, hoping a new Congress will put the country back on the right track. But unless something's done soon, the new year will also come with a raft of tax hikes — including a return of the death tax — that will be real killers.

Through the end of this year, the federal estate tax rate is zero — thanks to the package of broad-based tax cuts that President Bush pushed through to get the economy going earlier in the decade.

But as of midnight Dec. 31, the death tax returns — at a rate of 55% on estates of $1 million or more. The effect this will have on hospital life-support systems is already a matter of conjecture.

The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon - IBD - Investors.com

bagdad_bob_large3.gif

There are no taxes going up for people....... Not one.... :ssst:

I will probably have to pay another 100K in taxes next year-up from about 285 or so now but if that causes a massive depression that sweeps that turd Obama out of office and many of his malignant moonbat toadies in Congress it would be a price worth paying.

So you admit you'd like to see the president fail. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

So you admit you'd like to see the president fail. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

yeah I'd like to see him impeached tomorrow along with Pelosi, Biden and the rest of those scum. The less Obama accomplishes the better off America is. Obama's agenda is to ruin America so his failure is good for those of us who care about our once great nation.

I give that ass the same amount of respect most of the dems gave W.

The truth that we've all known for a long time....rears its ugly head. With TD and his ilk...it has nothing to do with Obama or his policies...its all about political payback for their failed hero.

At least you are honest about it.

The truth that we've all known for a long time....rears its ugly head. With TD and his ilk...it has nothing to do with Obama or his policies...its all about political payback for their failed hero.

At least you are honest about it.

1) Politicians are not my heroes. I don't worship government or the people who run it.

2) Obama is a lousy president, an overrated nobody who got to where he was by affirmative action and white guilt. He had done nothing to suggest he was qualified to be a president, let alone a senator

3) Dems disrespected Bush constantly. Why should I respect an assclown who wants to jack up my taxes etc? Bush never declared war on dems but Obama has declared a fatwah against the people who already pay most of the federal income tax in this nation. Since he sees people like me as an enemy, I sure plan on bashing that lamer as much as I can.

1) Politicians are not my heroes. I don't worship government or the people who run it.

2) Obama is a lousy president, an overrated nobody who got to where he was by affirmative action and white guilt. He had done nothing to suggest he was qualified to be a president, let alone a senator

3) Dems disrespected Bush constantly. Why should I respect an assclown who wants to jack up my taxes etc? Bush never declared war on dems but Obama has declared a fatwah against the people who already pay most of the federal income tax in this nation. Since he sees people like me as an enemy, I sure plan on bashing that lamer as much as I can.

Try to cover it up....but a zebra can't hide its stripes.

"Small businesses can normally expense (rather than slowly deduct, or 'depreciate') equipment purchases up to $250,000," says ATR. "This will be cut all the way down to $25,000. Larger businesses can expense half of their purchases of equipment. In January of 2011, all of it will have to be 'depreciated.'"

This one provision is absolutely HUGE. The 'death tax' is merely confiscation of wealth, as everyone knows. We're in a complete mess -- and there's not one darned thing we can do about it. Not one. This will likely not be acted upon until after the November election. We're skrood.

This is pretty ignorant if you ask me. I'd like to see the president fail too. Everything this president stands for is something that I don't. If he falls short of success in increasing social welfare programs, increasing taxes on the rich and middle class (and even the lower class), increasing government power and rolling over for foreign leaders then yes I will celebrate. Wanting the president to fail is NOT the same as wanting the country to fail. Please step back into the world of reality where reason still reigns supreme.

yeah I'd like to see him impeached tomorrow along with Pelosi, Biden and the rest of those scum. The less Obama accomplishes the better off America is. Obama's agenda is to ruin America so his failure is good for those of us who care about our once great nation.

Hhmm.. Impeached tomorrow;as long as were on the law and order kick. Would you do that before or after you tried Bush and Cheney for war crimes in an International Criminal Court?

Hhmm.. Impeached tomorrow;as long as were on the law and order kick. Would you do that before or after you tried Bush and Cheney for war crimes in an International Criminal Court?

Congratulations on trying to move the conversation to irrelevance by bringing up a completely DIFFERENT and outdated issue. Crawl back under your rock now, please.

This is pretty ignorant if you ask me. I'd like to see the president fail too. Everything this president stands for is something that I don't. If he falls short of success in increasing social welfare programs, increasing taxes on the rich and middle class (and even the lower class), increasing government power and rolling over for foreign leaders then yes I will celebrate. Wanting the president to fail is NOT the same as wanting the country to fail. Please step back into the world of reality where reason still reigns supreme.

Uhh no not really. That guy said he wants to see a depression and that its worth it for this president to fail..

Uhh no not really. That guy said he wants to see a depression and that its worth it for this president to fail..

Perhaps you should work on your articulation. I agree that hoping for a depression is disgusting. I don't feel the same about hoping a president fails. I'm sure there's presidents in the past whom you've hoped would fail in their agenda.

Perhaps you should work on your articulation. I agree that hoping for a depression is disgusting. I don't feel the same about hoping a president fails. I'm sure there's presidents in the past whom you've hoped would fail in their agenda.

The difference is being willing to see the country fail so one can extract their pound of flesh. The zebra showed his true stripes.

The difference is being willing to see the country fail so one can extract their pound of flesh. The zebra showed his true stripes.

Regardless of what TD said, donc said it was disgusting to hope for the president to fail. I vehemently disagree.

Yes,I admit that I hope Obama fails to follow through with his agenda.

Congratulations on trying to move the conversation to irrelevance by bringing up a completely DIFFERENT and outdated issue. Crawl back under your rock now, please.

Irrelevance? Hardly more irrelevant than turtle dude calling for Obamas impeachment was it?

Irrelevance? Hardly more irrelevant than turtle dude calling for Obamas impeachment was it?

It's quite a bit more irrelevant. TD's words were prompted by his disapproval of Obama's tax policy. You then move on to talking about Bush. Quite irrelevant.

It's quite a bit more irrelevant. TD's words were prompted by his disapproval of Obama's tax policy. You then move on to talking about Bush. Quite irrelevant.

Calling for Obama's impeachment is irrelevant because he hasn't committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. Regardless of what you think of his policies there is no reasonable argument that Obama should be impeached. On the other hand, last I checked, torture is still a war crime.

Calling for Obama's impeachment is irrelevant because he hasn't committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. Regardless of what you think of his policies there is no reasonable argument that Obama should be impeached. On the other hand, last I checked, torture is still a war crime.

Yes, Bush, war crimes and torture are totally applicable to Taxes and Obama's policy regarding the matter.

Certainly more relevant than one's discontent with Obama's tax policy (regardless of the fact that said discontent was expressed in a manner as to call for illegal impeachment).

You are certainly a bright one.:roll:

Yes, Bush, war crimes and torture are totally applicable to Taxes and Obama's policy regarding the matter.

Certainly more relevant than one's discontent with Obama's tax policy (regardless of the fact that said discontent was expressed in a manner as to call for illegal impeachment).

The thread got derailed with the first mention of Obama's impeachment. Impeaching Obama is what is totally irrelevant to Obama's tax policy, and if you weren't being so disingenuous in your argument you would recognize that. It only naturally warranted a response in kind, and the comparison to Bush having been far more deserving of impeachment was quite a logical one to make.

You are certainly a bright one.:roll:

Ad hominem attacks are the last bastion of a failed argument.

Regardless of what TD said, donc said it was disgusting to hope for the president to fail. I vehemently disagree.

It depends. If failing means that America suffers as a result, then I think it is disgusting to hope for that. If you hope for the President to fail on a particular issue because you believe that that issue is bad for America...that is a different story.

TD showed his true stripes. He doesn't really care about Obama or his issues. His love for GWB is so great and he believes that GWB was mistreated, so he wants to extract his revenge, even if it means America plunges into a depression.

I think a lot of us have seen tha from TD and his ilk for a long time...I'm just surprised he actually came out and said it.

His love for GWB is so great and he believes that GWB was mistreated, so he wants to extract his revenge, even if it means America plunges into a depression.

I think a lot of us have seen tha from TD and his ilk for a long time...I'm just surprised he actually came out and said it.

Please, PLEASE tell me you read his mind and can actually substantiate this!

The thread got derailed with the first mention of Obama's impeachment. Impeaching Obama is what is totally irrelevant to Obama's tax policy It only naturally warranted a response in kind, and the comparison to Bush having been far more deserving of impeachment was quite a logical one to make.

Ad hominem attacks are the last bastion of a failed argument.
Your first paragraph--NO!!! Wishing for Obama to be out of office because you disagree with what he is doing is TOTALLY relevant. Sure he's not going to be impeached for his tax policy, but it certainly makes sense to wish he were if you disagree with it.

As to your last line, I digress. You're right in that I shouldn't resort insults. As to a failed argument? I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom