• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The tactics of the far left

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In this thread I'd like to discuss the tactics used today by our fellow American's...In this time of division among us, we see certain aspects of narcissism coming to the forefront in some people...It is troubling...We don't speak TO each other anymore, as much as we do speak OVER each other in a way where NOTHING will ever be discussed civilly...

In a social interaction, discussion, or argument, regular, well-meaning people treat others with curiosity, empathy, and good faith. A narcissist, on the other hand, sees interaction as a win-lose situation. To win, they try to dominate, bully, deceive, demean, humiliate, and hurt others.

For that, they use certain common and predictable tactics that include but are not limited to arguing in bad faith, lying, denying, deflecting and attacking, gaslighting, and intimidating. If and when they feel they have lost or were wronged, they will try to intimidate you further and manipulate others in order to hurt you personally and socially. Sometimes while accusing you of it at the same time.

Engaging with a person who uses these tactics is fruitless, frustrating, boring, and predictable. Yet someone who is not quite familiar with it may think, But if only I explained myself better Or, But if only I presented my argument better Or, But if only they could understand where Im coming from But if only.

Yet theyre not interested in, and often not even capable of, that. They dont care about sound arguments, honesty, empathy, curiosity, or win-win resolutions. They mightclaim that they are all about that, but if you look at how they act its evident that they are not. https://psychcentral.com/blog/psychology-self/2018/08/narcissist-arguing#6

Now, I can assure you my oponents in here would deny that they ever use the tactics discussed in the article I am posting, and flip the script to say that I am the narcissist here, even that posting this very thread proves it...Wrong...I'm just a guy in here that is looking for a way to get back to actual debate, rather than the circus we have in here now where people from both sides seem to think there is something to win by humiliating their opponent, and bullying them into silence....It's toxic...

So, let's see if we can have a discussion, and/or how long it will take to devolve into just another bait, and troll fest....

So the poster tries to generalize and insult half the country and then "just wants to back to actual debate"

Interesting.

Congradulations....One post...That's all it took...

5. Deflecting, attacking, projecting​

A painfully common tactic used by narcissists is deflect and attack.

Here, the goal is to shift attention from what the narcissist is saying and doing to what you are saying and doing, where they never have to take responsibility for their toxic behavior or address anything youre saying.

Congradulations....One post...That's all it took...

5. Deflecting, attacking, projecting​

A painfully common tactic used by narcissists is deflect and attack.

Here, the goal is to shift attention from what the narcissist is saying and doing to what you are saying and doing, where they never have to take responsibility for their toxic behavior or address anything youre saying.
Actually, it was simply pointing out your logical inconsistency.

Actually, it was simply pointing out your logical inconsistency.
No sir...

1. Arguing in bad faith​

When in disagreement, a common person tries to understand the other party, listen to them, be honest, and make sure they understand where others are coming from. Sure, sometimes people can slip and become too upset or too anxious. But generally thats the unwritten guideline.

Narcissists on the other hand argue in what is sometimes referred to as bad faith. It means that they dont even care about, or try to understand, the other person. Or even worse, they are dedicated to deliberately misunderstanding and mischaracterizing others, often to the point of absurdity.

No sir...

1. Arguing in bad faith​

When in disagreement, a common person tries to understand the other party, listen to them, be honest, and make sure they understand where others are coming from. Sure, sometimes people can slip and become too upset or too anxious. But generally thats the unwritten guideline.

Narcissists on the other hand argue in what is sometimes referred to as bad faith. It means that they dont even care about, or try to understand, the other person. Or even worse, they are dedicated to deliberately misunderstanding and mischaracterizing others, often to the point of absurdity.
Nope, it was still just pointing out your logical inconsistency.

Also you are missing out on multiple defining features of how narcissists behave and are only giving out a subset of the behavioral profile.

Lastly this thread makes me miss CaptainCourtesy, if he were here, this would have been hilarious.

Last edited:
The Left didn’t elect a narcissistic loud mouthed racist president. No. They voted in a black man, supported an intelligent woman and then put a soft-spoken Catholic in the WH.

Sing your BS song. But no one outside of the cultish Kool Aid brigade is listening.

In this thread I'd like to discuss the tactics used today by our fellow American's...In this time of division among us, we see certain aspects of narcissism coming to the forefront in some people...It is troubling...We don't speak TO each other anymore, as much as we do speak OVER each other in a way where NOTHING will ever be discussed civilly...

Now, I can assure you my oponents in here would deny that they ever use the tactics discussed in the article I am posting, and flip the script to say that I am the narcissist here, even that posting this very thread proves it...Wrong...I'm just a guy in here that is looking for a way to get back to actual debate, rather than the circus we have in here now where people from both sides seem to think there is something to win by humiliating their opponent, and bullying them into silence....It's toxic...

So, let's see if we can have a discussion, and/or how long it will take to devolve into just another bait, and troll fest....

Why would you make the title of the "The tactics of the far left" if you really wanted to discuss debate in general? The article you reference does not make a distinction along political leanings in describing "techniques used by narcissists and manipulators". Is it your assumption that only the "far left" can be narcissists and manipulators?

Why would you make the title of the "The tactics of the far left" if you really wanted to discuss debate in general? The article you reference does not make a distinction along political leanings in describing "techniques used by narcissists and manipulators". Is it your assumption that only the "far left" can be narcissists and manipulators?
No, but my perspective, I see the left employing these traits more often.

No sir...

1. Arguing in bad faith​

You did exactly that (bolded above) by declaring (equating?) those on the far left as (mostly?) narcissists and arguing in bad faith. Rest assured that the same undesirable discussion (debate?) tactics are employed by those with different political leanings.

Perhaps you should expand your perspective?

This is a good graphical representation of how this thread is going

giphy.gif

Perhaps that is because you (like most folks) choose to argue (debate) mainly with folks you disagree with. After all, simply saying “yep, me too” is not much of an argument (debate).

On an internet political forum such as this, people are already fixed on their side, whether left or right and there is never any true honest discussion. Most is deflection and insults as seen just in this thread so far.

Far as actual "tactics of the left", their pride and joy, go to, tactic has to be the use of "false narratives". Used extensively with the false Russia Collusion narrative, as it appeared the left and msm had daily and weekly conference calls to decide upon their daily narrative, catch phrase, and wording to use. At first noticing this, it was funny, then it became weird and strange, then went to, wow, these people have zero ethics, period.

Yet, it worked well for them, for there are many who still repeat the same "false narratives" over and over, even though since proved false. Then seeing their success, it was fostered upon the Covid virus and the Trumps administration efforts to thwart the threat....it helped them win the election. Many on the left were wholly deceived from the lies, along with the aide of the msm and Big Tech, many people never even heard the actual truth.

-----

Any decent Marxist and Liberal Fascist will have memorised Saul Alinskys handbook on how to deal with the enemy -- possibly you and definitely me .

Discussion is never entertained under any circumstances .One thing that Mr T understood and one reason why he is so hated . He was taught how Communists fought by the genius advocate Roy Cohn when T was a young man .

The problem is that the American Sheeple are only now waking up to a revolution that has swept through the education system for at least the last 30 years .

They are going to have to work out fast how to best deal with the likes of BLM and Antifa who are only the foot soldiers acting as puppets for the hardened cult members .

On an internet political forum such as this, people are already fixed on their side, whether left or right and there is never any true honest discussion. Most is deflection and insults as seen just in this thread so far.

Far as actual "tactics of the left", their pride and joy, go to, tactic has to be the use of "false narratives". Used extensively with the false Russia Collusion narrative, as it appeared the left and msm had daily and weekly conference calls to decide upon their daily narrative, catch phrase, and wording to use. At first noticing this, it was funny, then it became weird and strange, then went to, wow, these people have zero ethics, period.

Yet, it worked well for them, for there are many who still repeat the same "false narratives" over and over, even though since proved false. Then seeing their success, it was fostered upon the Covid virus and the Trumps administration efforts to thwart the threat....it helped them win the election. Many on the left were wholly deceived from the lies, along with the aide of the msm and Big Tech, many people never even heard the actual truth.

LMAO.... "false narratives"

Any decent Marxist and Liberal Fascist will have memorised Saul Alinskys handbook on how to deal with the enemy -- possibly you and definitely me .

Discussion is never entertained under any circumstances .One thing that Mr T understood and one reason why he is so hated . He was taught how Communists fought by the genius advocate Roy Cohn when T was a young man .

The problem is that the American Sheeple are only now waking up to a revolution that has swept through the education system for at least the last 30 years .

They are going to have to work out fast how to best deal with the likes of BLM and Antifa who are only the foot soldiers acting as puppets for the hardened cult members .

Did you check under your bed? They might be hiding there too...

Nope, it was still just pointing out your logical inconsistency.

Also you are missing out on multiple defining features of how narcissists behave and are only giving out a subset of the behavioral profile.

Lastly this thread makes me miss CaptainCourtesy, if he were here, this would have been hilarious.
Capt Courtesy employed with great skill, and venom the very points made in the article...But, I find it interesting that you long for what I can only assume is the more adept "bully" in this case to shut down this discussion rather than introspectively look inward and wonder if there are things that could be done better to foster discussion rather than destroying debate...

3. Provoking, bullying, intimidating​

Since a narcissists goal is to dominate and be perceived as right at all costs, they often use aggression.This category involves the more overtly aggressive tactics commonly used by narcissists.

The Left didn’t elect a narcissistic loud mouthed racist president. No. They voted in a black man, supported an intelligent woman and then put a soft-spoken Catholic in the WH.

Sing your BS song. But no one outside of the cultish Kool Aid brigade is listening.
This thread isn't about who is President of the United States....Maybe you're in the wrong thread.

You did exactly that (bolded above) by declaring (equating?) those on the far left as (mostly?) narcissists and arguing in bad faith. Rest assured that the same undesirable discussion (debate?) tactics are employed by those with different political leanings.
Never said that I, or anyone else was perfect...In fact I said that "Both" sides of the political discussion in here do this...

Back
Top Bottom