• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Syrian Chemical Weapons Deal Is Nothing More Than A Face-Saving Stalling Tactic

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Chris Murphy
September 14, 2013

Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:14:33 PM by lbryce

The U.S. and Russia have reached a deal to hand over Assad's chemical weapons stockpiles to the international community for their removal and destruction.

This move allows the U.S. to save face, and it has at least temporarily postponed a U.S. military attack on Syria. But the Syria problem is obviously far from solved.

In all likelihood, the complete removal and destruction of chemical weapons is a pipe dream.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Syria Chemical Weapons Agreement - Business Insider

No matter what Obama does from now on, his credibility and veracity will be questioned. Leading from behind is only for cowards and not for true leaders. The only exception would be a Community Organizer Leader their cowardly leadership is ultimate failure. Chicago and Detroit are prime examples.

Re: The Syrian Chemical Weapons Deal Is Nothing More Than A Face-Saving Stalling Tact

U.S.-Russia deal will allow Assad to 'delay and deceive': McCain, Graham say
Reuters – 5 hrs ago

2013-09-14T194848Z_1_CBRE98D1J1I00_RTROPTP_2_USA-SYRIA-CRISIS.JPG

"It requires a willful suspension of disbelief to see this agreement as anything other than the start of a diplomatic blind alley, and the Obama administration is being led into it by Bashar Assad and (Russian President) Vladimir Putin," Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina said in a statement.....snip~

U.S.-Russia deal will allow Assad to 'delay and deceive': McCain, Graham say

Heya WW. Check out the In honor of the Syrian Rebels thread. Then this one and check out those links. ;)

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...-arming-rebels-no-deal-18.html#post1062315504

Re: The Syrian Chemical Weapons Deal Is Nothing More Than A Face-Saving Stalling Tact

By Chris Murphy
September 14, 2013

Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:14:33 PM by lbryce

The U.S. and Russia have reached a deal to hand over Assad's chemical weapons stockpiles to the international community for their removal and destruction.

This move allows the U.S. to save face, and it has at least temporarily postponed a U.S. military attack on Syria. But the Syria problem is obviously far from solved.

In all likelihood, the complete removal and destruction of chemical weapons is a pipe dream.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Syria Chemical Weapons Agreement - Business Insider

No matter what Obama does from now on, his credibility and veracity will be questioned. Leading from behind is only for cowards and not for true leaders. The only exception would be a Community Organizer Leader their cowardly leadership is ultimate failure. Chicago and Detroit are prime examples.

Obama was going to send a few rockets at Assad for using WMD, however not only is Obama not going to do anything, Assad is now in-charge along with Putin and they are not going to give up anything. How naive can Obama be? What an idiot.

Ah well, at least for now you don't have to worry about a US intervention. He's also saving you from reliving all those painful memories of intervening in Rwandan genocide.

Ah well, at least for now you don't have to worry about a US intervention. He's also saving you from reliving all those painful memories of intervening in Rwandan genocide.

G'Day Serenity
hat.gif
.....nah not really. Don't forget the French have filed for Enforceable Action in the UN over the Central Republic of Africa and the Congo. Plus they do have one going for Mali too.

So you know the French will want to go and punish someone. Which GUESS WHO they will get to help them out. ;)

G'Day Serenity
hat.gif
.....nah not really. Don't forget the French have filed for Enforceable Action in the UN over the Central Republic of Africa and the Congo. Plus they do have one going for Mali too.

So you know the French will want to go and punish someone. Which GUESS WHO they will get to help them out. ;)

I'm not sure that my country still has the military capacity to make war against "bad dictators". We didn't even bring more than one warship alongside the US navy force deployed in the Mediterranean sea. I think your government will do his war alone.

I'm not sure that my country still has the military capacity to make war against "bad dictators". We didn't even bring more than one warship alongside the US navy force deployed in the Mediterranean sea. I think your government will do his war alone.

Well, you will get no argument out of me about their Military capability.....but that still doesn't stop them from filing those enforceable action resolutions in the UN. Once they quit jumping off into others business we may just have less chaos taking place.

The French are simply holding out for U.S. cash, IMHO.

Mornin Ttwtt.....that and always looking for others to use their resources. Use their tech and get supplies from them. Time for France to pay their own freight. They want to run around talking about Punishing people. Well the first rule of thumb is.....backing up oneself.

I don't know.

I think our government wants to show that he doesn't repeat the same "mistake" that he did in 2003 (you know when the foreign minister said he didn't want to go along side US in irak).

Maybe the US will thank us by buying two or three miltary planes, or something like that...but I doubt it.

Last edited:

"Obama is going to bomb Syria to save face over the red-line comment"

"Obama is going to not bomb Syria to save face over the red-line comment"

Wut????

Back
Top Bottom